PFRPG Alpha - Rise of the Runelords AP

I'm not interested in joining but just wanted to say hi. I'm running a Pathfinder RPG playtest myself based on a published adventure from the last Dungeon HERE.

Hope you have fun with Burt Offerings. It's a fun one.

Branding Opportunity said:
I'm not interested in joining but just wanted to say hi. I'm running a Pathfinder RPG playtest myself based on a published adventure from the last Dungeon HERE.

Hope you have fun with Burt Offerings. It's a fun one.

Thanks! I'll check on the progress of your game, and see where some issues may develop. I appreciate your input.

I hope I can make it fun for the group. It is a great path.

Thanks again.

Walking Dad

First Post
Human paladin of Shelyn

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
Name: Sivan Calderon
Class: Paladin 1
Race: Human [?]
Size: Medium
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Shelyn

Str: 14 +2 (2p.)        Level: 1        XP: 0
Dex: 11 +0 (1p.)        BAB: +1         HP: 10 + 2 + 1 = 13
Con: 14 +2 (5p.)        CMB: +3/+7      Dmg Red: -
Int: 12 +1 (2p.)        Speed: 20'      Spell Res: -
Wis: 10 +0 (0p.)        Init: +0        Spell Save: -
Cha: 14 +2 (5p.)        ACP: -1         Spell Fail: -
(Racial bonus on Str)

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +6    +0     +1   +0    +0    +0    16   
Touch: 10              Flatfooted: 16  

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      2    +2          +4
Ref:                       0    +0          +0       
Will:                      0    +0    +1    +1

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical
Glaive                    +3     1d10+4     20x3      

Languages: Common, celestial

Abilities:
Aura of good
Detect evil
Smite evil 1/day (+2 to hit, +1 damage)

Feats:
County Born, Overhead Chop, Defensive Combat Training

Skill Points: 4
Skills                   Base  Mod  Misc  Class   Total
*Knowledge (Religion)      1    +1          +3   +5
*Diplomacy                 1    +2          +3   +5
*Craft                    1    +1          +3   +5
*Spellcraft                1    +1          +3   +5

Equipment: (240gp)
Glaive (8gp) (10lb)
Dagger (2gp) (1lb)
Spiked Gauntlet (5gp) (1lb)
Splint Mail (200gp) (45lb)
215gp

Backpack                  (2gp)    2lb
Holy Symbol (wooden)      1gp    --
Grappling Hook            1gp    4lb*
Traveler's clothes (free) (-)
4gp

Total Weight:68lb      Money:  21gp

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:                58    116   175  350   875

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 194lb
Eyes: Blue
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Gifted with a strong body and personality, Sivan was an oddity because of his strong lawful tendencies among his people, the Varisians.
Being also a strong lover of the arts, he was naturally driven to the teachings of Shelyn. As he tried to become part of her cleregy, the other priest soon realized, that he lacked the certain kind of wisdom to become a regular cleric. Instead, and noting his lawful tendencies, they urged him to become a paladin, protector of arts and artists alike.

Having formed a friendship with another 'odd' Varisian painter and would be wizard, Chaine, he choosed to stay with him in Sandport during his apprenticeship.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad said:
I would like to play a paladin.

I'm unsure between a dwarf (of Torag) or a human (Sarenrae).

Have you more information about these gods? Backgrounds, rites etc

I could PM you some info. I'm relecutant to post too much here on the public boards. Give me a little bit to put something together, and I'll send them your way.

The Rolling Man

First Post
I wouldn't mind getting into another Pathfinder game (I'm also in BrOp's game) but I'm not sure what I should play. Maybe I'll indulge in my own fascination with the starknife and make a Varisian fighter dual wielding them. Some sort of rogue or bard could be fun too.

Thanks for your interest. I'll add you to the list.

So far that makes five. I'm OK with five, but I'll give one more day for anyone else to sign up.

Go ahead and start making your characters, and post them here on this thread. I may make a Rogue's Gallery thread when you are all finished, but for now you can post some basics and I'll give you a few days to complete your characters.

Thanks again for joining me on this little venture. I'm looking forward to see what you guys come up with!

nonamazing

Explorer
The Rolling Man said:
I wouldn't mind getting into another Pathfinder game (I'm also in BrOp's game) but I'm not sure what I should play. Maybe I'll indulge in my own fascination with the starknife and make a Varisian fighter dual wielding them. Some sort of rogue or bard could be fun too.

I'm also interested in playing a Varisian. Perhaps we can link our character's backstories? A pair of loyal Varisian brothers or cousins might be an interesting concept.

Azor, I'm going to go ahead and scrap my previous idea of a druid character, since if other players are also interested and I don't want to put anyone out. I'm instead going to go with Wizard, which no one else has yet chosen.

Brief character concept (details to come):

Chaine, Varisian Wizard. While there are a number of Varisian sorcerers (some quite famous, in fact) and a considerable amount of Varisian bards, there are very few Varisian wizards. The Varisians are travellers, and not generally suited to the more sedentary life of a scholarly wizard. After all, the Varisians tend to think, if the magic doesn't come naturally to you, why go hunting for it in books?

Chaine is something of an exception. Both of his parents were sorcerers, and even as an infant, Chaine held a deep fascination and abiding love for the wonders of arcana.

Unfortunately, Chaine completely lacked any sort of magical talent. His parents watched him closely, hoping that he'd begin to spontaneously manifest a cantrip or two, perhaps accidentally setting the caravan on fire the way his father had at that age. But Chaine seemed to have not even a glimmer of magical talent.

But during one fateful summer, as Chaine's caravan passed through the sleepy seaside town of Sandport, his life changed. At a local tavern, Chaine tried to pick the pocket of an elderly man who turned out to be a wizard. The old man scared Chaine off with a well-chosen illusion, but the young Varisian lad came back the very next day, his curiosity getting the better of him. He eventually befriended the old man, learning that there were other ways to command the powers arcane than simply being born with it. It could be learned! And what's more, it could be taught.

Chaine spent an entire year thinking about it, and when his caravan next came through Sandport, Chaine stayed behind, becoming the wizard's apprentice.

I'll have a full character sheet up by tomorrow morning.

nonamazing said:
I'm also interested in playing a Varisian. Perhaps we can link our character's backstories? A pair of loyal Varisian brothers or cousins might be an interesting concept.

Azor, I'm going to go ahead and scrap my previous idea of a druid character, since if other players are also interested and I don't want to put anyone out. I'm instead going to go with Wizard, which no one else has yet chosen.

Brief character concept (details to come):

Chaine, Varisian Wizard.
<snip>

Very nice! I also like the idea behind brothers or cousins. If you guys can hash something out, run with it!

Walking Dad

First Post
nonamazing said:
I'm also interested in playing a Varisian. Perhaps we can link our character's backstories? A pair of loyal Varisian brothers or cousins might be an interesting concept...
Would you like a cousin, that is paladin of the deity of arts? ;)

We would be oddballs. Paladin sounds even more unlikely for a varisian than wizard.

Remove ads