E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
So you got the book eh? well if you do get all 1st level spells, you'll have to meet up with Tenebrynn at some point. He's collecting spells too, though only when he can copy/share them from others.

Xael

First Post
Erekose13 said:
So you got the book eh? well if you do get all 1st level spells, you'll have to meet up with Tenebrynn at some point. He's collecting spells too, though only when he can copy/share them from others.
Yeah, I got the book and all 1st level spells, since they don't really cost anything much. Could probably have gotten all the 2nd level spells too, but I preferred some magic items. :D

And are there really Wizards who don't collect spells? :lol:

Erekose13

Explorer
Too true. I was looking through your gp log and was trying to figure out your expenses. Would you mind spelling them out here?

When reading the Blessed Book entry it mentions that you don't need to spend the 25gp per page cost to scribe a spell into it. Thats amazing, but I thought that scribing cost more than that.

EDIT: looks like its 100gp/spell level.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Too true. I was looking through your gp log and was trying to figure out your expenses. Would you mind spelling them out here?
Well, I have the expenses in larger batches in the NezrakEquipment.txt file, but I guess I could write them out in a bit more clearer way. Edit: And there's a slight mistake there too, but the ending sum is still correct (= Nezrak is poor again).

Short version though:

Starting money: About 2gp + 6k+ share
- 7,500gp, crafted Gliran's Blessed Book (6,250gp) and paid Rodimus 1,250gp for craft points. (There's a was mistake in the txt file here)
+ 3,100gp, sold old spellbook after copying it. 62 pages = 6,200gp market price.
- 450gp, bought few second level scrolls for crafting.
+ 5,950gp, crafted items to party members, part of this can be done before crafting the book to get money for it.
- 2,275gp, bought lots of scrolls and added the spells to spellbook.
- 4,680gp, crafted Amulet of Intelligence +2, Robe of Resistance +1, Hat of Disguise, Pearl of Power I and paid for rodimus to donate craft points.
+ 400gp, Made a deal with Rodimus/Dalamar, so that he pays 2,400gp to Nezrak and gets Vest of Constitution +2 now (2,000gp goes to material costs), and owes Nezrak 1,000gp.
- 500gp, crafted some scrolls.

Total: Nezrak has a bit over 200gp left. He used up 1,672xp and 2,165 craft points.

Nezrak could have gained the money for the first part if he crafted and sold the items he could make without buying extra spells before crafting the book, but I didn't bother to separate them in the file.

If you want the really detailed version, I can do that tomorrow.

When reading the Blessed Book entry it mentions that you don't need to spend the 25gp per page cost to scribe a spell into it. Thats amazing, but I thought that scribing cost more than that.

EDIT: looks like its 100gp/spell level.
Yeah, the Blessed Book is really handy. The 25gp is an old mistake in the text.

If Nezrak would have had a normal spellbook, all the spells he learned would have costed about 5,000gp extra to add them to spellbook. So the book is looking like a pretty good investment already, especially since Nezrak sold his old spellbook...

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Anyone care to share some constructive criticism on the game or my dming? I'm always open to improving and like to get feedback from my groups when I can.

Manzanita

First Post
I liked that you included pictures with so many of the encounters. I also liked the pacing, and really appreciated your hints in the riddles section.

Not the best constructive criticism, but nothing else comes to mind. You do a great job!

Percy has been approved at level 7, so I'm good to go with her anytime.

Manzanita

First Post
Well, looks like we're losing Sir Ishmael. We do need a healer for this group. right now we've got
Percy & Nezrak - arcanists
Rodimus - monk
Nars - rogue
Gorefoot - brb/ranger

Not the best balanced group. Perhaps we could get a lead to gemshold then go the RDI to try to recruit a cleric. A hard job, to be sure.

Erekose13

Explorer
An NPC is an option too, I could work to include that if you like or if you have a hard time finding an experienced cleric to come along (a la Hogarth :))

Remove ads