Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Kharas heads out to the room he has been assigned, which turns out to be not much larger than a closet. Anvuss and Kharas, led by the First Mate, pass several crew members, and they all seem to be either Clanks or females of the same race as the captain, bar none. This is probably why Kharas is not given a room in the barracks for ordinary crewswomen. When he reaches for the thelanium pouch to use on Anvuss, he discovers that it is, in fact, completely gone--perhaps he dropped it during the freefall.*

Velmont

First Post
"Cursed world! Can't anything goes right for a time." Kharas looks at Anvuss. "Well, without Thelanium, I can't do much. I wouldn't be surprise to see one of these crused pirate have robbed me. Anyway, I suppose the captain have some Thelanium, but it won't let me have some after that meeting. Either we repair you good old fashion, or you go ask a small piece of Thelanium from her."

Patlin

Explorer
"Unless time becomes an issue, we should stick with the old fashioned way."

Anvuss doesn't explain why, but if Kharas were to make a sense motive check (whatever DC RA sets) he might guess that Anvuss prefers not to show their new associates all of their abilities. He's willing to do the extra smithing work in order to keep their extent to himself.

Patlin

Explorer
This is post #811 from 11/8.

Patlin said:
"Thank you. If I could be told where I might rest, I will do so and begin self repair in the morning."

I don't believe the Captain ever contradicted Anvuss's assertion that self repair would be the first of his duties in the morning. He'll get started on the blacksmithing on the assumption that it's what he is supposed to be doing.

Velmont

First Post
Kharas will try to get some sleep as much as he can, knowing he won't have his infusion in the morning and won't be able to keep that rythm of life for long.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I don't believe the Captain ever contradicted Anvuss's assertion that self repair would be the first of his duties in the morning. He'll get started on the blacksmithing on the assumption that it's what he is supposed to be doing.

(OOC: You are correct--this is because she doesn't know about infusions, and she assumed that he rests four hours (she also assumes that Kharas does as well--she is unfamiliar with creatures that need eight hours of sleep per day), so she gave him the extra four hours assuming that he would rest for four hours and then fix himself in the remaining four)

*Four hours earlier, a Clank came for Kharas and started him on swabbing the deck.*

*As Kharas takes out his blacksmithing tools, another of the fey-looking lady pirates, not Rhiana or Fiora from yesterday, knocks and enters.*

"Ye're Anvuss? I'm ta show ye yer first job, savvy?"

Remove ads