Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

kirinke

First Post
"Huh. No wonder he's scared," she chuckled and sobered as she turned to Mr. Summers. "Listen Prof, if there aren't any faculty or students well enough to take a look at the computers, I'd be willing to give it a go, while they do other stuff. You know I'm good enough to not spill anything and I'm also good enough to have a fair chance of tracking down whoever did steal the information. Right now we need the info and I can track em through cyberspace."

Victim

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Miranda glanced over towards Temper. Wow.. thats presumptuous. She actually thinks she is smarter and more brilliant then the schools top minds. "I'm willing to bet that the school's security was breached because they either have a telepathic mutant working with them who was able to actually *STEAL* the security protocols from our teachers own thoughts or they have someone that is able to 'talk' to the computers directly and seduce it out of them. That or they Professor X's password is something stupid that someone could guess like the name of an old girlfriend who broke his heart..."

"And I'm sure that there are a number of other ways security could be breached. If you don't want someone else reading something, don't write it down," she replies.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda extended her hand. "I'm Miranda, you might remember me from such shows as High Break High and...." She paused then laughed. "Well who cares? You could call me Llorona." She grinned.

She nodded towards Temper. "True. but I think there is a deeper issue as to why Proffessor X would keep that type of info.. something that the teachers don't want to admit to. Like, I don't know, maybe its a built in preventative safety feature to insure that we don't decide to go on a sociopathic killing spree." She frowned.

kirinke

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Miranda extended her hand. "I'm Miranda, you might remember me from such shows as High Break High and...." She paused then laughed. "Well who cares? You could call me Llorona." She grinned.

She nodded towards Temper. "True. but I think there is a deeper issue as to why Proffessor X would keep that type of info.. something that the teachers don't want to admit to. Like, I don't know, maybe its a built in preventative safety feature to insure that we don't decide to go on a sociopathic killing spree." She frowned.

Sparky shook it. "Hiya then. Call me Sparky. Most do." she shrugged. "Crazy folk would do it anyway, leastways from what I've read, they don't really care about being caught. My guess is if some of us do go rogue or we loose control of our powers an start tearing up the place or people, the information is there so we can be dealt with quickly, safely and non-lethally." it made sense in a way.

"See thing is with that logic Temper is it?, nothing would ever be learned. I'd prefer it written down. I mean if somehow I was forced to do something not-so-pleasant to innocent folk, I'd want to be stopped quickly without the loss of my life." she said by way of example. "If it weren't written down, then they'd have to go lethal on me. And I like breathing thank you very much."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Relique du Madde said:

"She's also the reason why I wasn't the most famous kid in the school back home. Something which I never thanked her for." Eric added.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
She pondered Serena's about comment for a moment then began to laugh at Eric's response. "Eric, thats true *only* if you count the the students where were enrolled at your school while we were filming." She glanced down for a moment as she tried to figure out her ranking among all the actors and actresses who worked on the show. If anything, Miranda was certain that she would have been in the top five; however, her rank might have slipped considerably during the last year or so. "If you count everyone that worked on the show, then Jon Stamos would have been the most famous person there since he kept hanging out on campus when we weren't filming during those three weeks he was on the show... (What was up with that?)"

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
**OOC: AAH, 26 posts and a lot of stuff going on to respond to.. Brain asplode time!!**

IC: The look on Scott Summers face was an intricate combination of Anger and hurt.. After all, this was one of the students he'd taught, helped, protected - Turning on him. He moved forward, as if to chase after Alchemist, but was stopped by Orroro, who shook her head and whispered something to him. (Anyone close enough and paying attention hears "You must leave him, we need to look after the rest of the students. The sting to his pride will fade in time, as will yours.")
With a steadying deep breath and a shake of his head, Summers lets Alchemist go and turns to address the questions.

"The truth is, ALL of our files were copied, and I don't know how they did it. - we've had experts from SHIELD themselves check our security, and they were unable to hack it. Cerebro, our computer system, is a very advanced, very LOYAL Artificial Intelligence System. We have files on all known mutants in there, and it's SUPPOSED to be accessable only by myself, and Professors Gray, McCoy, and Xavier. A technopath would have to be extremely powerful to get in, especially without triggering any of our backup security. They couldn't have just stolen the password, it requires retinal and verbal identification. And as for reviewing our records or restricting our data.. you can ask Professor X about that when he wakes up, but until then the answer's no."

*Other responses*
Phase is near Temper and responds to some of her comments "Alphas are one of the highest levels of mutant, those with the most power, control, and potential. Theres varying degrees, but they're generally considered the "A-list". Only thing above them is the Omegas, which are very rare. Omegas are mutants whos power could potentially be unlimited in their area, such as Iceman's an "Ice Omega" and Jean grey being a "Psychic Omega". Even though she's not as powerful as Professor X she could do anything related to psychic powers with enough traning. Heh, guess you're new here, eh? This is all basics in Mutant Theory class. Oh, name's Derek by the way."

Pyro was allready on the other side of the auditorium signing up when the outburst around Alchemist happened - Which was probably a good thing, because when Calypso signed her name down, he was still standing there, lighter in hand and a very angry look on his face, looking at the door Alchemist had left by. "Self-righteous, Arrogant, stupid, full-of himself, Arrogant... UURGH" He left off with a frustrated growl and started heading for the door.

