The Underdark Primeval [IC]

Ashy

First Post
Rune's face seems to register something in the gloaming's words and body language and you see her stony facade crack for a moment. Beneath there is pain and suffering but the glimpse does not last long...

"I am sorry to have yelled at you, Denasa. I thought you were talking about the derro, not, not the squids...I...I know nothing of their plans or intentions, other than what I know of them in general, of their natures and so forth..."

She then moves away a bit and you think you see her dabbing her eyes with the sleeve of her tunic...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm always not thinking before I talk. I'm sorry Rune!" she says, and walks over to place her wings around Rune in a gloaming gesture of apology and acceptance. Legs puts his two front legs on Rune's head in apology as well.

Ashy

First Post
Rune's first reaction is to pull away, but she realizes that these are not Yuk'tyl's hands, but rather, the hands of a friend... She places her forehead upon Denasa's shoulder and cries softly. Over and over again she repeats, crying the words as much as speaking them, "I wish I had died...I wish I had died..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Denasa pats Rune on the back softly, and shelters her with her wings, as gloaming mothers do to their children, to protect them from the world.*

"It's ok, shhhhh, it's ok, you're among friends, we won't hurt you, you're safe here, you did such a good job against the maugs, you don't deserve to die, you lived, you deserve to live, shhhh, shhhh, it's ok..." Denasa says to comfort her, looking over Rune's shoulder at the others and raising an eyebrow. Legs does his best to add to Denasa's attempts at comfort by climbing atop Rune's head and gently massaging her scalp.

Ashy

First Post
Rune manages to say, between the sniffles, "No..n...n..not now...before... I wish I would have d...d...died before...." Apparently, the thought of whatever happened "before" is enough to send her into another jag of crying. Her entire form is shaking with sobs now...

deadestdai

First Post
Solli raises his head up from his searches for only a moment before he realises it is "just another" girl crying about something or other. Getting back to his task, he mutters quietly to himself.

If all these thar womens spent more time doing somethin's instead of cryin', this Underdark'd be a more productive place.

Erekose13

Explorer
As Morph continues his healing rounds he tries to calm Bull who after the serious wounds he has taken is not doing so well. But with the care of a trained vermin keeper, Morph is able to keep the giant stag beetle under watch and finish his healing. As he moves around to the others he takes a similar approach with Rogoth careful around the large blind barbarian.

silentspace

First Post
With his wand, Morph tends to the wounds of the party. After a few minutes, everyone in the group is up to full health (33 charges used).

Solli conducts a thorough search of the room.

The rubble-filled temple looks like it had seen battle before. With the most signs of battle near the door. On a hunch, Solli uses his golembane scarab. He detects golems beyond the door.

The altar seems in all ways ordinary. But behind the altar, in the northeast corner of the room, Solli discovers that a portion of the wall, a few feet off the floor, is illusory.

Back down the steps, in the hall, one of the niches that the group rushed by contains a bashed-down door. Beyond is a chamber with a few dwarf-sized pallets, a stone bookshelf containing religious tomes, and a bashed-open chest containing religious vestments of the type worn by the fake priests.

Ashy

First Post
Rune, feeling awkward all of a sudden, dries her eyes and suppresses her emotions yet again. 'Get a grip', she tells herself, 'You barely know these people...'

As the illusory door is revealed, she scrunches up her face. "If I had to bet - that would be the way the squids came. Just a hunch - nothing more..." She then pauses for a moment and looks to the others in the room, "Who are you all, and where are we, by the way?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Huh... door, broken door, illusionary door... I think Rune is right though, illithids never seem to go the direct route when a twisted one will do. So, illusionary door first?" Denasa says, offering her opinion. At Rune's question, she starts and quickly introduces everyone. "The slyth is Morph, and the beetle is Bull, Morph's friend. The kuo-toa is Vuoor, Dargo is the scaly dwarf, Solli is the sourfaced svirfneblin (this is said with a wink in Solli's direction), the grimlock is Rogoth, and you already know my name. And this place is a tomb of the Stronghammer clan. I'm afriad there was a terrible case of mistaken identity which resulted in a jailbreak, a riot, and a lot of hard feelings, and ended up with us in the tomb trying to find out what nasty things the illithids left behind."

Remove ads