eDragon: Starlock feats and powers

Jack99

Adventurer
New feats and powers for the starlock are up on running.

Link

Lots of crunch for sure. But I am too drunk to evaluate if all the powers are balanced. My gut says no though :), all bow to the inevitable power creep. ;)

Xris Robin

First Post
I don't know about balanced, but it looks pretty neat. New Starlock Paragon Path, and a Epic Destiny. I hope the other pacts get articles like this. (Maybe some other classes, too.)

Xris Robin

First Post
I'm against that feat, not because of balance, but because of it's requirements of Tiefling and Warlock. I can accept a Racial feat, and I can accept a Class feat... I cannot accept a Racial Class feat.

I'm against that feat, not because of balance, but because of it's requirements of Tiefling and Warlock. I can accept a Racial feat, and I can accept a Class feat... I cannot accept a Racial Class feat.
I'm not actually sure why Twofold Pact has a racial requirement; there's nothing inherently "Tiefling" about the feat.

What concerns me is that it grants an additional At-Will (only to Paragon-level Tiefling Warlocks, RAW). Is there a precedent for this?

Stalker0

Legend
So with that student of Caiphon feat, does it have to be a power that targets multiple creatures, or just one? If its one, that's hokey overpowered. For a bit of damage which is easily fixed, I gain reliable on all of my powers.

So with that student of Caiphon feat, does it have to be a power that targets multiple creatures, or just one? If its one, that's hokey overpowered. For a bit of damage which is easily fixed, I gain reliable on all of my powers.
The more about this I read on the CO boards, the more I expect (/hope) for a nerf at the end of the month, Stalk.

Goumindong

First Post

E.H. When you realize just how much damage you are doing, it seems a bit more reasonable. A full attack from a high level solo isn't expected to break 27 DPR. And this will give you 27, 23, 11, or 17 pretty easily if you miss.

Now, at level 1-7 its pretty darn good. But don't expect to be using it a lot at higher levels. That and, warlocks have terrible DPR anyway, so boosting that isn't exactly something to worry about.

The Real Problem is twofold Pact:

Or, Every warlock has to be a tiefling because ha, ha, screw all you other guys.

Even if you want to be an infernal warlock primary. Star Pact is too good to give up if you can get it as a feat. You aren't likely to use all of your temp hit points between any given enemy going down so instead you pick up +2 to attack or more(if multiple enemies go down, you can pick up the temp hit points and then +2 to attack from all the rest!).

Add in the fact that you get an extra at will AND you get to use the bonus abilities of powers from both pact, and its just ridiculous.

Last edited:

bganon

Explorer

I didn't read it as requiring multiple targets, but I can see how it could be interpreted that way. But even if it works with only single-target attacks, you don't get reliable on all powers, just encounter attack powers. And "reliable" on an encounter power is worth less than on a daily, since an encounter power would recharge in 5 minutes or so anyway.

What's most interesting to me is that this is a feat that's MUCH better at low levels than at high levels. At first level it seems like a no-brainer (refresh my only encounter power for 1hp? yes!), but I think by epic levels you'll probably want to retrain it to another feat.

As for power creep in the powers themselves... I'm playing a starlock currently, actually, and while I only looked at low levels I didn't actually see -any- powers that I'd take over the ones in the PH.

Goumindong

First Post
Either way, the warlock could use some power creep, its pretty terrible.

Oh, and the real problem with the sacrifice of Caiphon is that any class can MC into warlock and pick it up. So if you aren't planning on multiclassing into something other than a warlock, the sacrifice of Caiphon is probably good enough for someone to spend two feats for to pick up to use on their encounter attack powers.

Remove ads