[Shop] di Senzio's Magical Shop

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The door to the shop swings open and a muscular dwarf and two humans walk in carrying a large chest. The two males set the chest down on the floor and open it. It is filled with fine armor and weapons. The dwarf goes up to the counter and says, "Oi! Me name's Rasereit Vundinn, this 'ere's the lady Lasair Alant an' Troi Delmontes, an' we're lookin' to sell some stuff. What d'ye make of it?"

Code:
50% Market Price

Nonmagical stuff
315	2 MW Longswords
200	2 Breastplates
7	2 Heavy Wooden Shields
320	2 MW Rapiers
155	1 MW Short sword
[s]550	1 Mithril Chain[/s] (Claimed by Lasair, sorry)

Magical stuff
1155	1 Rapier +1 
1175	2 Studded leather +1

*All items are for medium sized characters.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
A woman is cleaning a shelf behind teh counter, where lays a few scrolls. As teh group enter, she turn her attention to teh client and smile warmly to them. "Rasereit Vundinn... that name sounds familiar?" she tells with a slight heistation. "I remember, it is my husband and Hogarth who spoke about you. You where among the group which escape that cursed island. I'm please to meet you. Let me see what I can do with that stock." She takes a moment, looking at each items.

"I'm sorry, but I don't take normal weapon and armors, even if they are of good quality. I might have been interested by the chain shirt, as mithral is very prized by spellcasters, but we are still a bit limited on fund. I'll pick only the two studded leather armor and the rapier. I can offer you for them... 2802 gp. I don't think you'll get a better price in any other shop. For the other items, you'll need to find another taker. For such fine items, master Stonebender would most likely be a taker. His shop is on the right if you walk down the merchant avenue in direction of Hyrag's temple."

[SBLOCK]2802gp is 60% of the market price.

For master Stonebender, nothing special about him, just plugging one of the many blacksmith that work in Orussus.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Razh grins, "Oh, Rinaldo told ye about me? Sure 'e told ye about me mate Ogrin, too, he'd be 'ere wit' us, but he 'ad some errands to run or summat, ye know 'ow it is. Anyhoo, Ah'm thinkin' yer price is excellent. About the chain, tha's alrigh', because Ah've jus' remembered that the lovely lady Lasair has already claimed that bit o' the treasure. As for the other stuff, we 'ave a deal." Razh offers a large dwarven hand to shake and finalizes the deal.

[sblock=New Calculations for Niobe's Dilemma: ]Sold to Other Mechants (or kept): 7534gp 7434gp 2sp 7cp
Sold to DiSenzio: 2696gp 2802gp
Reward 40,000gp

Divide the loot by 4 and the reward by 5:

Fixed Grand Totals:
10559gp 0sp 6cp for Ogrin, Razh, and Wil
9009gp 0sp 6cp + mithral chain + haversack for Lasair
8000gp for Troi

3cp left over. We'll give it to a beggar.

Code:
40000	Reward

Sold to Other Merchants (or kept)
4788	Bag of Gold
99.27	Coins
315	2 MW Longswords
200	2 Breastplates
7	2 Heavy Wooden Shields
320	2 MW Rapiers
155	1 MW Short sword
550	1 Mithril Chain
[s]1100	Haversack[/s] [color=magenta]Incorrect amount[/color]
1000	Haversack

Sold to DiSenzio Magic Shop
1392	1 Rapier +1 
1410	2 Studded leather +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: We weren't selling the Mithral Chain Shirt or the Haversack though because Lasair took thoseYou took care of that--everything else is correct, but the Haversack price should be the default 1000 since we didn't sell it to Rinaldo, right?)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, Rinaldo told about Ogrin too. He told me how both of you came handy. It was brave of you to fight against the son of a dragon with equipement taken on some hobgoblin and that, in the middle of his men." tells the women as she takes teh rapier and put it on her shelf. "I'm sorry, I'm impolite. My name is Valeria di Senzio. Rinaldo is my husband. I'm keeping the shop while he is doing his 'business' travel." The emphasis she put on the business let no doubt that she knows the true nature of his business, and she doesn't seems so much please about it.

