[Shop] di Senzio's Magical Shop

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol follows behind Lokin and presents the rest of the items. He then hands the man a handful of silver. "I am keenly interested in which items are enchanted." he then turns, his gaze rests on Zurd for a moment before walking back to the others.

OOC: Kol pays 20 silver for the detect magic. I assume Orsal has to provide the list.
As the shoppe doesnt have a lot of cash to buy off stuff I am fine with having it all appraised and divvying equally buy price value of items

orsal

LEW Judge
[sblock=Velmont]
Jemeny does detect magic. If he continues to concentrate for a second round, he'll identify five faint auras. Three are coming from inside a sack, so he can't be more specific unless equipment is removed for his inspection. The other two come from Lokin's steel shield and Kol's greataxe.

The third round of detection, make DC 16 Spellcraft checks:
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]The shield radiates abjuration.[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]The axe radiates evocation.[/sblock]

If the sack is emptied, or the objects expected to radiate magic are taken out, he'll be able to tell that the other three auras are from two scrolls and a potion. (I'll leave it up to you whether he advises the customers to take out any objects they want him to scan -- they probably won't know unless he says so specfically.) In that case:
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 17]One scroll radiates illusion.[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 17]The other scroll radiates conjuration.[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]The potion radiates abjuration.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jemeny casts a spell and start to closely looks at the items. After a moment he looks at the group. "I have some answers for you, but 20 silvers is not enough for the details, but I will tell you your are not wasting your silvers, you have some magical items."

[SBLOCK=Orsal]Jemeny is not stated, but considering he is a minor NPC wizard, It can be easily presume he got +8 to Spellcraft (+4 from ranks, +2 from Int, +2 from feat Academy Graduate). Result here... Jemeny knows the axe and a scroll.[/SBLOCK]

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
Jemeny casts a spell and start to closely looks at the items. After a moment he looks at the group. "I have some answers for you, but 20 silvers is not enough for the details, but I will tell you your are not wasting your silvers, you have some magical items."

"I hope the price included the telling of which items are magickal....wizard." Kol said in an imposing tone.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Oops, miscalculation, I thought you told 20 copper...[/SBLOCK]

"Yes, but you'll have to show me the items in your bags, I see some aura in it, but I cannot point which items. Outside that, there is this shield..." poiting Lokin's shield "...and that axe." pointing Kol's axe.

As teh group show out the items in the bag. "That might be less a surprise. These two scrolls are magical, as is the content of that vial."

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]Oops, miscalculation, I thought you told 20 copper...[/SBLOCK]

"Yes, but you'll have to show me the items in your bags, I see some aura in it, but I cannot point which items. Outside that, there is this shield..." poiting Lokin's shield "...and that axe." pointing Kol's axe.

As teh group show out the items in the bag. "That might be less a surprise. These two scrolls are magical, as is the content of that vial."

When the Mageling pointed to the ax, Kol's knuckles went white as he gripped the haft of the weapon. For a brief moment Jemeny might have thought the barbarian was going to attack. But the gem-flecked warrior only looked smugly at the others. Zurd had been proven a liar.

"Perhaps it would be time to re-negotiate the split. Those who lie and cheat are not deserving of the bounty we have found...ANY of it!"

OOC: BTW how much to get the mundane items appraised?

orsal

LEW Judge
Zurd speaks up in surprise at this revelation. (Well, feigned surprise; under pressure, he seems to have lost his smooth ways.) "Mr. -- Jemeny is it? Thank you for this information; it has already proved quite valuable to us. I have never studied magic, but have recently discovered powers within me, powers I am only just learning to understand. I had had no difficulty figuring out that the potion and scrolls were magic, but do not understand the auras well enough to recognize the magical qualities of the axe. Your expertise is much appreciated. But can you tell us what powers each of these items has?

To Kol's innuendo he replies, "What are you suggesting? Surely you do not think I deliberately withheld information about the value of that axe?"

