The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Brother Allard

First Post
moritheil said:
One thing that I note is that we don't really seem to have many divine casters. It's something the party has always lacked.

It's funny you should say that. I've been playing with a couple of different Ur-priest builds, but this the one that's closest to being finished: background and such is still in process, as are gear and spells, but everything else is done. The other build I've been toying with is crossclassed with Alienist, but it still needs some work.

[SBLOCK=Details]AC 31 (10 + 4 armor + 5 dex + 2 deflection + 7 wisdom + 2 monk + 1 sacred fist);
HP 98 (8 + 10d8 [50] + 3d6 [12] + 28);
Fort +14 (9 base + 2 constitution + 3 resistance),
Ref +17 (9 base + 5 dexterity + 3 resistance),
Will +23 (11 base + 7 will + 3 resistance + 2 monk);
Str 14 (6 pts),
Dex 20 (8 pts + 1 lvl + 4 enhancement),
Con 14 (6 pts),
Int 14 (6 pts),
Wis 24 (10 pts + 2 lvl + 6 enhancement),
Cha 12 (4 pts);
feats
Code:
1  Monk1          Iron Will, Stunning Fist,
2  Warlock1,
3  Warlock2       Spell Focus (Evil),
4  Monk2          Combat Reflexes,
5  Warlock3,
6  Ur-Priest1     Combat Casting,
7  Ur-Priest2,
8  Sacred Fist1,
9  Sacred Fist2   Extend Spell,
10 Sacred Fist3,
11 Sacred Fist4,
12 Sacred Fist5   Weapon Finesse,
13 Sacred Fist6,
skills
balance +19 (12 ranks + 2 tumble + 5 dex),
bluff +7 (6 ranks + 1 cha),
concentration +19 (17 ranks + 2 con + 2 sigil),
knowledge (arcana) +9 (5 ranks + 2 int + 2 sigil),
knowledge (religion) +12 (8 ranks + 2 int + 2 sigil),
knowledge (the planes) +9 (5 ranks + 2 int + 2 sigil),
spellcraft +23 (17 ranks + 2 int + 2 knowledge[arcana] + 2 sigil),
tumble +17 (12 ranks + 5 dex);
possessions
monk's belt (13,000gp)
periapt of wisdom +6 (36,000gp)
gloves of dexterity +4 (16,000gp)
vest of resistance +3 (9,000gp)
+4 bracers of armor (16,000gp)
+2 ring of protection (8,000gp)[/SBLOCK]

Abaddon;

illumian monk 2 / warlock 3 / ur-priest 2 / sacred fist 7;
medium humaniod (human);
Alignment LE
Init +5; Senses Listen +9, Spot +9;
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Infernal, Illumian
----------------------------
AC 31, flatfooted 26, touch 27;
DR 1/cold iron;
HP 98 (HD 11d8+3d6+28)
Fort +14, Ref +17, Will +23;
Speed 50';
Melee unarmed strike +16/+11/+6 (2d8+2/20/x2);
Ranged eldritch blast +16/+11/+6 (2d6/20/x2);
Base Atk +11, Grapple +13;
Atk Options flurry of blows, stunning fist, combat reflexes, sacred flame, rebuke undead 4/day (+3, 2d6+2, 2nd);
Cleric spells prepared (CL 8)
0-- 6
1-- 6
2-- 6
3-- 5
4-- 4
5-- 4, extended greater magic weapon
6-- 3
7-- 2
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 24, Cha 12.
Class Abilities: rebuke undead 4/day (+3, 2d6+2, 2nd), armor restriction, AC bonus(ex) +7, flurry of blows(ex), evasion(ex), fast movement(ex) +20, sacred flame (1/day for 1 minute, +7 fire damage, +7 sacred to unarmed attacks), blindsense (10 ft), code of conduct (may not use a weapon), eldritch blast (2d6 ray), detect magic (at will), damage reduction (1/cold iron);
Racial Features: luminous sigils (naen +2 on int checks, hoon +2 on wis and con checks, naenhoon divine metamagic 2x/day), glyphic resonance, final utterance, +2 racial bonus on saves with 'shadow' descriptor, superior literacy, not restricted in in returning to paladin or monk after cross-classing;
XP: 91,000
Feats: combat casting, combat reflexes, improved unarmed strike, stunning fist, iron will, spell focus (evil), weapons finesse, extend spell;
Skills: balance +19, bluff +7, concentration +19, knowledge (arcana) +9, knowledge (religion) +12, knowledge (the planes) +9, spellcraft +23, tumble +17;
Possessions: monk's belt, periapt of wisdom +6, gloves of dexterity +4, vest of resistance +3, +4 bracers of armor, +2 ring of protection, 36,000gp;
Encumbrance: xxx lbs; Load: Light (58lbs)

