Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, you always have a choice. You had a choice when you chose to stow away aboard my ship. Then you had another choice and you chose to stay here rather than go back to the guards. And now, as consequence of those two choices, you are aboard my ship, so you have the choice to show me the proper respect or to walk the plank. I'm guessing you've never been on a ship before? If you had, you would know that while aboard a ship, the Captain's word is to be heeded."

Velmont

First Post
"Oh, yeah, I'm the first dwarf you've ever seen I suppose. My people lives underground, in cities builds in caves. So many dwarves havn't been on a ship in there whole life, and I am among them. And I'm a trapmaker and an armorer, not a sailor. Sorry if I am not the best passenger you had, but there is four kids that I need to find and it seems that noting is going well. Guardian Clank who wnat to kill me, unforged that wish me only ill, fanatics gards that consider me terrorist, doing some acrobatic on a flying ship and a member of house Cannith who pretend to be a god and have created a world that is no more than a dream. You know what, all I wish is to get out of here with the kids and never come back." tells Kharas, still annoyed but obviously trying to take a more calm and respectful tone, with more or less success..

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Underground...One of the Abandoned from the Dismal Deeps then. Well, they've always been known to be unstable, though you look more or less intact."

"Nonetheless, explanation aside, you continue to fail to show me the proper respect. Maybe you're the king back where you come from, I don't know, but as long as you're on my ship, I am charge. Do you understand?"

Velmont

First Post
"Yeah, I've catch the message. But I'm not from Dismal Deeps, wherever it is. I'm not sure where my world is related to this one, but another plane of existance would be a quick and easy way to explain where I come from." answers Kharas

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Captain Nyvh nods and turns to Anvuss and Fiora to ask:*

"Does this seem like pulling teeth to you too, or is it just me?"

*She turns back to Kharas.*

"Very well, then. Then when I ask 'Understood?', you will reply 'Yes, Captain'. Understood?"

*She waits for him to reply as indicated, then nods.*

"Good. Now then, what is your name? You realise that you have not introduced yourself yet. Lest I need to keep calling you 'Terrorist' or 'Stowaway'."

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss waits patiently for Kharas to make peace with the Captain. He heard an expression once, travelling through the lofty towers of Sharn that would also seem to apply here: "The first step's a doozey!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I mean, even OOC, she's not being unreasonable here. What would Anvuss or Kharas do if a possibly-dangerous fugitive stowed away on their ship? :lol: )

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I mean, even OOC, she's not being unreasonable here. What would Anvuss or Kharas do if a possibly-dangerous fugitive stowed away on their ship? :lol: )

ooc: As I recall, Kharas actually stowed away mostly on me, rather than on the ship. :) I agree that the Captain is acting reasonably according to her own perspective, and I hope Kharas will take a course of action that doesn't involve being made to walk the plank.

Assuming we get to morning, Anvuss will horde his newly regained infusions and begin smithing with his warforged repair kit. He will take 10, allowing him to heal 4 hp every 8 hours. If I'm correct and nonlethal damage is as difficult to heal as regular damage, he's got roughly two days work ahead of him buffing all the dents out of his hide.

Remove ads