• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle OOC (Full)

Voadam

Legend
Since I will be the tank/warrior in the four person group I'll consider taking one to four levels of fighter or some other warrior class (paladin?) to get the heavy armor and higher BAB.

Kraus, since the code and alignment restrictions of the paladin class are not there as a mechanical balance for the paladin class, would you mind if I dropped that part of the class. I like playing good guys but having the potential of disagreements with a DM about ethics or how to play my PC with loss of powers resulting I find no fun. No sweat if you are not comfortable dropping those mechanical risks for roleplaying restrictions, I'll consider just the fighter multiclass route then.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
Cool, I kinda wanted the sneaky role when I first read about this game! The trick is, well for me, are there any considerations of which we should be aware, especially in terms of how we get into the adventure?

For example, let's say I wanted to play a monster race, or have some sort of unusual class, is there anything I shouldn't try to do (that would hamper us getting into the adventure)... I would like to try something slightly out of the ordinary, and I wanted to make sure it would be doable.

Thanks for the invite by the way!

You're welcome!

We'll say that you're already an adventuring company, and renowned enough to have earned the respect of Greyhawk's resident bigshots (Mordenkainen, Bigby, et al). Basically, they'll be sending you on a little errand...;)

So, the sky's really the limit for trying something unusual! (Although just as a caveat, I've never really been a big fan of monstrous PC races....if that matters to you.)

edit: I should clarify, by 'monstrous' I'm referring to races that are traditionally evil, and antagonistic to PCs, like orcs, trolls, etc. Good or neutral oriented races could be open to consideration, depending on what you have in mind.

-Heinz

Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
Since I will be the tank/warrior in the four person group I'll consider taking one to four levels of fighter or some other warrior class (paladin?) to get the heavy armor and higher BAB.

Kraus, since the code and alignment restrictions of the paladin class are not there as a mechanical balance for the paladin class, would you mind if I dropped that part of the class. I like playing good guys but having the potential of disagreements with a DM about ethics or how to play my PC with loss of powers resulting I find no fun. No sweat if you are not comfortable dropping those mechanical risks for roleplaying restrictions, I'll consider just the fighter multiclass route then.

I agree with you, Voadam. I am not heavy-handed or restrictive about alignments. As long as your character stick consistently to his general 'good guy' mindset, he could certainly multi-class as a paladin without fear of ability loss.

-Heinz

Voadam

Legend
Krauss von Espy said:
3. Hit Points....Maximum at first level. Thereafter, Half a hit die plus 2 (for d8HD or larger), or half a hit die plus 1 (for d6HD or smaller). In all cases, add CON bonuses as normal.

Heinz

Half a hit die round up or down? ie is a d10 half, 5.5, come out to 5 or 6 before the additions?

Insight

Adventurer
Voadam said:

Voadam, there are alternate Paladin types in Unearthed Arcana if you have that. I believe there's a CG one and a few evil ones.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Krauss, I just had a smashing idea for a character, but I need to run it by you first. I want to take the feat Devout Faith and Vow of Silence from Malhavoc Press' Book of Hallowed Might. Would this be acceptable?

Essentially I wanted my character to have had a deep religious experience at a young age. She heard angels singing, which inspired her to be a priest. She believes if she is silent her whole life, she will be able to hear the angels again, if she is devout enough.

Voadam

Legend
The concept is coming together more.
Mindblade 8, paladin 4, sort of a psiknight from Rifts, minus the cyberware.

Combat, psionic, and divine feats are his feat focus.

I don't have the details in front of me but is the spell less paladin from Complete Warrior an option? I think they get a power every time they would get a new spell level.

point buy 32

str 10 =16+2 level 4,8 = 18
dex 4=12
con 10=16
int 0=8
wis 0=8
cha 8=15+1 level 12=16

So 10 hp for first level, (+5+2)x11+ 12xcon = 113 hp.

I think I will be going human.

Two psionic feats that catch my eye are psionic weapon and greater psionic weapon.

Voadam

Legend
Insight said:
Voadam, there are alternate Paladin types in Unearthed Arcana if you have that. I believe there's a CG one and a few evil ones.

But I believe they all have codes you can lose your powers over. I have no problem taking a LG archetype or character concept, it is the DM/player different interpretation of codes and alignment in general with mechanical game penalties that I want to avoid.

Voadam

Legend
Krauss von Espy said:
I agree with you, Voadam. I am not heavy-handed or restrictive about alignments. As long as your character stick consistently to his general 'good guy' mindset, he could certainly multi-class as a paladin without fear of ability loss.

-Heinz

Sounds good, thanks. Paladin smiter of evil good guy concept it is. A hero concept but not a selfless martyr or overly merciful one. Not that I expect this to come up in a classic dungeon crawl.

Remove ads