Final Resting Place - (Closed)

Verbatim

Explorer
It has taken me a long time to muster up the courage to run a game online, but the time has come for me to go ahead and try.

We will do the majority of our OOC talking here, and if possible if there is something that is OOC and you want to post it on the game thread, please use the spoiler blocks.

Lets try to get the char sheets ready for a kick-off Tues, as my Memorial Day weekend is going to be spent far away from any computers..:)

I am also going to go make the RG thread after I post this, so as the chars come in, feel free to help your future team members (potentially), by giving their sheet a second set of eyes.

Things I want from the game

I want to give you guys a good story and a good adventure. I will be the first to admit that I am not a great numbers guy, so if you get an e-mail from me asking if I botched your attack, please bare with me.

Things you want from the game

You guys will have to tell me this one, as I may think I am doing great and in reality I am sucking the joint up. Please let me know if I do something you all like, or don't like...

So, with that in mind, the OOC thread is open and feel free to either ask me questions here or via e-mail.

Also, since those new to this concept have no idea what in the hell I am talking about, could you guys please state your char name and profession, as well as anything else you would like to include.

Once the RG thread is up, feel free to put the full char sheet there.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Heya Verbatim. As you know, I'll be digging up an old character I had used on the boards nearly two years ago. As that game didn't last but all of a few weeks I felt it was time to give him another try. The character sheet is finalized I think, just needs your go ahead to post in the RG:

Nilbalion ‘Shadowleaf’ Sa’Avariel
Male Moon Elf Ranger 3
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Shar
Region: The High Forest
Height: 6' 1''
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair: Silver-white
Eyes: Red
Skin: Albino

Str: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Dex: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 racial]
Con: 12 (+1) [6 points, -2 racial]
Int: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
+2 Dex, -2 Con, Medium size, Low-light vision, Immunity to magical sleep effects, +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects, +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, Elven secret door sense (5 feet)

HP: 23
AC: 18 (+4 Dex, +4 armor [MW Chain Shirt]) / 19 with Dodge feat
Touch: 14
Flat-Footed: 14
Init: +4 (+4 Dex)
Speed: 30ft.

Saves:
Fortitude: +4 [+3 base, +1 Con]
Reflex: +7 [+3 base, +4 Dex]
Will: +3 [+1 base, +2 Wis]

BAB: +3
Melee Atk: +6 (1d8+3 19/20 x2, +1 longsword)
Melee Atk: +5 (1d6+2 19/20 x2, short sword)
Melee Atk: +4/+3 (1d8+3 19/20 x2, +1 longsword / 1d6+2 19/20 x2, short sword)
Ranged Atk: +7 (1d8+2 x3/110 ft., mighty composite longbow (+2))

Skills:
Climb +3 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -1 AC, +2 feat]
Concentration +1 [0 ranks, +1 Con]
Heal +2 [0 ranks, +2 Wis]
Hide +9 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, -1 AC]
Jump +1 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -1 AC]
Listen +6 [2 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]
Move Silently +9 [6 ranks, +4 Dex, -1 AC]
Perform (Dance) +5 [5 ranks (CC)]
Ride +4 [0 ranks, +4 Dex]
Search +8 [6 ranks, +2 racial]
Spot +10 [6 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]
Swim +0 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -2 AC]
Use Rope +4 [0 ranks, +4 Dex]

Feats:
Treetopper (Free Regional feat)
Track (1st level Ranger bonus feat)
Endurance (3rd level Ranger bonus feat)
Two Weapon Fighting (2nd level Combat Style)
Simple Weapon Prof. (Ranger)
Martial Weapon Prof. (Ranger)
Light Armor Prof. (Ranger)
Shield Prof. (Ranger)
Dodge (1st level)
Combat Reflexes (3rd level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Chondathan

Animals:

Shadar – Light Horse (75 gp)
Carrying – 118 lbs. (Light Load)

Light Load – 150 lbs. or less
Medium Load – 151-300 lbs.
Heavy Load – 301-450 lbs.

~(On Horse)
Bit & Bridle (2 gp, 1 lb.)
Military Saddle (20 gp, 30 lbs.)
Saddlebags (4 gp, 8 lbs.)
Containing:
~
Feed (7 days) (35 cp, 70 lbs.)
Grappling Hook (1 gp, 4 lbs.)
Rope, Silk (50 ft.) (10 gp, 5 lbs.)
~

Equipment:

+1 Longsword (2,315 gp, 4 lbs.)
Short Sword (10 gp, 2 lbs.)
Mighty Composite Longbow (+2) (Regional, 3 lbs.)
40 Arrows (2 gp, 2 lbs.)
Explorer’s Outfit (10 gp, 8 lbs.)
MW Chain Shirt (250 gp, 25 lbs.)
Arachnid Sash (Treat as Slippers of Spider Climbing)
Belt Pouch (1 gp, ½ lb.)
Belt Pouch (1 gp, ½ lb.)
Waterskin (1 gp, 4 lbs.)

