Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Halford

First Post
The halfling lets out a satisfied belch as he works on digesting his meal and begins trimming his nose hairs with a razor sharp dagger. Those of keen eye will notice that despite his apparently relaxed attitude Daith is in fact observing his prospective employer Xirr and Elthic checking - spareing the occasional appreciative glance for Sister Periwinkle's attributes.

"Legal, illegal pay's right Dair's there."

He pulls out a particulrily lusturous nose hair and pops it out with his blade wipeing it off onto his tunic.

"Portal monsters all Undead?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: So I've got Xir, Elthic, Dair, and Periwinkle interested perhaps? Nobody else around? I'd really like to have one more character to boost things up since I planned this adventure for four 2nd level PC's. So having two 2nd and two 1st might be a little rough. But if nobody else is available currently, then I'll go ahead and run with you four if you are actually interested. I'm sorry for the delay, I was waiting and hoping that more people would chime in.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Sure, Periwinkle is interested. I should note that she only has one approval. If this adventure is about to start, I'll go ahead and pester the judges for another look.

Halford

First Post
OOC: Yep Dair's definetly interested. And in the time honored tradition of heroism we can always run away if things get too tough!

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle, finally recovered from her cuddle with the pseudodragon, sits up. "I've never seen a skeleton before, but of course I'll come help. I read in Mother Vespucci's Guide To Galatea's Green, Growing Gardens Quarterly that if you get skeletons in your closet, what you need is a cleric right away! I didn't understand why anyone would have a skeleton in their closet, but here you are, with a skeleton in your basement, which is probably the next best thing, I suppose. Erm, you have checked your closets, haven't you? Oh, gosh! I just remembered something! I borrowed this morningstar..." Here she waves the object in question around in a rather frightening manner. "But I forgot that I was going to buy some armor before I did anything that might be dangerous. Skeletons are dangerous, right? So I need to go shopping! Whee, shopping!" she says, clapping her hands and actually jumping up and down. "Who's coming with me? Dair? You look like you could use some new clothes. Something in a nice green, to set off your eyes, maybe?"

Periwinkle wanders out, chatting happily to anyone foolish enough to who chooses to accompany her. She heads over to Kolex's shop, and possibly on to other destinations from there. But she'll poke her head in here often enough not to get left behind.

Halford

First Post
Dair's face shows a momentary war of emotions, disgust, lust, and greed chief amongst them, then he shrugs. If there is anything that can be said of the good Sister it is that she is distracting, and Dair can always use a good distraction.

When he sees her move over to Kolex's he absents himself with a grunt and returns a few minutes later carrying a sturdy bit of wood which he takes a few practice swings with.

"That it?" He asks Periwinkle as she moves away from the store.

Phoenix8008

First Post
With everything else done, Verminar hands out the 100 GP to Dair, Periwinkle, Elthic, and Xir to finalize the arrangement. "Here is the address for the house, Dair and Periwinkle." Verminar says while handing over a small paper to each of them. "Meet me there after picking up any equipment you might need with these funds and we will see about getting rid of that skeleton and going from there. Elthic and Xir already know the place, so I'll hope to see all four of you there soon after you do any shopping quickly."

With that, Verminar takes to the air and flys out the door of the Inn unless there are any other questions that need to be asked of him this instant.

OOC: If you four want the job, please check in and post links to your characters in the adventure thread.

Phoenix8008

First Post
A servant boy walks in the front door of the Inn. "Greetings Joe, my name is Thomas. I am a servant of the pseudodragon Verminar. He wished me to leave these items here with you. If any adventurers show up looking for work, please give them the information sheet about the job. If they are interested, pay them 100 gp for the retainer fee and they can report to the address listed on the information sheet for work after purchasing any supplies they might need. My master thanks you for your service and you'll find a separate pouch there for your troubles, Joe."

With his job complete, Thomas turns and leaves the Inn.

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i enters the Red Dragon and approaches the bar. He waits patiently for the bartender to come over, at which point he orders an ale. As he sits there nursing his drink, his rough appearance makes it clear that he's an adventurer, though new to these parts.

Remove ads