D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I just want to say one thing that relates to the previous post: Can you also make stats for the Star Spawn and Allabar, Opener of the way, as well?

The currently feel have several eldritch lords and I will one of these could be used as Allabar. I do want to make a discrete stat block for it sometime, but I don't have any immediate plans.

FYI, I you want to take a crack at any of the epic monsters you would like to see, I am happy to send you the files you need to make these beasts (just PM me your email). Just send me the word file and I will review and edit it with you before I post it. I of course credit all my contributors as well.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
[MENTION=83242]dave2008[/MENTION], I’m running your Yeenoghu but reading through MToF I see WotC consider him to be Huge (14 feet tall), whereas you have him as Large. Any reason for the size discrepancy? I imagined him as huge until i rechecked your stat block.

dave2008

Legend
[MENTION=83242]dave2008[/MENTION], I’m running your Yeenoghu but reading through MToF I see WotC consider him to be Huge (14 feet tall), whereas you have him as Large. Any reason for the size discrepancy? I imagined him as huge until i rechecked your stat block.

He was Large size in 1e, so I went with that. I think he is fine either way, I don't think you need to change his reach or movement, just make his size Huge if you want.

dave2008

Legend
So cool to see everything done for the first pass! Do you think much will change for the first round of revisions? I imagine it would be infinitely quicker.

Thanks!

Well, there will be significant changes, but the general design (traits, actions, etc.) will be the same. I will be adding epic rank and revising the relationship between AC/HP/CR Unfortunately, that will change the math some, so it will take some time. I am still formalizing the changes (along with my epic character changes) and then I will get to updating these to the 2nd drafts. It should go quicker, but it will still take some time.

dave2008

Legend
Maybe a redundant question but you refer to 12th level magic in the greater gods, where/how would I find pertinent info for these?

The epic spells are in / will be in my Epic Character thread. However, I am in the middle of reorganizing and adding to the thread. I recently deleted a bunch of items, but I still have this: Epic Magic I hope to add to it soon.

Hey man, I was just wondering if you had a stat block or any idea for an eldritch titan named Hastur? If not, do you have any plans to include him, have players wishing to fight him XD

dave2008

Legend
Hey man, I was just wondering if you had a stat block or any idea for an eldritch titan named Hastur? If not, do you have any plans to include him, have players wishing to fight him XD

I had thought about adding him, but decided to hold off until the 2nd drafts. However, Mike Myler just posted his version of Hastur here: Epic Monsters: Hastur (5e) I like it a lot and would most likely use this as a basis for my version.

RedTorment

First Post
Hey [MENTION=83242]dave2008[/MENTION] this Strahd version is perfect for my 6 players party + allies.
I have a question about the longsword attack.
Is it a +3 magic longsword correct?
Why it does 6d6 and not 1d8 ?
what happens to the necrotic damage replaced in this version with lightning damage. ?

Remove ads