Description:

Personality:

History:

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
I was thinking that the BBEG has been calling in favours to assist his invasion of Mori. As such Zaestilan has been ordered by Vecna to aid this lord in whatever capacity possible.

Due to the recent attrition among the group he was sent to bolster their forces. As such Zaestilan went thru the portal to Mori, spoke to the cultist to find out where the group is, turning Ethereal he followed the directions and then followed the trail of bodies to the groups current location.

So he can appear at anytime that you desire.

Okay, that works, and now is a good time.

Brother Allard, I'm really shooting for fiendish or otherplanar heritage in this campaign. Admittedly Illumians live off-prime, but, well . . . I'll withhold judgment until you post your backstory.

Brother Allard

First Post
moritheil said:
Brother Allard, I'm really shooting for fiendish or otherplanar heritage in this campaign. Admittedly Illumians live off-prime, but, well . . . I'll withhold judgment until you post your backstory.
The idea is similar to Lord Raven 88's, really. The BBEG is in possession of some tome or scroll of great interest to Abaddon's cabal. They have brokered a deal whereby in exchange for the book, the cabal will extend the services of one or more of the cabal's members in the invasion of Mori.

If that doesn't work, I have a few other concepts which might fit better.

Voadam

Legend
Too bad the brute died before my full attack. I don't think I'll get four attack rolls with none lower than 16 that often. It was nice to see that even at only half of the ECL in HD/levels I can still be effective as a frontliner tearing up for damage.

Shayuri

First Post
Hey...I have a question. Does this campaign use action points? I have a vague memory of someone inquiring about that, or using one or...something. If so, can I AP my save? With the +3 that I didn't include, maybe it's within AP range to succeed?

Grasping at straws. It sucks to be the only casualty. :-(

moritheil

First Post
Shayuri,

I believe you are referring to this, which was in answer to Hanaav wanting action points in order to shorten casting time. I have bolded the relevant text below.

I'm not sure if Silhouette will wind up being the only casualty, as the rolling hasn't stopped. That said, if nobody minds, I will draw from my stack of Deus Ex Machinae that I have already prepared for this campaign, and we will get Silhouette back. I'm mindful of the fact that the death of Loriel was arguably not strictly in good form, and I will take that into consideration.

moritheil said:
Those of you posting preliminary sheets, please err on the side of more detail, not less, as there is a chance that I will not possess whatever splatbook you take a PrC out of. I will have a gallery thread up soon for your finalized characters.

Lord Raven - Looks good. I especially like how you listed all your special abilities on the sheet itself. I do not normally allow cursed items, but then, this is a fiendish invasion, so why not?

RBG - Both races you mention are acceptable, though of course you'll have to explain why the necropolitan is throwing its lot in with fiends. I'm not a big fan of action points, though I will allow Rapid Spell to treat a 1 minute casting time as 10 rounds, which should take care of your casting time concerns. Be aware that events will progress continually, so you are best off finding some way to have a dedicated wright or other servant do your crafting for you.

I have no plans to allow LA buyoff - as mentioned previously, power should not be an issue for encounters of reasonable EL (Spellcraft and Knowledge checks will tell you when you are out of your depth, which should not occur often.) While I'm at it, I should mention that I give uniform XP (though this should be a nonissue.)

moritheil

First Post
EXP award +4000

All active characters gain 4000 xp at this point. This reflects the RP to date as well as the fights. It does not include characters that have not been introduced on-screen and hence have not been part of RP or fights. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads