BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

ajanders

Explorer
I'd rather not have a hiatus: either play it or end it gracefully with time served xp: we can just redline back to the Shard.

In three months, we won't remember where we were or what we were doing.

IamTheTest

First Post
I think it would be ideal to have someone run the game. If that isnt possible, then getting back to Sharn is my silver medalist. Id rather avoid a hiatus.

I just hope Fritz can face Brews' shameful gaze.

Also, I understand how life can be Bront...no hard feelings. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
I filled stonegod in a bit, he's got the twisted sense of humor to keep this up, and if things clear up, I might be back soon enough. I understand wanting things to move. You guys were the big reason I tried not to linger on deciding to bow out. It's easier to leave as a player than as a GM.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Everyone Okay, folks. I'll be reading the thread this weekend and hopefully getting things started. I'll also award some Time XP since the last time given.

Bront If there be any other XP, you'll have to award that methinks, though I can improvise a number. In addition, have 9 DM credits for 6/07-3/08.

stonegod

Okay, I've read the thread to date. Looks like no more battles, so its just time XP: 11/8 to 3/8 is 4 months

Rio: 600
Kenn: 400
Khoros: 200 (just enough for 2nd)
Tam: 600
Khuther: 400
Fritz: 400
Mardigan: 400

Everyone Is the consensus to get a cart? No one has investigated other means to get there. Mardigan knows that their destination is not served by lightning rail or trade road.

stonegod

Carts in Rekkenmark

While the others wander about the crowded metropolis, Kenn, Kuther, and Mardigan look to find some carts. Mardigan leads them off to the station on the side of the Korth-Rekkenmark trade road; while they will not be looking for stage travel, carts and such are not usually far behind.

Kuther's mercantile eye focuses on a back-alley mercantile of "S. and Son" that looks little more than a junkyard. However, the flattened mud and dirt in front of it indicate heavy traffic. Mardigan sees a battered but serviceable cart out front that may work.

An older, dark skin man spies the three at the threshold front a rickety chair near the office. "And what fi-ine merchandise can I be interesting you folks in this day?"

Moggthegob

First Post
Mardigan steps forward and shows the man his cloak " Hello, I am Mardigan d'Orien and I am on a transport journey. for these purposes I need to procure a cart and a couple mules to pull it."

stonegod

The old man clutches his heart as if in pain, though it is obvious he is putting you on. "Did you hear that, Lamont? House Orien is mov'n in on our scrap business! Going to put us out on the street so we have to beg for our food! Dear me! My heart isn't goin' to take this!"

A younger man, probably the 'Son' in 'S. and Son', emerges from the office with a roll of his eyes. "You know they aren't." He takes a look at the group. "Don't mind him."

The old man clutches his chest harder. "Oh, betrayed by my own flesh! Oh, Flame, I see you! I see you coming to take me home!"

Lamont shakes his head and sighs. "A cart? We got that beat up one out front, but it still works. It'll only take one mule though. We got an old betsy we can part with too. Twenty galifars for the lot."

The old man bangs on the chair with his free arm, feigning gasping for air. "And now he's givin' away Esther! That old bag's not good for anything, but she's still family."

Lamont does his best to ignore his father.

Remove ads