• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan

With the priestess knocked out Finnan relinquishes control of the drow's mind. He seemed genuinely remorseful about his actions - unwilling though they were. "What did you make me do?" asked the drow. "Nothing you wouldn't do willingly, you weak minded fool." Spits Finnan in a sudden outburst of anger. He makes no move to tie up the drow, but begins to search the room as well.

OOC: Investigation: 1D20 = [14] = 14

Sorry for the quite patch, I've started a new job and have been busy with all the paperwork.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15 (Studded leather (12) + DEX (3)
HP: 11/21 HD: 3/3

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
1/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)[/SBLOCK]

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Let's not forget Finnan's detect magic eyes, lol

Kildrak ties up the two drow gruffly and then goes with Eldeth down to the lower level to search. It takes a little time but eventually the group has a pile of treasure and some of their own equipment back.

[sblock=Looting]
Thia:
2 cases for maps and scrolls
a bottle of ink, an ink pen
5 sheets of paper
a vial of perfume
sealing wax
and soap
a tinderbox
lieutenant insignia
lyre
dagger

Atallia:
dagger
2 darts

Kildrak:
warhammer
dwarven chainmail
holy symbol

Finnan:
arcane focus/cyrstal dark w/ whirling purple energy inside

Eldeth's warhammer

Treasure:
small silver-framed mirror 10gp
spider statue (zurkhwood and bone), inlaid with semipercious stones 50gp
silken garments and personal items
silver chain headdress, set with small onyx 50gp
leather purse; 44gp, 30sp
moonstone 20gp
spell component pouch
pewter pitcher w/matching goblets 1gp
black velvet mask stitched in silver thread in a spider web pattern 25gp
set of bone dice engraved in elvish characters 10gp
small black velvet bag containing spider shaped onyx brooch 50gp
flask of strong syrupy blue liquor 10gp
Also some fruit, cheese, and bread on the table along with a pitcher of water.

magical items:
- rod with three tentacles like that of an octopus squirming at the end of it - requires attunement
- slim black wand - requires attunement
- drawstring pouch - two potion vials[/sblock]

The two warhammers where in a crisscross pattern in the torture room, and the chainmail was balled up in a corner. Most of the other items (rank insignia, holy symbol, arcane focus, daggers) were on a shelf spread out like trophies.

"We should distribute the valuables among everyone so that someone who gets lost who find civilization has something with which to barter." Thia says. "I'll hold onto the wand and rod for now until we have time to identify them."

"We've been very lucky so far. And we need to rest a bit now and hope Atilla's paralysis clears soon. It usually takes an hour with these spiders. Though I don't like being trapped here with no exits."

OOC: Short rest? What's going on up above? Who's standing watch at the doors to the temple?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Short rest is up to the group. Ront and Buppido are guarding the door to the shrine.
Sarith will also need an hour till he is able to move.
JimJar, Shuushar, Topsy and Turvy are all out and about.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak retrieved his gear. The familiar heft of his warhammer, the cool links of his armor, and the comfort of the representation of his Goddess on his person made the normally dour dwarf seem almost blissful in comparison. "Alright den...I am thinkin' we best be gettin while the gettin is good...there are still more guards and them man-bears out there, thay may come a runnin here once they find us missing from our cage."

Ooc: Hour of hanging out to rest seems pushing it.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak smiled "I aint agin stayin' and fightin'... But I aint too much fer worryin' about sustenance. The Underdark provides when ya know its ways! But instead of clucking about it like a buncha hens...lets put er to a vote!"

"Looks like no one else has an opinion," Thia says. "I still think we need waterskins and stuff like that. We're not going to find that anywhere in the underdark but right here."

EarlyBird

Explorer
A few minutes of arguing later.

*Bur-ooh!* *Bur-ooh!*

Warhorns echo throughout the cavern and then trail off into silence.

OOC: Perception checks if you could please. And there are a couple arrow slit like windows btw.

"Well, that solves the issue for us." Thia looks out the arrow slits to see what's making the alarm, not that she's any good at that usually. "Hopefully, this is not the delegation for Mezzobarranean as that would just mean there's more folks to fight."

OOC: Perception [roll0]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads