• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I suppose the green outline is something I have to walk around now without like an athletics check or something, so I'm not able to get to Drutha in one turn.

Moon Moon howls at the sky. Something like this.

He then moves past the horses around the bend. (Move and dash towards Drutha).

Last edited by a moderator:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Drutha Keldret, Hobgoblin Fighter
Forest
Night/7 PM
Round 6

[sblock=OOC]Um...having just checked the last few rounds now, Drutha shouldn’t be down. She used her Second Wind last round and so was at 9 hp. B2’s attack only did 6 damage, so she’s still up at 3.[/sblock]

Visibly hurt, but still standing, Drutha growled at the human, “Oh, I am far from dead, Human.” Even as the others attack, she stabs at him with her glaive.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Glaive attack B2: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
Crit!
Glaive crit slashing damage: 2D10+2 = [2, 1]+2 = 5
And that’s just my luck...
Move:
Bonus:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 3/13 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

ammulder

Explorer
OOC:
Um...having just checked the last few rounds now, Drutha shouldn’t be down. She used her Second Wind last round and so was at 9 hp. B2’s attack only did 6 damage, so she’s still up at 3.

Oops, you're right -- I totally missed the Second Wind. Sorry about that!

Though the scimitar hit did 7, so she's still in action at 2 HP.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Karok stomps over to the man on the ground, growling in the back of his throat. He points his fingers at the man, readying another spell.

"Move, human, and you die."

OOC: Readied Action: If the human moves to escape or attack, cast Magic Missiles (I should have one more slot), all three on this person: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2].

ammulder

Explorer
Drutha, Ripnek, and Nert gang up on B2, slashing and slashing and shooting him, respectively. He dies with a look of start terror on his face, having been abandoned to the darkness by all of his comrades. (Saashala's blast goes wide, for what little it matters.)

Nert neads toward the horses after taking his shot, while Moon Moon dashes over to the injured. Neither is there to see Karok call out to B1, "Move, human, and you die."

B1 reaches back to massage his sore back where he hit the ground, and gives Karok a direct look. "Aren't you going to kill me anyway?" He doesn't move, though.

The horse that he had freed wanders off-map in the direction of the arrow, at a leisurely walk.

combat1-map7-forum.png

OOC: We can go off rounds, for the moment. The tracks left by the horses and fleeing humans are very clear in the snow, if you choose to pursue. B1 appears willing to parley.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
"That depends on how useful you can be," Karok said with a grin. "Now crawl to the campfire."

Karok looks up towards his people, and calls out "I caught one! We're coming around!"

He didn't want one of them killing his new prisoner.

Last edited by a moderator:

TallIan

Explorer
Nert Muchshredder

Nert return to the bowl of the strange hill and starts to search for his arrows, making sure to stay out of reach of the bigs. They had a habit of not realising that the fight was over and lashing out at smalls.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 12/12
Passive perception: 14

Abilities: Fury of the small 1/1 short rest
Arrows: 19
Rations: 8
[/SBLOCK]

ammulder

Explorer
The prisoner glares at Karok and stands, ignoring the instruction to crawl but pointedly leaving his weapons on the ground. If nothing happens to stop him, he limps toward the fire with hands raised in a position of surrender.

Remove ads