Artist looking to do some fun sketches.

edgarfriendly

First Post
is it too late to get in on this??

I have a character I would love to have some kind of action sketch of.

Deven Stormwake Half Drow Fighter/Theif

Deven began life as an emotionless mercenary from a very elite school of swordsmanship. Over the course of playing him for 12 years he has seen many terrible things and injustices. As a result, he has become more or less a champion for truth and justice, but has very strange methods of getting things done. Think Batman and Madmardigan rolled into one. He still wears his distinct light leather armor from his mercenary unit that resembles a double breasted coat but has metal plates made into the inside. Thanks to an unepected to the orient found himself using samurai weaponry. Other details are the thin scar running down the entire let side of his face and neck, the sash, and the second "special" katana that always stays strapped to his back.

Here is a sketch I did of him and his armour. I just can't draw motion worth a poo. So if you can do it for me that would be fantastic, also email me if you would with what a detailed color sketch would cost. Awsome work.
stormwake.jpg

I am intrigued. I don't have a character in mind, so much as a class I'd like to have an illustration for for my homebrew. The image:

A lithe and athletic figure holds a mask over his or her face with one hand, and carries a ready flanged mace in the other (the hand holding the mace should be prominent). The mask and clothing make the figure's sex uncertain. He or she should be standing in a partial crouch, a combat stance, and the illustration should be more horizontal than vertical. The mask should be reminiscent of the classic drama masks of comedy and tragedy, split in the middle with two different faces.

*grin*

I'm just trying to see how well you handle art direction.

Daesumnor

First Post
Well, okay, here goes.

My character is a lithe but toned Human, standing about 6"4' tall. He has long white hair (often worn in a low ponytail), and grey eyes, with a small white goatey. Karel (The bards name) is never without his master work lute by his side, his harmonica on his belt, or a cheeky smirk on his face. He wears lace-up boots that would ordinarily reach about his knees, but he has the tops folded down. He also wears light leather armour (which actually looks more like a modern day Biker jacket) which has scabbards for two knives built in - these are of course, occupied by stilettoes.

{Sorry for the poor description, I'm tired and wired right now}

XAD

First Post
Just wanted to thank Bobacus for the time he allowed to illustrate my Living Greyhawk main character.

I think he deserves the public thank you.

fencer.jpg

Keep going, Bobacus!

P.S. Long live Dullstrand!

bobacus

First Post
Damn Halo 2......

Sorry guys ive been a little preoccupied, Halo 2 came out so....

Edgarfriendly,

Here is your pic. I like drawing him. I will send a email on rates when I get a chance.

Rangerwickett and daesumnor,

Working on yours now as I write this. should have them tomorrow.

COLOR EXAMPLE PIC COMING TOMORROW TOO! I bet you guys thought my pencils were good. ;)

Keep the ideas coming, Ill keep drawing!

P.S. Thanks for the great post XAD

halfdrow.jpg

Daesumnor

First Post
XAD said:
Just wanted to thank Bobacus for the time he allowed to illustrate my Living Greyhawk main character.

I think he deserves the public thank you.

{Image Cut}

Keep going, Bobacus!

P.S. Long live Dullstrand!

Hear hear, and thanks for the speedy response Bobacus!

Can't wait to see the results!!! :D

D20Dazza

Explorer
G'day mate,

Love your work champion, great job. I thought I'd post my Eberron character, a multi classed whisper gnome (new sub-race from Races of Stone) soulknife (Expanded Psionics Handbook)/swashbuckler (Complete Warrior Core Class). As you can probably tell, I'd recently bought 3 new WoTC books and wanted to make some use of them ;-D>

So here goes, hope you find him interesing enough to have a bash at.

Nebadock Dracovan Hededink Pinabar Swiftwhisper Shadowfox Flashfoot Lil'bones Pillard

Neb sports a short tidy goatee and wears his long dark hair tied back. He recently lost his mother and is in mourning for another 3 years so consequently he is generally quiet and withdrawn and is subject to occassional bouts of depression. When not in mourning Dracovan is bright and full of fun and daring-do. He is a braggard full of bravado. He stands 3'7" and weighs 38lbs.

At the moment, while in mourning, Hededink wears his usual 'outfit' but in shades of black and grey. His 'usual' outfit is leather breeches stitched with various dyed leather patches. A tight fitting white shirt with blousy, slashed sleeves. A high-collared doublet of crimson with gold buttons carved in the shape of a dragon biting its own tail. High black leather boots embossed with a striking dragon motif. A deep midnight blue cape embroided with celtic dragon designs in silver and gold thread around the hem. Pinabar wears large gold rings in his ears and sports several cheap rings on his fingers. A wide black leather belt with a buckle matching the doublets buttons. he also wears a corsairs hat with a large blue feather (currently wears a black crowes feather).

Shadowfox tries to look the rakish rogue but his clothing is worn and has seen better days. One of the reasons he is adventuring is to be able to afford a new 'outfit'.

Most often Flashfoot uses his mindblade in combat. He also carries a gnome hooked hammer, a light x-bow and a sling belt slung low over his hips. When adventuring he carries a backpack with the usual adventuring equipment and wears black leather gloves.

For a bit of background. Lil'Bones grew up in Zilargo in a small, little known village called Kibosh. The gnomes of Kibosh enjoyed the solitude that the remoteness of their location afforded them, as did their village elder - Krystalmist. Krys, as the Kiboshians affectionately call her, is an ancient Gem Dragon that has lived below the Seawall Mountains for genereations as the gnomes measure time. Krys is a strange dragon. She genuinely enjoys the company of the shorter lived races. Like many of her kind, she is fascinated by the Prophecy of the Dragon (she is in fact a member of good standing in The Order) and uses her solitude (and gnome agents) to ponder and investigate the prophecies hidden mysteries.

Pallurd's mother died almost 2 years ago. Upon her death Neb left Kibosh in mourning, the memories in Kibosh to hurtful for him to stay. Dravovan, through Krys, had been filled with a thirst for kniowledge about the Prohecy. He promised to discover as much as he could and return to Krys with his knowledge.

Hededink made his way to Sharn where he worked odd jobs on one of the Skyship docks. Pinabar yearns to travel in one of the marvellous skyships.

Well that's Swiftwhisper in a nutshell. Again, I hope you find him interesting.

Have a great rest o' the week.

Cheers

Daz

ShellySlayer

First Post
I would love a picture of my character! It happens to be my first D&D character ever! His name is Danair Gilroth and he is a Human Paladin aged 21. Danair has long scraggily brown hair and a rough and unshavened face. He has a pretty small stature ( 4'10" and 120 lbs) so he does not have bulging muscles. His favored weapon is the Longbow, but he also carries a Longsword. He wears armor stitched together from animal hides. Thanks!

Remove ads