Weight:
Carrying – 49 lbs. (Light Load)

Light – 58 lbs. or less
Medium – 59 – 116 lbs.
Heavy – 117 – 175 lbs.

Money:
1 gp, 65 cp

Background:
Nilbalion, or Shadowleaf, as he prefers to be called (if he prefers to be called at all), believes he was chosen at a young age by the Dark Goddess, Shar. For what purpose, he is not sure, but takes great comfort in his Mistress’ shadowy embrace. Perhaps her moniker ‘Lady of Loss’ presents a clue, for loss has been a great part of Shadowleaf’s existence. Being the result of forced conception between a mad sorcerer and his mother destroyed any chance of him having a normal upbringing. To make matters worse, experiments performed on him while still in the womb caused his affliction of albinism which would lead to further ostracizing from society later in life. If that were not enough, his mother died during his birthing and for decades after his father continued his magical experiments. What further damage this may have done to Shadowleaf’s physiology is not known.

His natural aversion to the sun and any excessive light caused Shadowleaf to seek solace in the darkest areas of the dungeon in his father’s tower when he was not “needed”. This is where he imagines that Shar found him; that she guided him through the dark dungeon, to a hidden spot where even his father did not remember. It was there that he found, in a secret stash, a luxurious black silk sash. Upon tying it around his waist he discovered that he could stick to walls and ceilings, much like a spider. He considered this a gift from Shar and an opportunity for freedom as well. Crawling along the ceilings of the tower and keeping to the shadows in which much of his trust became placed, he managed to sneak past his father’s guardian constructs and flee the tower, never to return.

Unfortunately, escaping from his father introduced new problems in Shadowleaf’s life; mainly being, interaction with civilization. He had never been allowed to leave the tower growing up and so, as a result, was totally alienated from society. His father had at least taught him the few languages common to his region and race, but barely that. Consequently, another side effect of the experiments left his vocal chords irrevocably damaged, to a point where most of his speech tends to escape his lips as a hoarse whisper.

Possessing nothing but the tattered rags he wore and the gift from Shar, his first priority was to find food and shelter. He took to trapping animals and skinning them with crudely serrated rocks for food and clothing. Eventually he started selling the pelts in nearby cities for enough money to buy better tools, weapons and clothing. Presently, Shadowleaf dresses in multitudes of black clothing and differing shades of gray, the best suitable for his connection with the shadows around him. He wears a finely-crafted chain shirt underneath his clothing and constantly keeps himself draped in a large black, voluminous cloak; his hood drawn protectively over his head, keeping his sensitive red eyes from direct light of any kind. At his waist, under his treasured gift from his goddess are strapped two belt pouches, both situated at his back, hidden behind his cloak, and also two sword belts, which sheath his weapons of choice; one of which, is a magical long sword gained by besting a mercenary in combat, who he believes was sent by his father to retrieve him. A quiver rests at his hip and a longbow is slung over his shoulder. Over the years his language skills have improved somewhat, as to almost appear normal to people who’ve lived civilly their whole lives, but on the whole, Shadowleaf’s anti-social nature leaves it to no real consequence.

Foremost, he remains deathly loyal to Shar; grateful to her for his freedom, as well as having something familiar to fill his life with. It comes to no surprise then, that he is a very secretive person and is generally rather mistrustful of others; partly because of his relationship with his goddess and his misfortunate upbringing, leaving him wary of all those he has not dealt with on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Majin: Looks good to me, but I am curious about one thing. Although he pays lip service to Shar, does he have a symbol to her? If so, is it the traditional dark moon symbol or something he perhaps has designed to represent his feelings to her?

Or does he keep his worship truly secret and shun the concept of wearing a symbol to her?

Other than that, go ahead and post it on the RG thread.

Final Resting Place Chars

Majin

First Post
No, no holy symbol for him. Because he was never officially ordained by clergy of Shar at anytime in his life and believes he was "found" by her personally it has always been a personal thing for him. Though he is devoted to her, he does not feel he needs to display it to the world.

As secrets does Shar keep & appreciate, so does Shadowleaf. ;)

Verbatim

Explorer
Majin: Rog, just wanted to check before I assumed.

Isida: Dagger should be d4 vice d4-1, unless you want to hit things for less..:)

Also, same question I asked Majin about the holy symbol, is your faith strong enough to wear a symbol, or do you pay more of a lip service homage?

Verbatim

Explorer
DarkMaster: I also need to know if you want the heirloom item to be a weapon, armor, or a misc item. You can either let me know here, or off list.

Bobitron

Explorer
Just popping in to give you a great big "Good luck", Verbatim. You are a good writer, so I'm these folks are in great hands.

Remove ads