• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from Imagine Magazine

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, then:

DR 10/magic (or 15/magic ?)
bite +X melee (1d10+x+poison)
SLA: web (CL ?, DC ?)
Immunity to magic (Su): The black widow totem is immune to all spells and spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance, except as follows. Neutralize poison causes the black widow totem's poison to become inactive for one round if the totem fails its Will save.

Just my first thoughts...

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
DR 10/magic (or 15/magic ?)

Lets go with /adamantine. Back in the old days, magic was the only kind of "damage reduction", but it is rare for constructs nowadays.

freyar said:
bite +X melee (1d10+x+poison)

Sounds about right.

freyar said:
SLA: web (CL ?, DC ?)

From the spiderstone golem...

Spit Web (Su): A spiderstone golem can spit forth a web as a ranged touch attack (maximum range 90 feet, range increment 10 feet). A Large or smaller creature hit by this attack is entangled (-2 on attack rolls, -4 penalty to Dexterity, unable to move). An entangled creature attempting to cast a spell must succeed at a Concentration check (DC 15) to do so. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 26) or burst the web with a Strength check (DC 32). Both are standard actions. Once the golem spits a web, it can't spit another one until 1d4 rounds later.

freyar said:
Immunity to magic (Su): The black widow totem is immune to all spells and spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance, except as follows. Neutralize poison causes the black widow totem's poison to become inactive for one round if the totem fails its Will save.

One turn = 10 rounds, so change that ability to "one minute" and I think we're good to go.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ooops, I must have misread "turn" as "round" there when I did that.

What do we want to do with the abilities?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Downsizing the also spider-like retriever's ability scores to Small yields...

Str 11, Dex 23, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1

A Small monstrous spider has

Str 7, Dex 17

So maybe Str 11, Dex 17?

Remove ads