• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

Songdragon

Explorer
At hearing of Syl's explanation of what the creatures were Zelena motions to Borric, "Quickly, let me see your flail." She calls upon her goddess' powers again, "Let the power of the Goddess of Light and Good give this weapon the power to defeat these foul demons!"

(Cast Align Weapon (Good) on Borric's Flail (Duration 8 minutes)

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Protection rom evil (80 minutes)
AC: 25 (15 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, grace, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Magic Cirle of Protection from evil, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=OOC]Only cleared it up, somewhat. I still don't know if Borric's actions are valid for Round 3. If they are for Round 4, I guess that is okay by me too.

This delaying foes actions to intermingle in between ours sort of defeats the purpose of group Initiative, btw. If you are going to let that happen, then you might as well go to Individual Initiative instead. It will be less confusing.

For the record, with only three people I am fine with doing Individual Initiative (with all foes on their own counts too). I think our pace will be the same either way. And then it will add a bit more to the tactical situation. :)[/Sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
With the ease of much practice Borric uses his flail to hook the babau's feet and drag them out from under the creature. It falls with a sibilant squeal and almost drops its spear. When Borric strikes the creature again the flail cuts through slime and hide though the wound doesn't seem nearly as grievous as expected.

GM: Combat Round Four: Borric & Sylvain are up (Zelena cast align weapon this round).

[sblock=Combat/OOC]
My apologies for such a long delay.

Initiative: Party (17.666), Monsters (15)

Map:

Monsters:
Dwarven undead: dead
Babau1: AC 19/11/18 48/73 hp
Babau2: AC 19/11/18 65/73 hp

Characters:
Borric 88/94
Sylvain 74/74
Zelena 63/66

Conditions:
Sylvain: Dazzled: -1 on attack rolls and Perception checks.
Borric: Heroism: +2 (morale) on attacks, saves, skill checks. 90/90 min.
Borric: Align Weapon Good: bypasses DR/good
All: Bless: +1 (morale) on attacks, saves vs. fear. 8/8 min.
All: Magic Circle/Evil: +2 AC (deflection), +2 saves (resist). 80/80 min.
Dim light: negated by ioun torches (normal light indicated by yellow circles)
Babau: [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric continues taking powerful strokes with the flail, the electricity crackling around the spiked head. He tries to quickly finish off the tough creature, but the skin appears to be tough. He alternates smashing the creature and taking out its legs to keep it down. He is making good progress, but not fast enough to kill it quickly.

"I'll have this one taken care of soon, what about the other one? Syl, you got something that will delay it until I am ready?"

[sblock=Actions]1st Attack Shock Fail vs. Babau2 (PA, Heroism) (1d20+18=30, 1d8+16+1d6=24)

Assuming Babau2 is Prone, but even if not reserving Gtr Trip for 2nd Attack. Can ignore if not applicable.
2nd Attack Shock Fail vs. Babau2 Greater Trip(PA, Heroism, Fortune) (1d20+17=36) - No need for Fortune re-roll
2nd Attack AoO Shock Fail vs. Prone Babau2(PA, Heroism) (1d20+13=18, 1d8+16+1d6=21)

If Babau provokes an AoO: AoO Shock Fail vs. Prone Babau2(PA, Heroism) (1d20+18=38, 1d8+16+1d6=23) - Crit Confirm Shock Fail vs. Prone Babau2(PA, Heroism) (1d20+18=34, 1d8+16=24) = Total 47 Dmg [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - 29 With Prot from Evil
HP: 88 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6), Fortune, Heroism, Bless, Prot from Evil, Align Weapon

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
OOC[sblock]Can Syl make out either or both of the enemies now? I'd assume with Borric smashing one, Syl can find that one at least.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The creature's hide is tough but Zelena's aura of goodness placed on the weapon enables the weapon to cut deeper than Borric's previous attack. The electricity dances over the babau's hide with little effect. Sylvain, still to act, glances about: in addition to the one Borric is pounding (well within the circle of light put off by Borric's ioun torch) he sees another babau lurking at the edge of brighter light cast by Zelena's floating torch.

GM: Combat Round Four: Sylvain is up.

[sblock=Combat/OOC]
Initiative: Party (17.666), Monsters (15)

Map: (no change)

Monsters:
Babau1: AC 19/11/18 48/73 hp
Babau2 (next to Borric): AC 19/11/18 46/73 hp (prone)

Characters:
Borric 88/94
Sylvain 74/74
Zelena 63/66

Conditions:

Gerald007

First Post
Syl continues to keep his luck blessings focused on Borric, hoping the warrior could contain the devil he had cornered.

Meanwhile, he attempts to deal with the other threat. He could think of nothing less threatening than a little cricket that Waltor could chew on for a while. He attempted to force the devil into that particular shape.

OOC: Free action--none, move action--cackle, standard action--cast Baleful Polymorph. DC 21 to avoid the effects.

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sylvain taps into a dark reservoir of elemental magic and casts his baleful polymorph. As the magics encompass the babau the creature seems to melt and reform as a much smaller creature. In his mind Sylvain can hear the creature shrieking its dismay but that cuts off as even its mind is reformed by the magics.

The babau tied up by Borric's attacks attempts to scuttle to its feet but Borric takes advantage of the movement and again lays into the babau causing it severe damage. As the creature begins to use its ability to teleport away Borric uses his greater reflexes to strike again. The creature crumples lifeless to the ground.

Silence falls over the spire battleground.

GM: Combat over. I'll get xp updated asap.

[sblock=Combat/OOC]Initiative: Party (17.666), Monsters (15)

Map: (no change)

Monsters:
Babau1: AC 19/11/18 48/73 hp [polymorphed]
Babau2 (next to Borric): AC 19/11/18 -/73 hp (prone)

Characters:
Borric 88/94
Sylvain 74/74
Zelena 63/66

Conditions:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks down at the creature he just felled and gives it a nudge with his foot.

"Well, that's that, I guess. You two think there are any more out and about?"

With the precarious position atop the structure and nothing but drops all around, the idea of exploring by the traditional methods doesn't appear likely. But with apparitions that can fly and demons that can teleport, the fighter is a little uneasy about things.

"Hmmm. It occurs to me that we are a beacon of otherworldliness standing here. But I for one am not in favor of putting away our illumination for a second."

"However, any exploration we do would have to be by flying. And I am not sure if that would be too safe."

Borric puts mageslayer away after no further attacks appear to be surprising them and takes a close look at the body by his feet.

[sblock=Actions]Stow Flail, Search body[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - 29 With Prot from Evil
HP: 88 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6), Fortune, Heroism, Bless, Prot from Evil, Align Weapon

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Boy, the sage didn't lie, did he? That was a heckuva welcome. First devils that I've fought as far as I can remember. Good job to both of you on handling them. Wish I could have caught that cricket for Waltor though. He could have chewed on that one for days!"

Syl looks around and nods at Borric's words. "Flying looks like it will be required. I can fly for several minutes, but it'd be nice to find a good landing spot before it happens to wear off."

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21)^, Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads