Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC: New thread for Mutant High, starting Issue 2.
Issue 1
OOC thread
Student Roll Call

[sblock=Current Active Students]
Eric Hassel (Quarterback), Played by Drothgery
Astrid Moore (Calypso), Played by Shayuri
Xi'an Chi Xan (Desert Ghost), Played by Shaggyspellsword
Miranda Del Flores (Llorona), Played by Relique du Madde
Temperance Ashley Smith (Temper), Played by Victim
Nicolas Asher (Alchemist), Played by Caros
Spike, Played by Fangor_The_Fierce
Introducing: Serena Weaver (Electrica), Played by Kirinke.

Supporting Cast:
The X-men, Played by Jemal
The bad-guys, Played by Jemal
Pyro/Shadowcat/Jubilee/Phase, Played by Jemal
[/sblock]

*Assembly*

The next day comes both too soon for some and not soon enough for others. By 10 AM everybody is gathered in the large auditorium as Professor Summers and the other teachers converse on stage for a few moments. You look around and are struck by the sheer number of students in the school.

As Summers approaches the podium, the crowd slowly and eventually quiets down, and he begins speaking.
"I'm sure you all know what happened yesterday, or at least you've heard rumours. Well right now, I'm going to set the record straight with the facts. From what we've managed to uncover, yesterday afternoon a child cyborg, probably part mutant, attacked the front doors of the school, attempting to gain access to and make off with Professor Xavier. We have come to suspect that this was a ruse to keep everyone busy while the real plan went off. Professors Xavier and Grey, along with most of our Psychicly empowered students, were incapacitated by a second mutant, and files were stolen from our main computer - Whether by this second mutant or someone else is currently Unknown."

He pauses and looks back at Storm for a moment, then returns to speaking. "Later in the evening a second attack was launched, by two known Mutants - Quicksilver and Nightcrawler. Their stated goal was to kidnap one of our students for unknown reasons. Thanks to quick thinking, quicker reactions, and a bit of skill, they were driven off. Since, we've discovered a few bits of information here and there. I've called in some old friends who will be helping us track down those responsible and stop them. In the meantime, we'll have only a few teachers, so classes will be merged, and I want you all to stay on the grounds, and don't go anywhere alone. We don't know when or if these guys will return, but we're taking every precaution we can to keep you safe." Once he's finished, he steps aside for Ororo Munroe (Storm).

"With most of the psychic's and the backup team out, I've taken the liberty of reopening recruitment for the 'young x-men' initiative. If you'd like to sign up, please stay around after the assembly. Otherwise, you're free to do as you wish, Classes will resume tommorow at the usual time. If your class has been merged with another, there will be a notice on the classroom door telling you where to go."

Professor Summers then returns to the podium one last time "Finally, I'd like to thank those of you who helped yesterday, both on the lawn and in the danger room. WHEN Professor Xavier wakes up, I've no doubt he'll be proud of how corageous and resourceful his students have been."

With that, the assembly ends and students start trickling out, until there are a couple dozen of you left. Of those some of you know personally - Phase, Pyro, Jubilee, and Shadowcat are present.

[sblock=ooc]
Fangor, I need a Stealth check for Spike

Everyone else, Here's your chance to decide whether you want to be in on the offense, or stay at home and get sucked into whatever happens to go down at the school. :D.
Keep in mind that you ALL have a lot of potential (The avg student here is around PL5 max), but the lifestyle of an x-man may not suit you.
Also don't be worried, there WILL be storylines for all, regardless of whether you join the X-men or decide to continue with the school.

I'm assuming that Temper and Eric, who are allready members of the Young X-men team, will be sticking around. It'd probably be advisable to keep Alchemist around too, if you can, as it'd be easier to 'guard' him while he's with you. ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The moment students began to file out of the room, Miranda glanced up towards the clock then began to laugh. "If only Mr. Summers knew proper metaphoric symbolism and timing he would have began this assembly an hour and a forty-five minutes or so later. Oh well..." Brushing back her hair, Miranda smirked as she flouted off the bleacher and waited until the room was almost empty before heading towards the podium.

"Mr. Summers, I do hope that you, Ms. Monroe, and the others teachers are making the right decision, considering the reservations you guys had about allowing certain students who are in this room into a squad." Miranda glanced around the room at the other students then gave Pyro a look characterized by a wry yet satisfied smile, "This new atmosphere of acceptance is sort of humbling... It sort of makes me feel like how I felt on my first audition..." She landed with a large grin on her face. "So um... where do I sign?"

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
A girl came up. She was a light-skinned, beautiful girl, 5ft 6inches tall with a slender, graceful build and had vibrant green eyes. Her shoulder length black hair was pinned back with an ornate barete. She was dressed in a purple shirt and dark jeans. She in fact didn't look like someone who could handle herself in a fight at first glance, unless you saw how she carried herself and how alert she seemed under the bright eagerness of a teenager.

