• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of the Damned, Pt. 1: Through the Drakwald

Lot

First Post
Ottokar attempts to find out about getting some equipment but he finds himself only dealing with people in need of spiritual guidance, making his practical mission difficult.

[sblock=OOC]Gossip Roll = 91[/sblock]

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred will try and find out exactly what the problem is between Grimminhagen and Untergard, she'll ask Hans, if not him then Schiller. Normally she'll be with the rest of the party (I would guess near the rear) but will occassainly mount up and ride around the perimeter.

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag simply sticks to his assigned post and keeps a look out for mutants or other dangers. He is used to long marches and secretly hopes for another chance at fighting the mutants.

Some of the children run alongside the carts bored by the long ride, using the dwarf as cover in their games of catch, which annoys Grimkrag immensely yet he remains disciplined and says nothing, only give a disapproving look to some them.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Winifred: Hans shrugs. "Shirkers, the whole lot of them," he says. He doesn't elaborate, but you assume that it has something to do with a lack of military support during the attack on Untergard. Schiller is a little more expansive. "Untergard was settled by townsfolk from Grimminhagen. Most outsiders don't know that. My parents and a handful of others left that town about 100 years ago, protesting the taxes levied by Graf Sternhauer. Many of us probably have relatives in Grimminhagen, although we wouldn't know who."

Everyone: The rest of the day passes without incident, and the caravan makes camp in a clearing by the side of the road. Watches are set up with the town guards.

A little after dusk, several of Granny's orphans wander through the camp. They are crying and wailing. "Granny. Graaaaanny. Where are you, Granny?" A quick scan of the camp does not turn her up. Schiller frowns. "Taal's Teeth! What now? Someone's going to have to find her." He mutters something under his breath about not being a babysitter, although you're pretty sure that his lack of desire to watch the children is a mask for his concern for Granny Moescher.

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag sits on a rock his tired eyes gazing at the dancing flames of a camp fire.

The shouting of the children bring him back to reality. "Whuh?" He sits up and looks around mumbling under his breath: "What now?"

He get up and stretches his back whilst yawning. He smacks his lips and walks over to the Captain his tankard in hand.

"What's wrong? What are all the young Un's shouting about?"

After he has been informed of Granny Moescher's disappearance he sighs deeply empyting the rest of his drink.
"We Better go find her then. I don't want to be the one who has to look after the little buggers." He looks around for Ottokar while he straps on his shield. "Ottokar will you help look for her? Hopefully she hasn't run afoul of any of those ugly mutant blighters."

Lot

First Post
Iron Captain said:
"Ottokar will you help look for her? Hopefully she hasn't run afoul of any of those ugly mutant blighters."

Ottokar nods, checking his hammer and his wounds.

"Of course. I'm not much of a woodsman or tracker, but another pair of eyes can't hurt. Who else is with us?"

OOC: Have there been any more opportunities for healing? If not, can Ottokar attempt some healing on his comrades if no one else qualified steps forward?

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred looks at Schiller, "Do you think they know about the beastmen? When they find nothing at Untergard they'll be sure to move on and hit somewhere else."

Later:

Winifred looks at her rubbed down, unsaddled and hobbled horse and sighs,
"I doubt that she's run into mutants, we haven't heard any screaming for a start. Equally, I don't think it's a good idea for her to be out by herself after dark. No doubt she has some compelling reason to be about, but we have some compelling reasons to find her."
She begins to retack the horse, "Look around for tracks, who saw her last and when?"

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
[sblock]OOC for Lot: Sure, go ahead and make the checks, one for each person you want to heal for up to two days.[/sblock]Winifred: Schiller shrugs. "They know how dangerous the Drakwald is. I'm sure they're looking out for themselves."

Everyone: No one seems to have seen her go off anywhere, but, unfortunately, none of you can find her tracks either. Eventually Hans pipes up, "I've found them." And he starts to move off into the woods. Within ten minutes, he's traced her to a small clearing. From where you are in the brush, you can see a handful of small herbs and plants in her hand. She's standing deathly still and looking out at the trees on the other side of the clearing (her back is toward you). Three cloaked men — elves, perhaps? — have drawn bows pointed at her. One of them speaks, "Explain yourself, witch, or my arrow flies true."

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred makes a mental note to make a diversion to Grimminhagen, no matter what Schiller thinks.

At the challenge she looks at the archers from the back of her horse and tries to supress the thought that if these are elves, then they'll be a lot more around she can't see besides the three she can. "Please don't point arrows at our healer. She's no threat to you and it makes me nervous when I'm still wounded. It makes me even more nervous when I think that without her around someone else has a whole load of orphan nappies to change and wash."

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag draws his axe and steps out of the brush.

"3 men against one elderly woman? Who are you brave warriors?" He doesn't raise his axe in a threatening manner, but he still keeps an eye out for suspect movement.

Remove ads