Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

drothgery

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
After a moment, Miranda glanced over towards Eric and grinned. Better ask now then never.. "Hey Eric, I know that Cykes is not forming a Xaivier Institute football team (cause that would be brutal), which means he didn't recruit you for that reason. So tell me, how long ya did ya known you were a mutant?"

"A little over nine months now. You know paranoid they are about drug tests even in high school sports these days? I got hit with a random screen just before the state finals. I didn't come up positive for steroids, but it was clear as day that I was a mutant. Which meant I didn't play in the finals. And that meant we lost by three touchdowns. I couldn't even watch from the sideline." Eric said.

Astrid said:
Astrid shrugs, not even the sewage quip getting through her gloom entirely, though she seems a bit less down.

"It's just...Pyro can take that tiny lighter and blow up a car. So it's not so bad for him. Getting water out of pipes and stuff isn't easy...even if I am strong enough to do it, and I'm not sure I am, while I'm doing that, we could get the stuffing beat out of us."

She nods then. "Still...I'm gonna sign up. I won't be surprised if they don't actually use me much, but at least I'll sign up."

"Heck, I can't do all that much on my own, and I have a sinking feeling Prof. Summers is going to put me in charge of this 'young X-men' bunch..." Eric says.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[Assembly Room: A bunch of snippet responses]

Miranda smiled at Astrid, "Yeah, but blowing up cars using lighters isn't that difficult to begin with." This was a bold lie considering that she already knew that Myth Busters disproved that specific action movie based myth.

She grinned at Xian's comments then began to laugh. "Even in real life I'm stuck in a spin off.."

She frowned as Eric retold what happened with him. "I remember hearing that you guys went to the big show but I always wondered why you were never mentioned in the news reports. But man... god that sucks... I can't imagine how you must have felt... "

About then, after wading through a sea of conversation did she hear Nicholas's statement, and was angered. Without thinking Miranda closed the gap between herself and Alchemist and stood in his face. "You arrogant BASTARD! We risked our lives for you! You out of everyone anyone should be humbled by the event's of last night. If It wasn't for me and Kitty everyone would have arrived almost a half a minute later." She slapped him. "So what if we aren't as powerful as you, Mr. I can turn farts turn to two ton metal columns, but at least we still went into battle and still kicked ass even though some of us didn't think we would be of any help... So if I were you I'd stop acting high, mighty, and so smug because as far as the world is concerned you are just another mutie freak who can be taken out while you're asleep or unprepared!"

She turned to stop off then glanced at him over her shoulder, her gaze was cold and furious. "Besides, I'd rather face our enemies up front and on our own terms then allow them to come back and catch us with our pants down. So if you want to run like a coward, be my guest... cuz I'm not coming after you."

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
"Does every week start with a briefing like this?" Temper asks nearby students, evaluating the assembly. Not too much information for the duration and set up time. They didn't mention ideology though.

After Alchemist's outburst, she quickly adds, "What are Alphas?" Sounds like a classification system. So does badass Alpha mean that all alphas are badass, or that those individuals were particularly dangerous members of that category.

kirinke

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Miranda watched Astrid in silence for a moment before walking towards her friend. "Believe me, I know what you're thinking. Last night just plain sucked, sure I was able to score a few lucky hits, but when Nightcrawler and Quicksilver realized I can't hurt them, and that they couldn't hurt me they basically decided to ignore me continue on their assault on you guys." She frowned for a moment and smiled. "Let's face it, we are the mutant equivalent of being a B-Lister; meaning we have limitations on what we can do, and we have to overcome them... Pyro needs fire, you need water, and I can only really affect things that are living and are not that healthy. If they send healthy athletic mutants, robots or sentinels armed with electrified nets or tasers or are able to shoot lightning, " she motioned towards Serena, "... like Sparky over there, I'm pretty much screwed."