His defensive attitude suggests that Kol's implicit accusation hit home.

[sblock=ooc]Natural 1 on Zurd's bluff check, total 7. The PCs have no difficulty with their Sense Motive: Payne 12, Kol 12, Lokin 10, Kyle 16. Velmont, you are now a spectator to an episode in the drama of LEW's most dysfunctional adventuring party ever.[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
"Repitition does not make a lie into a truth. You may be wasting your last breaths dog.
I suggest you run...While you are able."
there was malice, and intent in Kol's voice.

OOC: I dont feel right about attacking out of game, as he is (was?) a PC and the player isn't in control.
Also I don't know if this is a RP only area like the Tavern. HOWEVER I will ready an attack action if he starts any kind of offensive move. (or interpreted offensive move, including any and all spellcasting)

orsal

LEW Judge
Zurd continues to talk, his tone getting more and more intimidating, but still just talk. "You traitor! You would be dead after you so foolishly charged after the lizardmen, had the rest of us not chased after you. And again, the orcs would have killed you -- all of you -- without my magic to put them down. And now you threaten to chase me away because you want my share of the loot."

He turns to the others and speaks more calmly. "Lokin, Kyle, Payne, Kongu, I know we didn't all get along, but we were a team. We defeated first the lizardmen, then the orcs, because we looked after each other. Surely if anyone is to be cut out it would be Kol, the ingrate. I'm starting to think we should have left him for the lizardmen to devour."

OOC: As far as combat in the middle of the shop goes -- if it happens, I'll DM it, and Velmont can play any of the shop staff as needed. I will take into account that the shop is in the middle of a city. But so far, just readied actions, nobody has swung a weapon or cast an offensive spell.

Velmont

First Post
Zurd said:
Zurd speaks up in surprise at this revelation. (Well, feigned surprise; under pressure, he seems to have lost his smooth ways.) "Mr. -- Jemeny is it? Thank you for this information; it has already proved quite valuable to us. I have never studied magic, but have recently discovered powers within me, powers I am only just learning to understand. I had had no difficulty figuring out that the potion and scrolls were magic, but do not understand the auras well enough to recognize the magical qualities of the axe. Your expertise is much appreciated. But can you tell us what powers each of these items has?

"There is no problem, but to have the exact nature of an item, I need to use another formula that asks for a pearl as a component. The fee for that spell is 110 gp per item. That exclude the potions and scroll that can be more easily identified. 1 gp per item."

Kol said:
"Repitition does not make a lie into a truth. You may be wasting your last breaths dog.
I suggest you run...While you are able."
there was malice, and intent in Kol's voice.

Zurd said:
Zurd continues to talk, his tone getting more and more intimidating, but still just talk. "You traitor! You would be dead after you so foolishly charged after the lizardmen, had the rest of us not chased after you. And again, the orcs would have killed you -- all of you -- without my magic to put them down. And now you threaten to chase me away because you want my share of the loot."

He turns to the others and speaks more calmly. "Lokin, Kyle, Payne, Kongu, I know we didn't all get along, but we were a team. We defeated first the lizardmen, then the orcs, because we looked after each other. Surely if anyone is to be cut out it would be Kol, the ingrate. I'm starting to think we should have left him for the lizardmen to devour."

"Please gentlemen, if you have some quarrel to resolve, I would ask you to do so on the street. If you want to do business, I'll be happy to serve you." tells Valeria with a very respective tone.

A man in scale mail, a longsword in his scabbard, appears in the doorway of the backstore. "Any problem, Mrs di Senzio?"

"No. These gentlemen are just talking." answers Valeria with a smile.

[SBLOCK=OOC]The shop have one guard during day, one during night. They are here mainly to make sure nothing is stolen or broken, but will call the guards before doing any actions.

In other words, the guard will not interfer in a fight between the PC but will make sure the guards will come as soon as possible.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads