[Ravenloft] Grand Conjunction (This game is a go, still taking alts)

Hawken

First Post
It's already after Christmas, but I'm ready to go right now.

Are we going straight into the adventure? If so, will we already know each other or will we be meeting for the first time? Or are we going to start off these first posts meeting and establishing why we all are together? I suppose I'll find out soon enough with the first post made. I was just thinking about this with the first post coming up.

We can start soon, I'm not celebrating christmas (I'm Israeli)
So from my point of view, whatever you want folks.
My Caliban is ready to strike ...
About the character meeting - Dm's choice.

+ I've updated my Caliban, this time i bought some potions with my money.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Then starting once I gather the post together it is! As to the beginning, I was thinking of just throwing you all in one place and letting you sort it all out. ;)

Domain-wise, we'll be starting out in Souragne (one of my favorite domains, behind Mordent).

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Just letting you know: I'll make some skill rolls for you (things like Spot, where it would be something akin to a spoiler telling you to make them), but some things like Knowledge, etc. you guys'll make.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hawken wrote:
This is all OOC here:

That's two of you now that call my previous post a tirade. There was nothing angry or violent in that post to qualifiy it as a tirade, unless you just use that word to refer to anyone who talks back to you or presents you with logical reasoning. A long post is not a tirade. I'm way tired of this argument and I don't care for it to continue--hopefully our DM will get us to the village soon.

As far as the croc goes: 1) You all attacked it. It did not attack, it was only swimming toward us. 2) No one else even tried to run. 3) Crocs can't outrun people on land, at least not in D&D. This I looked up after the encounter just to satisfy my curiosity--MM has its land speed as 20', and with the head start you all would have had if you left the water instead of closing to attack, there's no way it would have reached any of you. 4) I'm all for a good fight, but my character is against unnecessary violence which is why she is being vocal about her opposition to the group's penchant for attacking, and I personally was against it for the total lack of strategy or tactics involved. Had there been other crocs involved that no one else saw, your characters would be rotting at the bottom of the swamp until they decomposed enough for the crocs want to eat you.

Why are you all thinking my character is an elf? Soulsong is the only elf here.

End Quote.

I'm sorry you feel ganged up on but you sort of are making this an issue. Realisticly thinking your in the middle of unknown territory and in the water. A crocodile approaches you.... It's not there to shake youre hand and say "howdy".

You have your character chastizing the others because they did the correct thing and killed a "monster" that was going to attack us. It's not like Andrew said a croc looks on from a distance or anything so innocent. it was headed towards the party.

Even if your character was against harming the croc she surely cannot be against people taking the precaution to keep themselves safe in the wild. This is Dungeons and Dragons not P.E.T.A. get over it.
End Argent's Rant.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
My two cents on what seems like a bit of party conflict.

a) in a way I think it's good. It's allowing for some good roleplaying -- that's the way I look at it. I'm definitely all for a healthy bit of conflict. If the characters got along all the time, well, that wouldn't be any fun.

b) in a way, I think we need to keep in mind that of the party, only Benara and Gorgamesh are natives. The outworlders were all the ones attacking -- and Gorgamesh, but he's a barbarian, it's what he does. They didn't know that sometimes in Ravenloft, attacking's not the best option.

Heck, if this were The Beastlands, that could've been the Darklord (a domain with the world's dumbest Darklord, IMHO -- a dang talking crocodile, for Pete's sake). *impish grin*

c) overall, if the initiatives had come up differently and the crocodile had had an action, it would have attacked. So I guess in a way, chalk up to my habit of not always keeping to the "animals don't usually attack" thing.

But in closing, I vote that we just put this little bit of conflict behind us and move on.

Komodo

First Post
Hey, if there's still room open, I'd be very interested in playing. I, too, love the setting, but have never really gotten to play.

Remove ads