"Luckily for you, your reliance on water isn't that much of a problem considering that this is the year 2008 and most civilized areas do have plumbing. Hell, I really doubt that someone who has a cyborg lackey would want to live anywhere without modern conveniences. Even if they didn't, I'm pretty sure that would have a well or water tower or something nearby..." Miranda began to laugh, "Of course, if the only near by source of water is a septic tank, I just hope that you will give me a heads up before you start shooting sewage blasts at people."

After a moment, Miranda glanced over towards Eric and grinned. Better ask now then never.. "Hey Eric, I know that Cykes is not forming a Xaivier Institute football team (cause that would be brutal), which means he didn't recruit you for that reason. So tell me, how long ya did ya known you were a mutant?"

Sparky grinned at Miranda. "Well, if they do send mechanical robots at us, it won't be much of a problem. I can take em over." she said, raising her finger and electricity sparkled over it as she winked. "And besides, electricity tends to hurt. Alot,"

It faded, as she moved over to join the others and listened into Alchemist's little speech and Miranda's outburst.

"You know, there's always gonna be somethin bigger, meaner and badder than you out there boy. Just because you're powerful, doesn't mean you can take on the world, because sooner or later, you'll get your throat slit if you go it alone, either that or wind up on a disecting table as some mad-scientist's experiment." she sneered, unimpressed with the arrogant boy's speech. "Who care's if you're an Alpha or a beta or a Zeta. Alone, you are weak and easily taken down."

drothgery

First Post
Victim said:
"Does every week start with a briefing like this?" Temper asks nearby students, evaluating the assembly. Not too much information for the duration and set up time. They didn't mention ideology though.

"No." Eric says. "But despite what you might think from the news, this place doesn't get shot up more than once or twice a year. I think this is the first time since I've been here."

Victim

First Post
drothgery said:
"No." Eric says. "But despite what you might think from the news, this place doesn't get shot up more than once or twice a year. I think this is the first time since I've been here."

She shrugs. "I'm not especially bothered by it. I'd just like to know more about what's going and the way things normally work here."

Temper stands up, asking loudly: "Mister Summers, what files were stolen? If files about any of us were taken, we should be informed. Moreover, since your information security seems to be somewhat lacking, I'd like to review all your records about me and restrict the data you record."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda glanced over towards Temper. Wow.. thats presumptuous. She actually thinks she is smarter and more brilliant then the schools top minds. "I'm willing to bet that the school's security was breached because they either have a telepathic mutant working with them who was able to actually *STEAL* the security protocols from our teachers own thoughts or they have someone that is able to 'talk' to the computers directly and seduce it out of them. That or they Professor X's password is something stupid that someone could guess like the name of an old girlfriend who broke his heart..."

kirinke

First Post
"Hey, can't help with the telepathy, but if there is a mutant out there fiddling with the computers, I might be able to ferret him or her out." she grinned. "I have alot of control over machines, it's not perfect, but I should be able to sweet-talk the info out of them at least," she grinned at Miranda, confirming that there really was at least one mutant who could do exactly that. Talk to machines. "I dunno about stealing info out of folks minds though. You'd think with being surrounded by telepaths and such, they'd have defenses against that." she looked thoughtful. "My guess is that they were able to hack the computers, either through mutant ability or simple superior programming knowledge."

"It's not as easy as it sounds though. Computers are very literal minded, even if you can talk a mental walk in their innards." she shrugged. "Sounds like it was really well planned though and that takes both smarts and time, not to mention people, which leaves trails. I don't know how to follow em, but I betcha that our teachers do."

"So what is it with Mr. I'm too powerful for my britches there?" she said, pointing to Alchemist.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Astrid shrugs. "I'm going to go sign up," she says to Miranda and 'Sparky.'

"I think people are just upset..."

She makes her way up to the sign in book, and very pointedly writes her name in it, though she doesn't say anything to...or even look at...Alchemist or Temper.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda shrugged at Serena, "Probably what Calypso, Astrid, said.. See, Alchemist was one of the main targets of the last nights attack. quicksilver and Nightcrawler wanted to kidnap him and make him into a love slave or something."

Remove ads