• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artist looking to do some fun sketches.

bobacus

First Post
sandra and dubya, here yah go. Hope you like it.

Frost,
I am working on yours now . I should have it tomorrow.

daesumnor,

go ahead and post your description. I will get to it asap.

Also anyone else who wants to, I can handle it. Just dont expect a fast turn around if this post gets up to a thousand posts. I will do everyone's but I will do them in order of post. So 1st come, 1st serve. :)

http://www.bobacus.com/sandra.jpg
http://www.bobacus.com/assasin.jpg

Last edited:

Dubya

Explorer
Bobacus

The link for the assassin pic doesn't seem to be working.

Dubya

I checked your wensite for the pic and it looks great. Thanks.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
The art work all looks great, and you deserve great praise for doing this!

I have a character that I would love to see drawn please.

Menghil is a dwarven pirate (barbarian/rogue) from a Sinbad inspired campaign.

Menghil is an unsavory looking character, with a decidedly wild look to him. His black beard travels far down his chest, but the top of his head is shaved clean. Much of his body is covered with bright tattoos, of geometric designs or stylized creatures. These markings are commonly visible, because Menghil rarely wears more than a pair of loose pants and a rope belt to hold them up. He goes shirtless and barefoot wherever he can get away with it.
He wields a heavy looking cutlass.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bobacus

First Post
sandra, glad you liked it.

hafrogman,

your guys sounds really cool to draw. Ill get it tomorrow for you.

frost, Here is yours, I hope you like it. I took a little artistic liscense on the tatoos, but I think Im close. ENJOY!

dwarf1.jpg

Lalato

Adventurer
Bobacus! I really like the stuff on your website. :)

Here's a character I just started playing in an Exalted Campaign...

Xiao Guan Jing
(roughly translated into Smiling Observer of the Wandering Whale)

Xiao Guan Jing is a Sidereal Exalted. Sidereals can be best described as Kung-Fu Agents that work for the Bureau of Fate. Basically, when fate isn't working out the way it's supposed to, Sidereal investigate and either kick butt as needed or resolve the fate issue in their own special way.

Anyway... here's a brief physical description... Xiao Guan Jing comes from the Northwest of creation. His people appear to be a mix of Viking and Eskimo. Blonde hair, blue eyes, dark complexion, slanted eyes. They are generally tall, but Xiao Guan Jing is of average height. His people are seafarers and fisherfolk... and his clothing generally reflects that. He often wears clothes that would not seem out of place on a seafaring vessel of the Northwest islands (loose fitting for mobility, but fringed with fur for warmth). You might call Xiao Guan Jing a Sailor on the Seas of Fate. :lol:

Thanks for offering up your services. If you ever decide to do commissions, please let us know. I've been known to pay for this type of service. ;)

--sam

frostrune

First Post
Whoooo Hoooo!!

Bobacus,

Thanks a million. The look on his face and the pose are just awesome!!!! The helm is even cooler than you know. Without laying too many story hour spoilers out there it looks very fierce and majestic ;) .

Much appreciated.

Frostrune

mps42

First Post
My turn

UNlike some of the others, I have a specific look / idea in mind. If you can't pull it off, thats fine.

Kalador Pald, Human Male Paladin.

Kalador is tall, maybe 5'10", and lean, maybe around 170#. He has short black hair which is graying at the temples.
If possible, I would LOVE a pic of him sitting on his warhorse, Feron. Both should be in armor.
Kal's is a sort-of Half-plate, with a half-breastplate covering basically the pectoral muscles only, pauldrons (shoulders), half-spaulders (upper arm) and vambraces (lower arms) all being etched plate. The lower half of the torso is covered in chainmail. Legs are same enameled and etched as breastplate. see attached pics for ideas on what I'm talking about.
The clincher for me would be if you could make both the horse and Kal look depressed and somehow make it look like it's raining.

Attachments

• half_plate_front.jpg
    half_plate_front.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 130
  • legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 124

bobacus

First Post
Hafrogman,

Here is your picture. I hope you like it. It was really fun to draw.

Lalato,

Your next, but I have a few questions.

Does your character's clothes look more like a ESKIMO or more viking/nordic in nature?
Does his clothes look more primitive or nicer?

mps42,

I like your idea, its pushing the line on what I'm willing to do for free. I view "scenes" as something I need to charge for (because of the more time and detail involved) If you want to email me and we can discuss costs thats fine. (dont worry im not expensive)

Everyone,

There are a few things I need to clear up cause I have gotten some emails recently.

-I do comissions. Email me at shafe31672@yahoo.com and we can discuss rates and such.
-One character at a time. If you have multiples. Please email me.
-I am doing character sketches and monster sketches for free. Things like scenes, more than 1 character, devices, ships, detailed backgrounds, etc. all can be negotiated. The free stuff is like what your gonna see in this post.
-You can email if you dont want to post your sketch idea. We can keep it private. I dont mind.
-I also do ink and color pictures. I will be posting an example here soon. Again these fall under comissions.
-Dont be scared to ask me. I promise to get to everyone. I will post if things get to hectic and cant finish your pic or are having problems.

I want to thank everyone who has participated and emailed me. You all have great ideas and I have had loads of fun doing them. KEEP EM' COMING!

cheers, Bobacus

dwrfprte.jpg

Remove ads