Dragon 366 - Wish Upon A Star

Vael

Legend
Some nice stuff. A few errors, there's a spell that is an Intelligence attack.

Also, Twofold Pact? Tiefling only, which I'm not crazy about, but in general concept it seems too strong a feat.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Some nice stuff. A few errors, there's a spell that is an Intelligence attack.
There's a couple. Not sure if it's an error.

Also, Twofold Pact? Tiefling only, which I'm not crazy about, but in general concept it seems too strong a feat.
Yes. Much too strong for a feat, and ZOMG BORKENZ in the hands of a Cha-based Paladin who dipped into Warlock. Seriously, a free At-Will? Guys, the entire Human race just ran out of the room crying.

Cheers, -- N

Hawke

Explorer
Yeah, what's with the Tiefling only stuff? I expected one thing but it seems the entire tier is tiefling centric. That seems a bit odd...

I really really love the idea of warlocks trading something for their powers. The feat that allows you to take damage to regain a missed encounter is VERY cool. I can't imagine a warlock I'd create w/o that feat at some point. I'd love to see some more articles like this - it's a really good sell for Dragon.

Kez Darksun

First Post
I'd been looking forward to this article since its announcement, and for the most part it doesn't disappoint. I'd have preferred racial feats for the class to be left out of that particular article entirely and combined with more feats for other races that have Warlock as one of their recommended classes.

Really interesting. A few things I wonder if they won't be changed before the PDF compilation, since they seem worded a bit strange compared to other stuff (namely some powers).

What I really like about the article is the moon with eyes and tentacles. That's awesome!

And the Epic Destiny is also pretty cool - not your 15 minutes of fame - you are a star for the rest of eternity! ;) And I love the flavor of the Starflesh Utility. ;)

vazanar

First Post
At first I was disapointed it wasn't the Scales Player primer. However, this is a great add on. The warlock pacts were neat, but split between three types, needed a little more to them. I like the additions this brings.

The star pact is the hardest stat wise for a warlock (save maybe a half elf) but that tiefling feat does seems a little overboard. Seems their racial feats should be only related to the infernal pact.

Is it just me, but did they add charisma-based powers for every level of a previously constitution-based pact?

Anyways I like the options, it fits in more with my ideas on what a star-pact warlock would have been like. Brings out a lot more with the Alienist, which is a concept that I've always liked. And I feel that the powers that do use sacrifices from the party, are actually more interesting compared to what I've seen of the Dark Pact.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hrm, wonder why the following two feats need to be specific:

Bael Turath Born. Why couldn't you just say like Demon Lord Born and have it available for ALL classes?

Student of the Athanaeum. If this is balanced for Warlock, shouldn't it also be balanced for every other class as well? Student of the Legendary Warlord. Student of the Bastard Rogue. Etc. Couldn't [should?] each class have their own equivalent for this feat?

Kez Darksun

First Post
Hrm, wonder why the following two feats need to be specific:

Bael Turath Born. Why couldn't you just say like Demon Lord Born and have it available for ALL classes?

Student of the Athanaeum. If this is balanced for Warlock, shouldn't it also be balanced for every other class as well? Student of the Legendary Warlord. Student of the Bastard Rogue. Etc. Couldn't [should?] each class have their own equivalent for this feat?

As to the first feat, because Tieflings already have Fire Resistance and Bael Turath Born is just adding to the existing Fire Resistance, not granting it. That would be my guess. As to the second, I'd expect to see similar feats either in the FRPG or the Martial Powers sourcebook, most likely in the latter.

Remove ads