[Ravenloft] Grand Conjunction (This game is a go, still taking alts)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I think I'm finally going to try my hand at running a setting I've long loved, but never actually have gotten to play much at all.

This'll be using a hybrid of 3e and 3.5 (mostly 3.5, but the nuts and bolts of Ravenloft will be in 3rd, as that's the book I have). Characters can be from any world -- be it Freeport, Naranjan, Faerun, Eberron, Greyhawk, Krynn, whatever. Only core races, though. Alternatively, you can also be native to Ravenloft if you wish.

As the title says, this'll be the Grand Conjunction campaign, but in a different order. We'll be starting out with Night of the Walking Dead.

Looking for 4-5 players.

So now, let the recruitment commence!

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmm... gothic horror? Could be quite fun. My first experience with Ravenloft was very traumatic, but I'm sure you can up the ante on that for me. ;) Is it ok if one does not have the Ravenloft book?

What are character generation rules? Stat generation method? Hit points? Books available to be used? Level? Gold? Any house rules? :) I'm interested, but I have a bunch of ideas bumping around in my head, and I want to see if I can narrow them down.

Hawken

First Post
I'd be interested in playing!

Are you taking just the first 4-5 people to say "Pick me!"? Or will there be some method you will use to choose your players?

I've got quite a few ideas in my head about this too! I hope you'd consider me.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Is it ok if one does not have the Ravenloft book?
Of course. There may be some minor modifications, especially in the realm of class abilities, but you'll find them out as you use them.

What are character generation rules? Stat generation method? Hit points? Books available to be used? Level? Gold? Any house rules?
House rules -- nope.

Stat gen -- standard 4d6, drop lowest. Gold is standard as well for what's listed for your class.

HP -- max + CON (starting at Level 1, woohoo ;))

Books -- Core, of course, plus variant races out of the FRCS, and the Artificer class and races from the Eberron CS.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Hawken said:
Are you taking just the first 4-5 people to say "Pick me!"?
More or less -- anyone after that goes on the alt list, added if anyone needs to drop, yadda yadda. Standard stuff. ;)

Just letting both of you (and anyone else who chimes in) know, I might not be starting this for a week or so yet -- work's going to start getting a little crazy with another holiday coming up.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Count me in, but I've only got two ideas compared to everyone else's bunches. Either a druid with a big stick or a paladin with a big sword. Variations on a theme I guess.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmm... Quite interesting... what shall I be? I'm a cleric in a few games, and a fighter in a few others, so not those...

Barbarian possibly, but that could get me killed in Ravenloft, so probably not. I'm a caster in a couple games, so probably not that. Hmm... leaves me with monk, ranger, rogue, paladin, druid, or bard. Courage could be quite useful in Ravenloft, so bard is a possibility. Hmmm... yes, that intrigues me mightily. A bard I shall be. What race though? Not dwarf, not half-orc, not gnome... Halfling? Perhaps... Human is always a viable possibility... I want a red-blooded bard, so not an elf.

Human or half-elf? Extra feat and skill points, or various skill-related abilities... Hmm...

Human bard I shall be. :)

Hawken

First Post
I've just posted on the boards here, I've never played a game here. Where do we make our characters? How do we roll dice? Do we play here or are you just here to get players and we play at another web site?

I've played online D&D at www.playbyweb.com but I didn't think this site could do something like that.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Oh... Ravenloft. Count me in. I wish to play a Wizard with a specialization in Necromancy. But he's Netural good. He should be fun to play being a sort of ancestor worshiper and having to deal with the undead in a way he's not used to.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hawken, I'm guessing because Andrew didn't post an electronic dice roller that he trusts us to roll our own physical dice. For characters, we will post those in the forum called "Rogue's Gallery," once Andrew makes a thread for the purpose of his game. We will eventually play here at this site, on the "Playing the Game" forum.

Remove ads