PFRPG Alpha - Rise of the Runelords AP

The Rolling Man

First Post
I like the idea of being a cousin but I'm a bit afraid this character will end up too similar (in looks and/or personality) with my character in the other game. Also, I kidda like the idea of a 1/2 orc rogue with a big bad falchion.

At the same time, the idea I have for his background is a bit cliché ... still a toss up.

Bialaska

First Post
Walking Dad said:
How much gold can we spend at character creation?

In the first post:
Class - For experience, we'll use the medium advancement (from Table 4-1). For Hit Points, use the standard starting HP (Max at 1st level + your Con modifier). Max gold for each class.

Walking Dad

First Post
Bialaska said:
In the first post:
Class - For experience, we'll use the medium advancement (from Table 4-1). For Hit Points, use the standard starting HP (Max at 1st level + your Con modifier). Max gold for each class.
Oops, thanks.

jkason

First Post
In an odd bit of synchronicity, I just downloaded the alpha a few days ago and just finished reading through most of it (I rather skimmed the DM-specific things like how to make a critter), and it looks very fun. If there's still room, I'd like to throw my hat in. I'm really up for anything, if there's need. Maybe a monk or barbarian, though? I really like the idea of pooled points that come with rage and ki in the rules, and I'd like to try them out. But like I said, if there's an obvious lack in one area, I'd be cool with playing anything. :)

jason

Welcome aboard. I think six is the max I'd like to run, so I'm going to close recruitment for now. Any others will be listed as alternates should anyone change their mind.

I'd say go ahead and make the character you'd like to play. It seems we have a definite Wizard, either a cleric or paladin, and most likely a druid, so I don't think party balance would be an issue. It just means encounter adjustments on my part <insert evil laugh here>....

jkason

First Post
Azor Grimcleaver said:
Welcome aboard. I think six is the max I'd like to run, so I'm going to close recruitment for now. Any others will be listed as alternates should anyone change their mind.

I'd say go ahead and make the character you'd like to play. It seems we have a definite Wizard, either a cleric or paladin, and most likely a druid, so I don't think party balance would be an issue. It just means encounter adjustments on my part <insert evil laugh here>....

Uh-oh. What have I gotten myself into? ;)

Reading through the Runelords players guide, I got an idea for a half-orc monk that seems kind of neat and ready for some RP fun: his Shoanti mother ran off with him at birth to keep her tribe from killing him as well as his father from claiming him. They landed at an Irori monestary, where she taught him about his Shoanti heritage and the monks taught him how to control / channel the benefits of his orcish heritage. He's recently arrived back in Varisia by ship at Sandport with the goal of finding his human tribe and relaying the news of his mother's death. Of course, Mom wasn't quite forthcoming about how most humans (and the Shoanti specifically) view half-orcs, and living a literally sheltered life in the monestary has him sort of reeling from the culture shock.

I'll go ahead and start statting, and I can make changes if you decide this wouldn't work. BTW, would it be possible to swap out Orc for Shoanti in his automatic languages, given his background? No big deal if it's not, since it still works with his "I don't quite fit in" concept, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

jason

Remove ads