Up from the Dust: OOC [FULL]

Ashy

First Post
Here's a crazy little idea that I've been toying with... I know that we all here have characters that we've created for one game or another, and we really wanted to play those characters, but now the game for that character has gone the way of the dodo...

What I was thinking was this: I will run a game that will allow any character (regardless of level, class, alignment, or whatever) in a twisted little homebrew of my own creation. Here are the baseline rules:

1. Rule 0 is totally in effect; what I say goes, period.
2. The game would be centered around a core group of characters at a certain level, but all characters would be involved. For instance, I would make a group of 7th level characters be the "core group". All characters who were lower in level than that group would be followers, familiars, cohorts, etc. Also, all characters who were higher in level would be the benefactors, the enemies, etc., of those characters. This way, everyone would get to play...
3. In order to keep several different threads going (and actively involve several different layers of character groups) I will be heavily using spoiler tags. I require that these tags be respected.
4. Limit to one character per player
5. HARD REQUIREMENT for one post a day (sans weekends) - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot make this requirement, DO NOT APPLY. If you cannot post once a day, you will be booted from the game.

The "campaign world", for lack of a better term, would be some infusion of Oathbound, Planescape, and ideas for twisted demiplanes from my own mind (thus, allowing the potential for ever-increasing challenge on a whole range of character levels) while also providing the flexibility to involve all sorts of character classes, races, etc.

Any interest? If so, please post links to the characters you would like to play and we'll start chatting...

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Ashy,

This sounds like a great opportunity. The posting requirement is a bit harsh, but should not be a problem for me--except when EN World is down of course. ;) I have a 6th level human fighter that I was enjoying when the DM vanished from the boards back in August. He had been in a couple of encounters, but I dont' think we ever got exp. He should be well on his way to 7th level, so perhaps he can be in the core group. If not I would still be interested in playing in the second tier. The link is below. I don't know how to link to the specific post, but he is the first character posted--Larris Farvold.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1652355&postcount=2]Larris Farvold

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Scotley said:
The link is below. I don't know how to link to the specific post, but he is the first character posted--Larris Farvold.

Right click on the post number in the upper right conor of the post. :)

PS I went ahead and fixed your previous post for you. :)

Ashy

First Post
Please see the modification in my first post above. I want a post a day every day ON THE WEEKDAYS only. ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ashy said:
Please remember - post links to your characters. It will be first come, first served!

My first post has been edited... Probably way to powerful, and I can understand that. :) (At least I posted the previous non-gestalt version.)

Wyrm99

First Post
I would like to Join. I am a Newbie to Play by Post - but I have been playing D&D for about 20 years. I am currently in two 'live' games (DMing one). So If you don't mind showing me some ropes, I would like to try this. I have a 8th level rogue/bard. My sheet is in HTTP format. I attached the file within a zip file. Also below is Stat Text version.

Looking forward to this new way to play .

Milo, Male Halfling, Lightfoot Brd4/Rog4: CR 8; Small Humanoid (Halfling); HD 4d6+12(Bard) , 4d6+12(Rogue) ; hp 64; Init +5; Spd 20; AC:23 (Flatfooted:23 Touch:16); Atk +7/2 base melee, +12/7 base ranged; +12/7 (1d6+2, +2 Shortbow); +6/1 (1d4+1, +1 Dagger); +12/7 (1d4, Rapier); +12/7 (1d4, Sap); RF: +2 Bonus on Saves vs. Fear, +1 attack bonus with thrown weapons; AL CN; SV Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +5; STR 11, DEX 20, CON 16, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 14.
Skills: Bluff +10, Climb +2, Craft (Blacksmithing) +3, Diplomacy +9, Gather Information +7, Hide +17, Jump +4, Listen +1, Move Silently +13, Perform +13, Sleight of Hand +10, Speak Language +1, Tumble +12, Use Magic Device +7.

Feats: Armor Proficiency: light, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Weapon Finesse.
Spells Known (Brd 3/3/1): 0 -- Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation; 1st -- Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, Mage Armor, Sleep, Summon Monster I, Unseen Servant; 2nd -- Bull`s Strength, Pyrotechnics.
Possessions:
Weapons: +2 Shortbow (8,330 gp); +1 Arrows (20) (2,010 sp); Rapier (20 gp); +1 Dagger (2,302 gp); Sap (1 gp).
Armor: Leather (10 gp).
Shields: +2 Shield, small, steel (4,159 gp).
Goods: Backpack (2 gp); Bell (1 gp); Caltrops (1 gp); Candle (1 cp); Chalk, 1 piece (1 cp); Flint and steel (1 gp); Entertainer`s outfit (3 gp); Whetstone (2 cp).
Magic: Wondrous: Cloak of Hiding (2,000 gp); Wondrous: Amulet of natural armor (+2) (8,000 gp).

Attachments

• Milo.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, this sounds like fun. I have two characters that I really liked to play.

One of them was Roth Nosebreaker a 1st level vanilla human fighter with the attention span of a gnat. I modeled his behavior after Dory from Finding Nemo and he was the most fun I've had playing a character in while.

The other possibility is Jalen Isadore a 7th level FR cleric of Illmater who used feats from the Book of Exalted Deeds.

I can use whichever character would be easier to incorporate.

Remove ads