Maure Castle OOC (Full)

Voadam

Legend
Kraus, since you are new to the boards and this is presumably your first pbp DMing do you want us to keep things relatively simple and avoid leadership, familiars, animal companions, etc. to reduce the bodies (and resulting accompanying rolls) to keep track of?

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
Kraus, since you are new to the boards and this is presumably your first pbp DMing do you want us to keep things relatively simple and avoid leadership, familiars, animal companions, etc. to reduce the bodies (and resulting accompanying rolls) to keep track of?

No, I don't think that's necessary. Go ahead and take advantage of every possible assist you can get. You'll need it.

Besides, one of the things I like about PBP is that it affords the luxury of slowing down to review rulebooks, take notes, etc....the sort of thing that really hinders face-to-face role-playing.

That said, I will encourage you to remind me of any- and everything that's worth knowing about your PCs consistently, just so I don't make any mistakes. :)

-Heinz

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
I'm at work so don't have the books. They basically give you dragon-based abilities (mostly combat) like natural armor, energy resistance, a minor breath weapon, etc. I will almost certainly be using a prestige class from the same book (though I don't know which one) since taking straight sorcerer levels just HURTS. :) I will work on the character tonight and post more info and questions then.

Since I don't know Greyhawk well, the character's background will be pretty generic but I'll try to make it at least somewhat interesting. As a sorcerer I'll have a big charisma and may end up taking the Leadership feat if that's OK with you (haven't decided yet). If I do that, do you want me to write up my cohort as well, or would you prefer to do it?

I'm really looking forward to this. Should be fun.

Sure, that stuff from Complete Arcane sounds fine. You can go ahead and create your own cohort, and I'll review it for approval.

As for background, don't worry about it too much. It probably will be simplest if we say that the PCs are already established as an adventuring company of some renown, and based out of the City of Greyhawk. I'll throw a plot hook or two at you, but the general idea is to start out at the dungeon's door, so to speak. That's the type of adventure this is. Any detail that you want to fill in leading up to that point is a welcome bonus.

-Heinz

Voadam

Legend
Wystan said:
So with that sort of ruling I guess I will never get to play a PbP game. No priors.. :(

Keep checking the boards Wystan, in my experience most DMs allow players in on a first to post interest, first serve basis without regard for past posting. Each DM can have different player requirements though. Keep searching and you will probably find something here to join. That's how it was for me.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Wystan said:
So with that sort of ruling I guess I will never get to play a PbP game. No priors.. :(

I'm very apologetic about this....

And, please don't feel that you'll never get to play in a pbp. I've actually given thought to running a game specifically for newcomers. Who knows, I may just get to that one of these days.

For this particular adventure, however, that prior experience is a must. Trust me, this adventure will be quite lethal even for knowledgable and savvy players.

You'll find a game for you if persevere. I truly am sorry that this wasn't it.

-Heinz

Insight

Adventurer
Cool, I kinda wanted the sneaky role when I first read about this game! The trick is, well for me, are there any considerations of which we should be aware, especially in terms of how we get into the adventure?

For example, let's say I wanted to play a monster race, or have some sort of unusual class, is there anything I shouldn't try to do (that would hamper us getting into the adventure)... I would like to try something slightly out of the ordinary, and I wanted to make sure it would be doable.

Thanks for the invite by the way!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Wystan, I have and am currently running games for people new to Play by Post gaming. Trust me, you'll be able to get in some games. Just keep looking.

Insight

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Insight, what do you want, clerical role or sneaky role? I have concepts for both.

I wanna be a sneak! Plus, with some of the things brewing in my head right now for this game, you guys probably don't want me to play the 'spiritual advisor'! I'd be better off as the 'guy with questionable morals'.

Not that I can't play a Cleric... I'm just of a more 'grey area' mindset today. I have to offset all the stuff I do in the 'goody-goody' game :lol:

Remove ads