• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - OOC (FULL)

Btw EB, if you have anything to add or change to my background please Let me know. I'm not familiar with the Forbidden Realms setting so basicly went with the characters Old Story xD

Also tglassy, as a Bladesinger I'll mostly be weaving in and out of combat with alot of close range magic

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
I just can’t seem to get behind a halfling shepherd druid. I’ve been trying to gather up some inspiration but it’s just not coming.

We have a paladin and a barbarian, so we are good with frontliners. We have a rogue. We have a wizard and a warlock so magic in range attacks are good. I really do just need a healer/support person. That means Cleric, Druid or bard. Really only the Cleric is actually on the list of classes that have variations in SCAG. Would you be terribly upset if I switched to being an arcane Cleric?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Not at all, would prefer to have the SCAG class/option myself.

tglassy

Adventurer
Cool. Then I’ll workup an Arcane Cleric. I might still go with Ghostwise Halfling, but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Here's the first draft of Darian Harte, Swordsman, Noble of Waterdeep

Name: Darian Harte
Race: Male Human (Variant)
Background: Waterdhavian Noble
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)-1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Level: 1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Inspiration: No

Strength: 12 (+1)
+Athlethics: +3​

Dexterity: 18 (+4), Saves: +6
+Acrobatics: +6
Sleight of Hand: +4
+Stealth: +6

++Thieves' Tools: +8​

Charisma: 18 (+4)
++Deception: +8
Intimidation: +4
Performance: +4
+Persuasion: +6

+Flute: +6​
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Investigation: 8
Initiative: +4
AC: 17
Speed: 30 ft
Hit Dice: 1d8
Spent HD: none
HP: 10/10

Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 7 (-2), Saves: +0
Arcana: -2
+History: +0
Investigation: -2
Nature: -2
Religion: -2​

Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Animal Handling: +2
+Insight: +4
Medicine: +2
+Perception: +4
Survival: +2​

+Proficient; ++Expert

[sblock="COMBAT"]OFFENSE Initiative: +0
Weapon
Rapier, right hand
Rapier, left hand
Dagger (thrown)
Range

20/60
To Hit
+6
+6
+6
Damage
1d8+4 (p)
1d8 (p)
1d4+4 (p)
Notes
finesse
finesse
light, thrown (20/60)
DEFENSE
AC: 17 = 12 +4 (dex) +1 (feat)
Immunities: none
Resistances: none

EXPENDABLES
[/sblock][sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Elvish, Giant, Thieves' Cant
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: All simple, plus hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, and shortswords.
Tools: thieves' tools, flute​
Race: Human (Variant)
+1 Cha, +1 Con; Speed: 30 feet; Size: Medium; Livespan: 100- years
Bonus Language: Elvish; Bonus Skill: Insight; Bonus Feat: Dual Wielder​
Skills: History, Persuasion; Tools: [-]gaming set or[/-] musical instrument; Language: Giant
Feature: Kept in Style: While in Waterdeep or anywhere in the North, your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name and signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to record your debt and send an accounting to your family's estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe.
This advantage enables you to live a comforable lifestyle without having to pay 2 gp a day for it,
or reduces the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle and use the difference as income - the benefit is a line of credit, not an actual monetary reward.​
Feats:
Dual Wielder: You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits:
  • You gain +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.
  • You can use two weapon finging even when the one-handed melee weapons you use aren't light.
  • You can draw or stow two one-handed melee weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.
Class: Rogue: Swashbuckler
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception, Stealth; Tools: thieves' tools
Expertise: Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with an expert skill or tool: thieves' tools & deception
Sneak Attack: Once per turn, extra 1d6 damage to one creature you have advantage on using a finesse or ranged weapon.
You don't need advantage if another enemy of the target is with 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the roll.
Thieves' Cant: Secret language of thieves.
[/sblock][sblock="EQUIPMENT"]Studded Leather (13#)
2 Rapiers (2# each)
4 daggers (1# each)

waterskin
signet ring
backpack
fine clothes (3#)
scroll of pedigree
skin of fine wine (5#)
a blanket (3#)
bedroll (7#)
flute (1#)
belt pouch (20 gp, 4 sp, )

Equipment Weight: 35#
[sblock="Carrying Capacity"]
Encumbered
Heavily Encumbered
Carrying Capacity
Push, Drag, Lift
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock="DESCRIPTION and HISTORY"]HISTORY: Darian was fourth born to Pelgrim and Nora Harte. He is 11th in line (12th once his cousin Mary gives birth in a few months) to inherit the Harte Family enterprises. The Hartes are known for clothing and woodworking enterprises throughout the North and mainly in Waterdeep. Darian has been idly wealthy for a while and has no interest in the family businesses at all. He is a socialite, well-trained in arms and tired of trying to impress his distant cousins (the other Waterdhavian nobles). So he has set out to find something more interesting to do. His mother wants him to settle down with a girl from a "good" family and take ownership of a few small side businesses to make his own name. Darian thinks there are better ways to make a name for himself.

