• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Boddynock

First Post
"Right, let's go!"

Aware that his agreed role is to protect Tommy and offer healing where necessary, Tarag resists the urge to lead the way, and instead waits on the others to move. The tapping of his fingers on the grip of his morningstar is entirely coincidental.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Well, then," Keldar says, sheathing his so far unused dagger to free a hand. He takes a cursory look at the door, not expecting to find anything unusual about it. "There could be anything behind it. On three. One, two...."

OOC: take 10 with Search +6.

Solange

First Post
Rapture winks at Galwynn and sheaths her sword.

"Are we sure this is one of the 20 minute summoners and not one of the slower ones?"

covaithe

Explorer
Rapture said:
"Are we sure this is one of the 20 minute summoners and not one of the slower ones?"
"Unless Cassandra has misinformed us, there was only one device capable of resummoning elementals every 20 minutes, which is surely the device we just disabled, with the candles and dirt. If my calculations are correct, we have defeated three of the nine elementals guarding this tower. There should be four more elementals of the type we have seen so far in some mixture of fire and earth on the first three floors, and two more powerful fire elemental soldiers on the fourth and fifth floors." Tommy rambles while watching Keldar inspect the door.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Two and a half, two and... Oh, Cassandra - I want to have a word with that sparkling young lady, before we go upstairs," says Keldar. "The information she gave us is now out of date. And I want to check whether we can get out of the tower now that we're in... I have my suspicions on that score."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Er... Whoops. I must have missed/forgotten the pylon post. Forgive me for not doing enough research. I'd rather pretend that Cassandra told you something different than retcon the battle. I could make a similar post rephrasing EternalSword's pylon post, because I can't make head nor tail of what the tower is supposed to look like after reading that several times over. I'll leave it up to you guys, what would you prefer? Retcon the battle and rearrange the downstairs, or slightly rephrase Cassandra's description?

-----

The western room is a bedroom. It has a fourposter, an armoire, and a tall mirror. The armoire is mostly empty except for a few old coats and a pair of boots.

Behind the eastern door, you find a kitchen. It has large food stores, and various cooking implements. Nothing that wouldn't normally be in a kitchen. Most of the food is dry and bland, it seems that Thyrin doesn't care much for fancy food.

Remove ads