She take the two armor and put one on the shelf and the second under the counter and hands up a purse filled with gold and gems. "Gems are ligther than all that heavy gold, but I can garantee the value is there. If you prefer, I can send an errand to convert those gem into a credit letter at your name."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Rasereit leans on the counter as best he can with his dwarven stature. He says, "Actually, Ah might want t'just turn that into store credit, if ye know what Ah mean. Sit tight a bit, hold on t'that sack." Troi, Lasair, and Razh go off to sell the other items in other stores. He exchanges some gold with Lasair, they talk about money and calculations, she smiles and leaves the group a very wealthy woman. Troi bids everyone farewell. Razh keeps Ogrin's share to give to him later.

OOC: For the sake of RPing, I'm going to say Razh paid out cash to the others and kept all the DiSenzio's store credit.

Back in the DiSenzio's Shop, he leans back on the counter. "Nah, as ye kin see Mrs. DiSenzio, Ah've recently come into quite a lot of money. Ah'm thinkin' perhaps ye an' Ah kin work out a deal, eh? Ye're the expert on this stuff, so 'ere's what Ah need: Ah've heard o' things ye kin put on yer arms that make ye stronger. Anythin' that makes me axe hit harder is a good investment. An' Ah'm gettin knocked around an awful lot, so somethin' to toughen me up a bit would be nice, too. Any ideas?"

OOC: Razh is thinking of Gauntlets of Strength (+2) and an Amulet of Natural Armor (+1). Normally I'd just have him buy them somewhere out of game, but this is more fun. (I don't want or expect a discount, so don't even offer. =P ) Also, he's racist, so he doesn't want Gauntlets of Ogre Strength. Perhaps "Gauntlets of Dwarven Might" would be a better name for them, if you know what I mean ;)

OOC to Niobe's Dilemma Players: Sorry, all that math is worked out now. We ended up gaining about 150gp from selling to the DiSenzio's and then losing 100gp because we did the math wrong earlier. Ah well, it's still a boatload of cash!

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"We don't have any of them in stock." She tells to Razh "But I think I can have it by tomorrow. So, a pair gauntlet that bolster strength and an amulet of harden the skin." She quickly write down a note and seal it. She call a young man that was in the backroom. The young man have the symbol of Grendath on his medallion. "Take this to Reynold. He should be at the Arena presently."

The young man nodes and leave the shop. "I should have news by the end of evening, and unless unlucky, you should have it by then. If unlucky, count a week, no more, but I'll be able to tell you the exact time. The price will be reasonnable. We can make it for 4000 gp for the gauntlet of strength and 2000 gp for the amulet. That would make a total of 6000 gp. I think at that price, we are competitive and you would get hard time to find better price."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Razh rubs his thick hands together happily. He claps them together loudly as he says, "Right then! Ah'll be back t'night, Ah've got t'go place some orders wit' a few other merchants. Stonebender the Smith, did ye say? Ah may be payin' him a visit." Razh practically bounces out of the shop.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

The burly dwarf barges back into the store as loudly as he exited. "Alrigh'! Have ye got what Ah need?" He smiles and rubs his hands together as Mrs. di Senzio reaches behind the counter. She places a wooden box and a leather bag on the counter and opens them both. The box contains two gauntlets, both beautiful pieces of work, each with a circular etching on the back depicting a dwarf lifting a mountain. The bag holds a small, carved wooden turtle hanging on a leather lace.

Razh delicately places the amulet around his neck. A slight crackling sound can be heard as his skin literally hardens. The dwarf shivers, and smiles. Then he takes the gauntlets from the box and slides them on his hands. He bellows loudly, "Rrraahhh!!" as his muscles bulge, pressing against the fabric of his woolen shirt. He grins and flexes his magically enhanced biceps. "Ooh, ye don' kid aroun', do ye m'arm? 'Twas a pleasure doin' business wit' ye. Ah'll be sure t'come back, that's a promise. Tell yer hubby Ah said hi, alrigh'?"

Razh leaves whatever gold he still owes and walks out of the shop, flexing his muscles and stroking his hardened skin, utterly amazed. "This is good magic, this is," he mutters over and over again.

Velmont

First Post
"I'm happy you are pleased with your gauntlet of Dwarven Strength and your amulet of Granit's skin. They have both been produce by a dwarven artificer which, sadly, I havn't been given the name, but the person who brought them to us is of enough trust that I can't doubt his word. I hope to see you soon and in good health. Until then, may Grendath be at your side." she tells before Razh leave the shop.

Remove ads