Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

covaithe

Explorer
"You have a wooden form? Is it like a tree? Wow, I've never met anyone who could turn into a tree before. And termites? Do they hurt? Do you still have them when you're not turned into a tree?" Periwinkle bounces forward, fidgeting on the edge of her seat.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Verminar stares at Periwinkle for a moment before blinking slowly. He raises one claw to rub at the bridge of his snout, between his eyes. After a moment he explains. "No milady, it is a jest between the dwarf and myself. I have neither a wooden form or termites. It would be a long story to explain the details behind the jest, and I haven't the time at the moment."

Wik

First Post
Elthic gives a side glance to Periwinkle. "The only wood in the dragon is his brain, and the termites got that a long time ago."

Elthic considers for a few moments, frowning. Eventually, he grunts.

"House cleaning for Darque was a pain, I'll admit. And you didn't make it any easier on us. But, you were in the right, and I'm glad for it. Mind you, the last time we fought skeletons in the basement, things didn't go so well for us. At all.

But, I guess I'll go. I'm not worried about compensation, so don't worry about that. I have my rules, and you can guess at them, house. I'm no assassin, and I won't betray my family. And, as I said to Darque, I'm not in favour of breaking the law. Past that, I'm in your service."

[/color]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Glad to have you on the team, sir dwarf. And on the bright side, this time there is only one skeleton in the basement and it's unarmed as well. Nothing but bony claws. No swords to run people through with like that poor singing girl Eleria." Verminar points out with a sad smile.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Raising his voice, Vermiar speaks out to the rest of the room, "Greetings to you all, since I've only got 1 or two of the team I was looking for here, I'll be needing some others to fill in on this mission I'm hiring for. Any prospective adventurers can come over and have a seat and I'll consider you for employment."

OOC: Any who come over can get the info that I've already posted above and ask any questions they have of him and go from there.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Verminar speaks to Xir and any others approaching the table. "At this time, all I can promise is an up front payment of 100 gp to destroy the one skeleton and to be on retainer for a few days and help me to figure out what to do about the portal. If further services are required or performed, further payment will be arranged to compensate you. This is the essence of my offer at this time."

Halford

First Post
Dair sniffs and wipes the remains of his lunch away with his sleeve. He weighs the wierd little dragons words, on the one hand he's not much cop against undead, on the other he can always make himself useful - if not welcome - and a sling to the noggin remains a sling to the noggin...

The Halfling stands and moves over to the group taking a seat.

"Dair Shadowcatch. Pick locks, find traps, sling, good at it." He says as always a fan of brevity. He gives the Pseudo Dragon a lazy salute.

Last edited:

Remove ads