"Hi, guess I missed the excitment yesterday. I just came in today. Sounds serious, I think I'd like to help," she said, putting down her name. For those close enough, you saw next to power-type she put in electrical and nodded to the students next to her. "Name's Serena Weaver, most folks call me Sparky or Sparks for short. Code name is Electrica. Lame I know, but my little brother gave me the moniker, so I kinda had to take it." she rolled her eyes and grinned in a friendly, yet self-depreciating way.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Calypso squirms in her seat when Miranda goes up to volunteer. She really wanted to do it...but the fight in the Danger Room keeps coming back to her. Unlike Miranda, she was vulnerable. Without water to block attacks with she was just flesh and blood. If the Danger Room proved anything it was that she couldn't count on people attacking next to ponds or lakes or rivers.

She just wasn't X-Man material. She had to accept that.

With these disheartening thoughts in her head, Calypso stands up...and hesitates. Finally, after waffling, she takes a step towards the sign-up. Then another. Despite all the reasons not to try to join, she finds herself slowly walking to do just that.

drothgery

First Post
Eric waited to see who else was volunteering for this crazy idea of Cyc's. For himself, he didn't think he had much choice in the matter; he was always better on offense than defense, and he thought if this was going to work at all, his friends and fellow students were likely to need the extra power-up he could provide.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda watched Astrid in silence for a moment before walking towards her friend. "Believe me, I know what you're thinking. Last night just plain sucked, sure I was able to score a few lucky hits, but when Nightcrawler and Quicksilver realized I can't hurt them, and that they couldn't hurt me they basically decided to ignore me continue on their assault on you guys." She frowned for a moment and smiled. "Let's face it, we are the mutant equivalent of being a B-Lister; meaning we have limitations on what we can do, and we have to overcome them... Pyro needs fire, you need water, and I can only really affect things that are living and are not that healthy. If they send healthy athletic mutants, robots or sentinels armed with electrified nets or tasers or are able to shoot lightning, " she motioned towards Serena, "... like Sparky over there, I'm pretty much screwed."

"Luckily for you, your reliance on water isn't that much of a problem considering that this is the year 2008 and most civilized areas do have plumbing. Hell, I really doubt that someone who has a cyborg lackey would want to live anywhere without modern conveniences. Even if they didn't, I'm pretty sure that would have a well or water tower or something nearby..." Miranda began to laugh, "Of course, if the only near by source of water is a septic tank, I just hope that you will give me a heads up before you start shooting sewage blasts at people."

After a moment, Miranda glanced over towards Eric and grinned. Better ask now then never.. "Hey Eric, I know that Cykes is not forming a Xaivier Institute football team (cause that would be brutal), which means he didn't recruit you for that reason. So tell me, how long ya did ya known you were a mutant?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Astrid shrugs, not even the sewage quip getting through her gloom entirely, though she seems a bit less down.

"It's just...Pyro can take that tiny lighter and blow up a car. So it's not so bad for him. Getting water out of pipes and stuff isn't easy...even if I am strong enough to do it, and I'm not sure I am, while I'm doing that, we could get the stuffing beat out of us."

She nods then. "Still...I'm gonna sign up. I won't be surprised if they don't actually use me much, but at least I'll sign up."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an walks up behind Astrid as she is talking to Miranda.

"Of course we'll get the stuffing beat out of us from time to time...but that's why I think I'm gonna sign up too...so I can put the stuffing back in from time to time."

Xi'an looks over at Kitty

"What do you say Kitty, we all gonna be young X-men?"

Caros

First Post
Alchemist had spent most of the assembly fidgeting. For those who knew him, most notably Phase, it was a bad sign. It meant he was up to something.

He'd dressed demurely for the first time in years, forgoing his usual brilliant colors to a more sombre outfit of black and white. He absently picked at his dress shirt even as fingers rolled along the bleachers, warping and restoring the wood, his arm thankfully out of the sling due to Xi'an's minstrations.

When it was finally over he laughed, just a quick bark of amusement, so inapropriate it might earn him glares from his fellow students. He couldn't help himself though, things falling into place far better than he might ever have imagined.

Like many, he lingered about after the fact, taking stock of who was willing to join this new team. At the same time, he waved Phase in his direction. "I've got an idea... but I'm gonna need your help with it." He paused, a wicked grin passing over his features. "You've got a good line on most of the students, I need you to get as many of the 'young x-men' gathered up somewhere with no teachers. Can you manage that?"

Smoothly, he walked past his friend, eyes turned towards Professor Summers now, voice rising above the clammer surrounding him. "So this is your idea of a body guard?! Couple of students weaker than I am to take on some badass Alphas? Brilliant, what're you going to do next? Send the young X-men up against Magneto for a laugh."

He continued, unabated, barely pausing to breath as he got up quite litterally in the professer's face, looking at once both angry and terrified. "Professor said I'd be safe here, but I'm thinking maybe I'd be safer on the road." Once again he paused, making a point of looking among the students who were injured in his defence. "Definately be safer for them. I'm out. You can keep your goons."

Remove ads