• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

eDragon: Starlock feats and powers

Xris Robin

First Post
You can also multiclass into Warlock and take Twofold Pact as a Tiefling. And it gives an At-Will and pact boon, which the MC feat does not.

Which means for your MC pact, choose the one you don't really want that much (but not want least) and then take Twofold Pact and pick the Pact you really wanted all along. And which you've been picking powers from all along, since the MC feat doesn't restrict that.

A Tiefling Paladin (Cha-based) for instance, could take either Infernal (For Fire bonus from Tielfing) or Fey (For Cha to go with Paladin) as your MultiClass Pact. Then take Twofold and pick Star (For Radiant, which flavors well with Paladin's radiants). Or you could reverse Star and Fey, but the point still stands.

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
Looking at the Epic Destiny...

What the heck is radiant fire damage? Does he mean Radiant & Fire damage?

Cool destiny though. And the Paragon Path kicks the butt of the warlocks other PPs.

Stalker0

Legend
So with that student of Caiphon feat, does it have to be a power that targets multiple creatures, or just one? If its one, that's hokey overpowered. For a bit of damage which is easily fixed, I gain reliable on all of my powers.

Recidivism

First Post
Student to Caiphon question: If I'm a Dragonborn, what level does my breath encounter power count as? Twofold Pact is a no-brainer for a Tiefling Warlock of non-Star Pact. This thing needs to drop the racial restriction and add a Star Pact only restriction. For Starlocks this is a new at-will and an occasionally useful teleport or temporary HP. For Infernal and Feylocks this is a new at-will and a several-times-per-encounter boost to hit rolls.

CSK

First Post
If they remove the racial restriction entirely, then there will be human warlocks running around with 4 at-wills, twice as many as most other characters. That doesn't seem fair.

Xris Robin

First Post
Unless it's a level 30 power, because then you take 30 damage. But yes, very broken, especially at say, level 1.

And HOLY.. oh jeez, Twofold is even more broken. It says "You gain the at-will and pact boon of both pacts." So when multiclassing, that looks like it would give you two extra at-wills... the Twofold one, and the Pact Initate one. And both pact boons. That can't be right, it's bad enough if it just gave you one.

If they remove the racial restriction entirely, then there will be human warlocks running around with 4 at-wills, twice as many as most other characters. That doesn't seem fair.
Maybe they should remove both the racial restriction and the At-Will powers. :D

Recidivism

First Post

I don't see a problem with this, considering that the Warlock doesn't get to choose either of his at-will powers.

And either way, even a human character only gets one standard, move, and minor action. Dire Radiance is the weakest of the three pact powers IMO, and a human who can effectively use both Eyebite and Hellish Rebuke is in MAD territory.

Center-of-All

First Post
So with that student of Caiphon feat, does it have to be a power that targets multiple creatures, or just one? If its one, that's hokey overpowered. For a bit of damage which is easily fixed, I gain reliable on all of my powers.

Was this the most extensively delayed double-post ever, or did you just have a brain fart?

DracoSuave

First Post
I don't think that Dire Radiance -is- the worst of the at-wills for Warlocks. It's the easiest extra damage to get, they just have to move closer. Many monsters out there have to close into melee to be effective, and even if they're closing into your melee and not you, you can use this to your advantage with about 5 seconds of thought and the shot of a spell.

But again, YMMV.

Remove ads