*Outside in the hallway, Once Alchemist is alone, a very stern faced Kitty Pryde steps through the wall to stand in front of him "Nicholas Asher, if you don't give me a damn good reason for that stunt you just pulled, I'll be the second girl to slap you today. And I won't be as gentle as the soap star." She looks down the hallway, hearing footsteps, and before Nic can respond, she grabs his arm and phases them into the basement "Now, please tell me that was a show and you haven't really become the Jerk certain people keep trying to warn me away from." She stood there, arms crossed and biting her lower lip as she awaited a response.

*Out in the wilderness*
Spike had managed to keep up to Wolverine for most of the night, though fatigue was catching up with him and he was having trouble seeing in the dark. Finally he turned past a tree and felt, more than heard, the thing land behind him. Powerful arms grabbed him, pulling him in and sharp claws appeared in front of his face.
"If I were a badguy you'd be dead. Thought I told ya to stay home." Wolverine let him go then, glancing down at his arm where your spines had pierced, watching it heal. "Not a bad job of tracking me this far, though.."

[sblock=OOC] OK, I know there's a lot of interaction going on between people, but b/c some of you continued on after the scene, I have to as well, thus the 'scene' with Alchemist is finished, and he's left the Auditorium.

Also fangor, I realize you do have a lot of senses that should've warned you about it, but.. he's Wolverine. :p[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
kirinke said:
"See thing is with that logic Temper is it?, nothing would ever be learned. I'd prefer it written down. I mean if somehow I was forced to do something not-so-pleasant to innocent folk, I'd want to be stopped quickly without the loss of my life." she said by way of example. "If it weren't written down, then they'd have to go lethal on me. And I like breathing thank you very much."

"That takes my argument to a rather impractical extreme. Besides, learning from observation and reasoning is typically more effective than studying things that someone else recorded," she replies to Serena. "Also, I don't accept a binary lethal/non-lethal distinction. There are more and less lethal weapons and engagement strategies, but 'non lethal' attacks like tasers, rubber bullets, a blow to the back of the head, etc can all kill. Interesting attitude, though."

--

"SHIELD?! Here?" Temper shouts in surprise. She recovers quickly and narrows her eyes. "I wasn't informed that you had any dealings like that," she comments, reevaluating her decision to attend the Institute. And it never occured to you that they weren't employing their full capabilities at the moment?!

She turns back to the helpful student, "Sorry, Derek. I'm Temper." She offers a hand. "That's correct; I am new. Mutant specific jargon or slang, organizations, and such are a bit beyond me right now," she admits. But not for long. "What exactly does 'potentially unlimited mean though? Do you mean in scope or do those powers function as a Irresistable Force? And don't you feel that a categorization system like that can serve as a bad influence..." she adds, with a gesture towards the door where Alchemist departed.

Jemal

Adventurer
Derek shrugs "Potentially Unlimited means that as far as anyone can tell, they could do anything relating to their mutation. Mutant powers have limits, just like normal people. You can push thoser limits, but without some superhuman aid a person can't pick up a house no matter how much they train their muscles. It's the same with Mutant powers... Someone who can control fire, like Pyro, can only control so much, no matter how much he practices. If he had the potential to control an unlimited supply of fire, he'd be Omega. Jean Grey has the ability to do anything with her mind, beyond even the potential of Xavier, who's considered one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Between all the others.. Kappa, beta, Alpha... you can upgrade with training, but Omegas are born, just like a Human doesn't becom a mutant, a Mutant doesn't "become" an Omega. It's allready in his or her genetic code."

And don't you feel that a categorization system like that can serve as a bad influence..." she adds, with a gesture towards the door where Alchemist departed.

" Did you have a problem with the kids who did well in school and got A's? Or those who excelled in sports? Not much different if you think about it, most of our life is lived being categorized by someone else. Grades, Ranks, Job titles, 'mutant power designations', it's all the same, only thing that really matters is what WE do with our skills, and how we respond to how we're rated.. we can accept it, we can try to better ourselves, or we can become full of ourselves like SOME people.
And what's your problem with SHIELD? I hear Professor X is good friends with one of their higher ups, Nick Fury. "

kirinke

First Post
Victim said:
"That takes my argument to a rather impractical extreme. Besides, learning from observation and reasoning is typically more effective than studying things that someone else recorded," she replies to Serena. "Also, I don't accept a binary lethal/non-lethal distinction. There are more and less lethal weapons and engagement strategies, but 'non lethal' attacks like tasers, rubber bullets, a blow to the back of the head, etc can all kill. Interesting attitude, though."

--

"SHIELD?! Here?" Temper shouts in surprise. She recovers quickly and narrows her eyes. "I wasn't informed that you had any dealings like that," she comments, reevaluating her decision to attend the Institute. And it never occured to you that they weren't employing their full capabilities at the moment?!

She turns back to the helpful student, "Sorry, Derek. I'm Temper." She offers a hand. "That's correct; I am new. Mutant specific jargon or slang, organizations, and such are a bit beyond me right now," she admits. But not for long. "What exactly does 'potentially unlimited mean though? Do you mean in scope or do those powers function as a Irresistable Force? And don't you feel that a categorization system like that can serve as a bad influence..." she adds, with a gesture towards the door where Alchemist departed.

"Parents are marines," Sparky explained offhandedly.

Remove ads