(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Sure, if you drop the Poison, I agree with LA of +1 and 1 hit dice that can be switched for a class level. Here's how it would go with the Homunculus Class Levels:

Level 0 (You have your first Warlock level, and this is before you take a level in Homunculus):

-2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha

Level 1: Flight 50 ft (good)
Sounds good to me, to clarify is the homunculi still a construct or is it an Incarnate Homunculi, in regards to the level where the homunculi can fly is that a psuedo level (i.e no other benefits like HD, saves, skills etc), and lastly how do you feel about the Homunculi keeping darkvision :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Sounds good to me, to clarify is the homunculi still a construct or is it an Incarnate Homunculi, in regards to the level where the homunculi can fly is that a psuedo level (i.e no other benefits like HD, saves, skills etc), and lastly how do you feel about the Homunculi keeping darkvision :D
It would be an Incarnate Construct, that level is for the LA, so no HD etc, and I would think that no special vision makes sense (based on Warforged).

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Way back a while you posted a list of dieties. I have a couple of questions about:
Rystil Arden said:
Chauntea: Agriculture, Farmers, Gardeners, Summer (NG)
Silvanus: Wild Nature, Druids (N)
Mielikki: Forest, Forest Creatures, Rangers, Dryads, Autumn (NG)
Eldath: Quiet Places, Springs, Pools, Peace, Waterfalls (NG)
Lurue: Talking Beasts and Intelligent Animals (CG)
Nobanion: Royalty, Lions and Feline Beasts, Good Beasts (LG)
Shiallia: Woodland Glades, Woodland Fertility (NG)

1. Do druids in your homebrew just worship nature and leave it at that? Or, as I suspect since druids are mentioned in the listing of Silvanus, do druids have the desire to name their gods and worship them in congunction with the nature they represent?

2. Now, assuming that the answer to 1 is that they name their deities, how do you feel about a character paying homage to a pantheon? Any special restrictions?

3. Assuming 2 is answered that a character can worship a pantheon, I was interested in the above deities in this order: Mielikki (NG), Shiallia (NG), Lurue (CG), Eldath (NG), Silvanus (N), Nobanion (LG), and Chautea (NG). [The last 3 are primarily just in there in case the others don't work out. If allowed a pantheon and the first 3 or four would not be a conflict of interest I would not use Silvanus to the end.]

I'll take any answer without preference, just wondering how to RP "spirituality" through Rhaka - because divine stuff is part of who she is.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Way back a while you posted a list of dieties. I have a couple of questions about:

1. Do druids in your homebrew just worship nature and leave it at that? Or, as I suspect since druids are mentioned in the listing of Silvanus, do druids have the desire to name their gods and worship them in congunction with the nature they represent?

2. Now, assuming that the answer to 1 is that they name their deities, how do you feel about a character paying homage to a pantheon? Any special restrictions?

3. Assuming 2 is answered that a character can worship a pantheon, I was interested in the above deities in this order: Mielikki (NG), Shiallia (NG), Lurue (CG), Eldath (NG), Silvanus (N), Nobanion (LG), and Chautea (NG). [The last 3 are primarily just in there in case the others don't work out. If allowed a pantheon and the first 3 or four would not be a conflict of interest I would not use Silvanus to the end.]

I'll take any answer without preference, just wondering how to RP "spirituality" through Rhaka - because divine stuff is part of who she is.
Some druids just worship nature and leave it at that. Many, however, particularly those who aren't quite True Neutral, find it to be preferrable to venerate nature through a deity that represents the manifestation of nature in which the druid believes.

As for the deities you picked, those first four are basically the entirity of the list of the servitor deities of Silvanus (the last one is Gwaerom Windstrom, ascended god of rangers, but he's not too druidic), and thus the aspects of nature, so they are a very good choice and certainly work well in conjunction (heck, legends say that when Mielikki rides into battle, she rides on her good friend and ally Lurue).

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(heck, legends say that when Mielikki rides into battle, she rides on her good friend and ally Lurue).

Good piece of info to know. I've been thinking about her ability score division and thinking that reverence to the divine (not like a cleric, though) would really explain the high WIS but low INT. If she knew the "myths" of the forest/animal deities and was able to talk to others through that genre - she could seem wise but not mentally quick. That was what I was going for. If you have any more nuggets of information like that (generalities, not specific stories - although I'll take those too!) and I am picked to play, I'd appreciate the knowledge. No need to put it up until after the selection happens.

Speaking of which ... anyone ever read the book "The Lottery?"

Edit: Oh, and I picked Mielikki because she is forest - but also because she is revered by rangers. I've noticed more than one ranger concept put up here. That can't hurt ... :)

Shayuri

First Post
If I recall my FR lore correctly, there are several deities explicitly connected with druidism...

You have:

Miellikki is probably the most common and most archetypical good druid goddess.
Silvanus is mainly for elves; I believe he's in the Seldarine. Rillifane also fits this mold.
Chauntea is popular for druids, as she represents the world itself, and is a very old goddess.
Selune is the moon, and is one of the two primordial goddesses, so she's got a following.
Malar's big with evil lycanthropes, but any evil druid who enjoys bestial ferocity can apply.
Talos is for the 'stormy' druids, who like teaching the unfaithful rather destructive lessons about revering nature's fury.

You have a few others, like Umberlee for nastier-tempered aquatic druids, Auril for "arctic" druids...etc. But those are fairly narrow and minor.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Silvanus is mainly for elves; I believe he's in the Seldarine. Rillifane also fits this mold.

That is not correct about Silvanus. He is a human god. In fact, (here's another one for you Nonlethal!) myths of Mielikki cause her to be revered by half-elves due to being thought to be the daughter of the human deity Silvanus and the elven goddess Hanali Celanil.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Good piece of info to know. I've been thinking about her ability score division and thinking that reverence to the divine (not like a cleric, though) would really explain the high WIS but low INT. If she knew the "myths" of the forest/animal deities and was able to talk to others through that genre - she could seem wise but not mentally quick. That was what I was going for. If you have any more nuggets of information like that (generalities, not specific stories - although I'll take those too!) and I am picked to play, I'd appreciate the knowledge.

Makes sense to me :) (See little tidbit above)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Seems well-built for me, except a tiny nitpick that you got Spot and Search mixed up for Int and Wis. I'll hold off on commenting on the rest until it's up, of course. Very nice of you, Bront :)
I did? Oops :eek:

I think I know what happened, got a little too copy and sort happy.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
It would be an Incarnate Construct, that level is for the LA, so no HD etc, and I would think that no special vision makes sense (based on Warforged).
What are your thoughts on a 1 HD Awakened Homunculi which doesn't have a poisonous bite or the ability to fly.

Going by the Savage Species that would have a LA of 0 due to the size (-1) and the construct traits (1).

The reason I ask is I really don't want to have to waste a psuedo level to get flight :eek: too be honest I'm in two minds about having the construct type, as that would mean no natural healing, but would make him hardy versus some types of attack.

Anyway I thought I'd ask, and find out what options are available to me before I complete the character sheet.

Remove ads