His childhood arms tutor was also skilled in less "fair" armed traditions and found Darian had a penchant for finding the soft underbelly of his opponents.
Race: Human
Relationship: Does not kiss and tell, much
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150#
Complexion: tanned
Skin: light
Hair: Brown
Eyes: blue
Face Structure: square jawed
APPEARANCE: Darian is a classically handsome man. He wears his wealth casually, neither flaunting it nor denying it. He wears colorful clothes but most of those clothes reverse to dark browns or charcoal grays when he is sneaking about.

PERSONALITY: Darian is a smooth talker. If he weren't actually a noble, he'd be a smooth talking phony. He is casual with relationships. He will sometimes pass himself off as a bard (lower case) with his flute playing or use his musical skill to woo women.

Traits: If I'm not good at it. It isn't worth doing.
Traits: Sometimes I find it hard to run when that's the best plan.
Ideal: To be the finest swordsman in the North.
Bond: If I give you my word, I'm probably scamming you but if I swear on my family, I'm speaking true.
Flaw: Darian is a romantic. For all his swagger, he does believe he will find "the one" someday.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Here's the first draft of Darian Harte, Swordsman, Noble of Waterdeep

Name: Darian Harte
Race: Male Human (Variant)
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)-1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Level: 1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Inspiration: No

Strength: 12 (+1)
+Athlethics: +3​

Dexterity: 18 (+4), Saves: +6
+Acrobatics: +6
Sleight of Hand: +4
+Stealth: +6

++Thieves' Tools: +8​

Charisma: 18 (+4)
++Deception: +8
Intimidation: +4
Performance: +4
+Persuasion: +6

+Flute: +6​
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Investigation: 8
Initiative: +4
AC: 17
Speed: 30 ft
Hit Dice: 1d8
Spent HD: none
HP: 10/10

Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 7 (-2), Saves: +0
Arcana: -2
+History: +0
Investigation: -2
Nature: -2
Religion: -2​

Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Animal Handling: +2
+Insight: +4
Medicine: +2
+Perception: +4
Survival: +2​

+Proficient; ++Expert

[sblock="COMBAT"]OFFENSE Initiative: +0
Weapon
Rapier, right hand
Rapier, left hand
Dagger (thrown)
Range

20/60
To Hit
+6
+6
+6
Damage
1d8+4 (p)
1d8 (p)
1d4+4 (p)
Notes
finesse
finesse
light, thrown (20/60)
DEFENSE
AC: 17 = 12 +4 (dex) +1 (feat)
Immunities: none
Resistances: none

EXPENDABLES
[/sblock][sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Elvish, Giant, Thieves' Cant
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: All simple, plus longsword, long bow, shortsword and short bow.
Tools: thieves' tools, flute​
Race: Human (Variant)
+1 Cha, +1 Con; Speed: 30 feet; Size: Medium; Livespan: 100- years
Bonus Skill: Insight; Bonus Feat: Dual Wielder​
Skills: History, Persuasion; Tools: [-]gaming set or[/-] musical instrument; Language: 1
Feature: Kept in Style: While in Waterdeep or anywhere in the North, your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name and signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to record your debt and send an accounting to your family's estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe.
This advantage enables you to live a comforable lifestyle without having to pay 2 gp a day for it,
or reduces the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle and use the difference as income - the benefit is a line of credit, not an actual monetary reward.​
Feats:
Dual Wielder: You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits:
  • You gain +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.
  • You can use two weapon finging even when the one-handed melee weapons you use aren't light.
  • You can draw or stow two one-handed melee weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.
Class: Rogue: Swashbuckler
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth; Tools: thieves' tools
Expertise: Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with an expert skill or tool: thieves' tools & acrobatics
Sneak Attack: Once per turn, extra 1d6 damage to one creature you have advantage on using a finesse or ranged weapon.
You don't need advantage if another enemy of the target is with 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the roll.
Thieves' Cant: Secret language of thieves.
[/sblock][sblock="EQUIPMENT"]Studded Leather (13#)
2 Rapiers (2# each)
4 daggers (1# each)

waterskin
signet ring
backpack
fine clothes (3#)
scroll of pedigree
skin of fine wine (5#)
a blanket (3#)
bedroll (7#)
flute (1#)
belt pouch (20 gp, 0 sp, )

Equipment Weight: 35#
[sblock="Carrying Capacity"]
Encumbered
Heavily Encumbered
Carrying Capacity
Push, Drag, Lift
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock="DESCRIPTION and HISTORY"]HISTORY: Darian was fourth born to Pelgrim and Nora Harte. He is 11th in line (12th once his cousin Mary gives birth in a few months) to inherit the Harte Family enterprises. The Hartes are known for clothing and woodworking enterprises throughout the North and mainly in Waterdeep. Darian has been idly wealthy for a while and has no interest in the family businesses at all. He is a socialite, well-trained in arms and tired of trying to impress his distant cousins (the other Waterdhavian nobles). So he has set out to find something more interesting to do. His mother wants him to settle down with a girl from a "good" family and take ownership of a few small side businesses to make his own name. Darian thinks there are better ways to make a name for himself.

