Maure Castle OOC (Full)

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Greetings one and all!

I've been reading the mega-adventure Maure Castle, released last summer in Dungeon Magazine, and it simply looks too fun not to give it a try! I'd like to DM this beast, if I can find four willing sacrificial lambs....I mean, brave adventurers. :]

The starting character level is 12th, but I don't want to get into the nitty-gritty of character creation yet. I just need to know if the interest is out there. Before deciding to throw your hat in the ring, you should know the following....

This is an old-school adventure in the truest sense....an extensive dungeon crawl that is enormously challenging and deadly. Maure Castle was originally designed by Gary Gygax and Rob Kuntz, so that should tell you what you need to know (although this version is updated for D&D 3.5). Make sure this is something you're into before you reply. Character death is very probable, and players who have experience with nasty, high-level meat grinder-type dungeons would do best. Historical knowledge of the world of Greyhawk would also be a boon, though not mandatory.

If this does indeed sound like your cup o' tea, give a shout. I think this will be a tremendously cool game, with the right players.

Thanks!
Heinz

Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Okay, that's two interested parties in a span of about 2 milliseconds. :)

Here's what we need to do, since I don't want this to be a first-come, first-served type of thing.

Can interested parties please refer me to some other PBP game threads that you are participating in (either as player or DM)? Threads on ENWorld would be great, but links to other sites would also be fine. I really want to get a feel for what I can expect from prospective players before making my decisions.

edit: Actually, Voadam, your pedigree pretty much speaks for itself, looking at your reviews, longevity, and post count. You're in!

Thanks!
Heinz

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Krauss, I'm interested. There's a link in my sig to the PbP games I play and DM. Hopefully that should give you an idea of what kind of player I am. :)

JimAde

First Post
Me too me too! :)
See my sig for games I'm in.

I haven't played a game like this before, nor do I know much about Greyhawk, but I've always wanted to do a higher-level "classic" type game. Sounds great (even if I get killed).

Insight

Adventurer
I'd be interested as well. The PbP game I am running on EN World is in my sig. Here is a link to a Grim Tales game in which I am a player.

EDIT: I am fairly knowledgeable on Greyhawk (and I have all four parts of the new map they put out in Dungeon :lol: ), and would like to see what I could do with a high level character in such an advanture. Sounds like an interesting and worthwhile challenge.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Cool. If you want to get a feel for some of the games I've played in you can check out Orkjaeger, Indypendant's Sunless Citadel, World of Warcraft, and Ashy's Oathbound in the playing the game forum.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Okay, I've seen enough.....

Voadam, Isida, JimAde, and Insight......you're all in. (With apologies to Wystan).

You four are active posters with a wealth of experience....in short, exactly the kind of players I was hoping to attract.

Welcome! Let's have some fun!

You guys/gals start throwing out some conceptual character ideas. I'll have more specifics on the character creation rules shortly. For now, you should know that I'm willing to consider just about any WoTC published rules source, so long as you cite everything that is non-core, and are prepared to explain the crunchy tidbits if I don't own that book.

Questions? Fire away!

Thanks!
Heinz

Voadam

Legend
I am fairly familiar with 1e grayhawk and ran a campaign there for years. I own but have not thoroughly read the 1e Maure castle (got it as a cheap pdf with a bunch of others and skimmed the Iconic PC sections, not the adventure itself) and do not get dungeon, although I wanted to pick this one up when I heard about it, just got to the waldenbooks too late and they had gone to the next issue.

I am happy with core rules only, WotC only, or anything with DM approval for sourcebooks. Just let me know the character creation guidelines you want.

Remove ads