Where did these monsters appear?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I’m curious to know all the appearances of the following monsters (full stat block and description, unless the original appearance is less than that), and what year the products came out in. I know of at least one appearance of each, but I suspect most if not all of them had more than one:

Fachan – Forgotten Realms version (MC11, 1991)
Verbeeg (1E MM2, Monstrous Manual)
Oil Beetle (D&D Basic – 1977 or 1978?)
Thoul (D&D Basic)
Urd (MC2, Monstrous Manual)
Verme (1E MM2, MCA2)

loki44

Explorer
Sorry, can't help you out, but I'm just curious as to how and why you singled out these particular monsters and/or why you desire to see earlier versions than those which you've listed?

cildarith

Explorer
BOZ said:
I’m curious to know all the appearances of the following monsters (full stat block and description, unless the original appearance is less than that), and what year the products came out in. I know of at least one appearance of each, but I suspect most if not all of them had more than one:

Hi BOZ!

Fachan: Dragon #89 September 1984 (Creature Catalog I)

The rest are correct as far as I know ... which isn't much. :uhoh:

loki44

Explorer
Ahhhh.....
I see. Creature Catalog. I'm relatively new around here so I didn't make the connection. My interest is piqued now.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
loki44 said:
Sorry, can't help you out, but I'm just curious as to how and why you singled out these particular monsters and/or why you desire to see earlier versions than those which you've listed?

earlier versions, or later versions. i tried not to make it sound like i was only asking for the first appearance of these critters - i'll gladly take the more recent ones as well. :)

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2133225&postcount=964 (we've already got our 10 for now, by the way)

i just like to have my sources in order, that's all.

Staffan

Legend
BOZ said:
earlier versions, or later versions. i tried not to make it sound like i was only asking for the first appearance of these critters - i'll gladly take the more recent ones as well. :)
In that case, I'm pretty certain the Verbeeg was in the 2e MC2 (the first supplement to the looseleaf binder), and that the Thoul was in the Mystara MC appendix.

Orius

Legend
Fachans appeared in both the Celts historical suppliment, and in the Savage Coast CS, but I believe there were some fairly significant differences between the two versions.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
BOZ said:

Verbeeg (1E MM2, Monstrous Manual)
Oil Beetle (D&D Basic – 1977 or 1978?)
Thoul (D&D Basic)
Urd (MC2, Monstrous Manual)
Verme (1E MM2, MCA2)

Great Scott! I barely even remember any of these critters.

Remove ads