Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

orsal

LEW Judge
Kona'i enters the Red Dragon and approaches the bar. He waits patiently for the bartender to come over, at which point he orders an ale. As he sits there nursing his drink, his rough appearance makes it clear that he's an adventurer, though new to these parts.

As Kona'i is waiting for the bartender, a barmaid realizes that he doesn't know why he's waiting. She approaches the newcomer and whispers, "Introduce yourself to Joe and to the crowd present. As soon as you do that, he'll serve you."

lukfugl

First Post
[sblock]
As Kona'i is waiting for the bartender, a barmaid realizes that he doesn't know why he's waiting. She approaches the newcomer and whispers, "Introduce yourself to Joe and to the crowd present. As soon as you do that, he'll serve you."

(OOC) I brought him in quietly to give the impression of a silent and reserved character. I'll go ahead and introduce him more fully now.
[/sblock]

Kona'i nods at the maid's advice and sighs. "Good evening, all. I am Kona'i, monk of the Farun Order. I wish you well." Turning to the barkeep he continues, "In addition to my ale, maybe you know of some work that need doing? I don't want to let my joints rust..."

Phoenix8008

First Post
The bartender, Joe, motions for Kona'i to step over to the bar. As the monk approaches, Joe slaps a piece of paper down on the bar. Reading the paper, Kona'i finds that it is an offer of employment by a being named Verminar. A small pouch of coins clinks as Joe sets it on the bar beside the paper. "If you want the job, here's your retainer fee. You can take it and the paper to the address listed on the bottom of the sheet after you've bought anything you want with the money. The employer at the hose will fill you in on any other details when you get there." Taking a towel off his shoulder, Joe returns to dusting his mugs and wiping the counter.

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i looks briefly at the note. He then hefts the bag of coins, and nods. "Thanks, Joe. I'll be going now." The monk collects the coins and note and heads out towards the shop.

Halford

First Post
The weary figure of the detective Rigabold Parr renters the tavern, and makes his way to the bar. A vivid blue purple bruise now mars his right cheek and his eye is puffy and swollen.

"A drink please Joe, something you have to serve in a metal flagon for preference. I need something to take my mind off things."

So saying he removes his grey wide brimmed hat and pulls out a cigar resting his forehead in his hand as he hunches over the bar soon surrounded by his own haze of smoke.

"This city will bethe death of me." He mutters darkly, downing the drink Joe brings him in one gulp and coughing as his eyes water.

OOC: Brought Rigabold back since Erf and Dair are off adventuring. I don't suppose anyone fancies running a gritty city adventure? Or just an adventure for that matter?

Voda Vosa

First Post
A handsome half elf opens the tavern door. The sun rays filters over his shoulder, masking his features. He takes a few steps inside, and everyone can see now the dirty face of the man. He is actually all covered with dirt, leaves, twigs and mud. A big serpent curls around the man's chest, hissing. "Hello there Joe, give me the usual." the half elf says before approaching to an empty table. He takes off his armor, and turn to see the tavern patrons.
"Fer the ones that were not here when I departed, my name is Ciprinus Leth'los." after the short statement, the half elf sits down.
His serpent crawls down from his armor and climb his master's leg to curl around his chest again.

garyh

First Post
The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens, and a large form is silhouetted by the light outside. When the newcomer walks in and closes the door behind him, the form is revealed to be that of a very muscular orc. His skin is a dark gray, his hair jet black, and his eyes a steel gray. He's dressed in well-made, but worn, clothes, and a well-cared for chain shirt. The hilt of a greatsword can be seen over his shoulder.

"Hello Joe," the orc says to the barkeep. "Sarn Irontusk. Useful with a sword. Goblin ale, please." Sarn then goes and takes a seat at an empty table. He's apparently already heard about how things work at the Red Dragon.

Errandir

First Post
A small elvish figure darts forward to catch the door as it closes after Sarn's entrance. He is clearly young, but moves with an agile grace despite the travel dust and sweat caking his well-worn boots and traveling clothes. He slips in, closing the door softly behind him, and makes his way unobtrusively up to the bar.

As he stands at the bar waiting for a drink, he shifts from one foot to another and casts his slanted green eyes continually over various parts of the room, clearly uncomfortable. He flexes his shoulders under the weight of a small pack and brushes back from his forehead a few wisps of amber hair that have escaped from the cabled braid running halfway down his back.

Finally taking an ale and nodding his thanks to the bartender, he makes his way to a chair as near the corner of the room as he can, and sits down with obvious gratitude, stowing his pack under his chair and unlacing his boots.

Walking Dad

First Post
A tall human wearing a chainshirt enters the tavern. He proudly wears the signs of a cleric of Hyrag. He seems a bit shy, unaccustomed to this as he speaks up: "Greetings ... Joe. Midias Sunchosen, cleric of Hyrag. A beer, please." Then he looks around and starts his walk to an uncrowded table.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus turns, to hear the greeting of the man "Come Midias, share this table with me, I could use some chatting, and you could certainly do as well, if my eyes are not misguided." the half elf encourages the cleric.

Remove ads