His childhood arms tutor was also skilled in less "fair" armed traditions and found Darian had a penchant for finding the soft underbelly of his opponents.
Race: Human
Relationship: Does not kiss and tell, much
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150#
Complexion: tanned
Skin: light
Hair: Brown
Eyes: blue
Face Structure: square jawed
APPEARANCE: Darian is a classically handsome man. He wears his wealth casually, neither flaunting it nor denying it. He wears colorful clothes but most of those clothes reverse to dark browns or charcoal grays when he is sneaking about.

PERSONALITY: Darian is a smooth talker. If he weren't actually a noble, he'd be a smooth talking phony. He is casual with relationships. He will sometimes pass himself off as a bard (lower case) with his flute playing or use his musical skill to woo women.

Traits: If I'm not good at it. It isn't worth doing.
Traits: Sometimes I find it hard to run when that's the best plan.
Ideal: To be the finest swordsman in the North.
Bond: If I give you my word, I'm probably scamming you but if I swear on my family, I'm speaking true.
Flaw: Darian is a romantic. For all his swagger, he does believe he will find "the one" someday.
[/sblock]

Quoted/copied/&pasted... thanks

Will be going over characters while the games are on hope to be all done by WED.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Character Reviews:

Fareon:
- 27gp, 2sp lot of leftover cash (for a barbarian) you could "buy" a wolf - aka a mastiff is 25gp not as strong as a wolf (a runt?), but a flavor win if we reskin it into a big black wolf. Then 2gp and 2sp in leftover gold
- later we can see about using down time to train the wolf into an animal companion, and have him "grow" into his wolf stats
- Looking into background info to help you think of something and you could look into Eastern Shaar, perhaps a community of halflings from Luiren fled west to avoid the Great Sea and founded a nomadic tribe, much like the human tribes of Shaar.

Darian:
- +1 free human language (pg.112)
- weapon prof. are off - all simple weapons plus hand crossbow, longsword, rapier, and shortswords
- Deception listed under stats as expertise, but you never took the skill (also gives you 8 skills which is one over) - I see Acrobatics listed as exprtise later on
- leftover money = 20gp, 4sp

Wilhelm:
- Among the Dead DC13 please list it as it will change over time
- daggers should be +5 to hit in both melee and range
- +1 additional lanaguage, as the human language is free
- Adding to your background... You grew in Elturel (yep it is close to Warlock's Crypt), Grandfather Guant having a manor nearby. You headed north after leaving home to Daggerford then Waterdeep - something unknown guiding your steps or forcing them your not sure.

Searinox:
- Alignment; you have ?? humans made him feel welcome but not accepted, while the elves were aloof and unfriendly, his one true friend was a prisoner of a strange jail, bringing about compassion and a wanting to help his friends, and the dwaves showed him that it doesn't matter what your sex, race, or religious beliefs are, creation for good or ill is in everyone - I would say he is Neutral or Neutral Good
- under combat AC & HP not listed
- weapon prof. not listed
- have leftover coin as 11gp, 4sp, 8cp

@tglassy Given your stats maybe you should go regular human (+1 to all of them) while not great to start they can be upped later on. As an Arcane cleric you'll have 5 cantrips and 4 first level spells to work with. So just keep the spells to those that don't allow a save, you get magic missile for free which is great.

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m going to go human, but I’m debating Variant so I can grab either Heavy Armor Feat to get my Str to 13, or Prodigy so I can have expertise in a skill. Being able to wear A chain shirt, and then Full Plate even if it slows him down, might help a lot. But then again, having double proficiency in a useful skill could help, too. And there are a few other feats that could help, too. It’ll be his only chance to grab one, since all his ASIs are needed to boost his Wisdom.

BTW, Buddy is an overweight teenager who was training under (insert background) until he was kicked out for his bad attitude. He is cynical and snarky, more than a little lazy, not attractive due to his weight (though not unattractive if he’d lose it), but he makes up for all that by being a royal pain in the @$$ and having a penchant for figuring out how to get out of trouble.

For some reason, Mystra took a liking to him. I’ll come up with more later.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

[Darian:
- +1 free human language (pg.112)
- weapon prof. are off - all simple weapons plus hand crossbow, longsword, rapier, and shortswords
- Deception listed under stats as expertise, but you never took the skill (also gives you 8 skills which is one over) - I see Acrobatics listed as exprtise later on
- leftover money = 20gp, 4sp
The upper part of the character sheet was correct. The lower parts did not reflect the final state of the lower part.

Languages: This section is correct, they just weren't listed in the RACE and BACKGROUND
weapon prof: Yes, they are wrong. I was an elf at one point. :)
deception: is the expert skill. It just isn't in the class section correctly.

Post above is updated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads