Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Same speed, but every time you repair lethal damage, you get an equal amount of nonlethal back too for free)

Yeah, but cleverly all my damage is nonlethal, so no savings there! ;)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: As I recall, we're waiting to see if Kharas is going to unbend enough not to get thrown overboard. In the meantime, perhaps an xp award? I'm itching to know the CRs on those guards... it felt like Anvuss was overcoming overwhelming odds.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: As I recall, we're waiting to see if Kharas is going to unbend enough not to get thrown overboard. In the meantime, perhaps an xp award? I'm itching to know the CRs on those guards... it felt like Anvuss was overcoming overwhelming odds.
(OOC: Cor blimey! I thought I gave out XP for the guards already. Well, you guys were two level 3 Artificers, one of which was a Spark, so you guys were total EL 5+ (+ for the Spark). The Guards were a level 4 Warrior and three level 2 Warriors, so EL ~5 (and NPCs are usually easy for their EL, so maybe 5-). It was more-or-less an even match.

XP = (from memory) 900 apiece)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: That level 4 warrior seemed pretty tough, and extremely hard to hit. A consequence, perhaps, of both PCs being "support" type characters having to go it on their own.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, you have 12 Str, 8 Dex, and medium BAB. He, on the other hand, was able to parlay his favourable racial bonuses (not enough to up the CR, but there) and full BAB into protection thanks to his level 3 feat choice of Combat Expertise. CE protected him in melee and your Dex penalty + the fact that both of you were hiding behind pillars and prone protected him at range)

Velmont

First Post
"Yes captain" replies Kharas with an obvious resistance and frustration in his voice. "I had introduce myself to Fiora. My name is Kharas, from the Mroranon clan. I'm a trapmaker, an armorer and an artificer (or you could tell a Spark if you prefer)."

OOC: So we add 900 xp to our sheet (no change of level here yet)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You're his partner, right? Is he always so persnickety and sulking, or only when you're nice to him?" the Captain asks Anvuss.

"Well, Mr. Mroranon, you're not really being such a wonderful representative of your clan. I mean, if you were a child, I could understand it, but you seem to me to be built like a rational adult. So let's not sulk. Now then, as I said, I'm going to be nice and let you rest now too. But you don't get a double rest like Anvuss, so I expect you ready for duties in four hours--I'll make that five and give you an hour to move in to your resting place."

"If there is nothing more, you are both dismissed."

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"You're his partner, right? Is he always so persnickety and sulking, or only when you're nice to him?" the Captain asks Anvuss.[/color]

"Our aquaintence is relatively brief, but I believe the characteristics you are observing are influenced by his cultural background as a Dwarf, and exacerbated by a certain degree of single-mindedness. Of course, Dwarves are considered excellent companions generally, in spite of any 'persnickety' tendances, and single mindedness can be very usefull depending on your goal. In order to take full advantage of these traits, it is necessary to ensure that everyone is working together and pulling in the same direction. Unfortunately, my studies have been in the crafting of miraculous devices, and I am untrained in the management skills that would help align everyone's efforts. I suppose that is yet another reason why we are fortunate to have you as a captain, as undoubtedly these skills are second nature to one of your station and vocation."

Patlin said:
Assuming we get to morning, Anvuss will horde his newly regained infusions and begin smithing with his warforged repair kit. He will take 10, allowing him to heal 4 hp every 8 hours. If I'm correct and nonlethal damage is as difficult to heal as regular damage, he's got roughly two days work ahead of him buffing all the dents out of his hide.

Anvuss's plan remains the same, let me know how much time has passed. If the Captain chooses to assign him an assistant, his recovery rate could be increased significantly. (+50% with aid another, more if the assistant's skill at smithing is greater than Anvuss's skill.)

Velmont

First Post
"Single-minded, me?" react Kharas, but he seems to retain some comments that is bruning his lips. He turns around and leaves the captain. As he exits, he looks behind at Anvuss and tells "Come on Anvuss, I have only four hours of sleep and I need to repair you first, it will take only a moment with the Thelanium." And on that he exits and go to the quarter he has been assign to sleep.

Patlin said:
Anvuss's plan remains the same, let me know how much time has passed. If the Captain chooses to assign him an assistant, his recovery rate could be increased significantly. (+50% with aid another, more if the assistant's skill at smithing is greater than Anvuss's skill.)

OOC: No need, a bit of Thelanium will quickly help to recover, and Kharas will try to give the spark to Anvuss too, so he can use Thelanium.

Remove ads