Crypt of Crimson Stars

Krauss von Espy

First Post
The waiting area is cramped and the chairs uncomfortable. It hardly seems like the sort of accomodations one would expect in the office of Tophran Damilek, a man reputed to be one of the foremost autorities of Dragonshards in all of Sharn. Still, Ezala, the elderly gnomish woman working as Tophran's secretary is pleasant enough. "Good morning, please be seated. Tophran will be with you very shortly, it won't be long at all."

Looking about the waiting room offers a glimpse at the other adventurers who have answered Tophran's summons. A very interesting and diverse lot indeed....

(OOC: Here's the establishing shot. Introduce your character with a nice, detailed description. It would be good to have the PCs get to know each other a bit through conversation and introductions as they wait. I'm pumped...this should be a lot of fun!)

Last edited:

cool hand luke

First Post
A small gnome sits in the far corner of the room, knees pulled to chest, a large, tattered grey nondescript cloak is wrapt around his body, leaving only his face exposed. He has a large, hawkish nose, and receeding hair, behind one ear is a smudge of what appears to be green face paint, that he didn't quite get wiped off. He sits quietly, attentively observing all those in the room, maybe giving a slight nod at any that pay him particular attention, but generally keeping to himself.

eabha

First Post
Sitting back in her chair, the dark-haired young woman fussily picks a bit of lint from her newish breeches and looks around. She is smartly dressed all in black and quite striking, though individually her features seem somewhat out of proportion. Her brown eyes are almost too large, and her high, wide forehead is hardly balanced by a small chin. Even a casual glance reveals that her upper lip is distinctly fuller than the lower one. Then, meeting the gaze of the gnome sitting wrapped up in his cloak, she flashes a brilliant smile and all the pieces of her face seem to fall into place.

Prof Yeti

First Post
A some what burly dwarf with a rather short beard leans against the wall between the door and Damilek. Thought hard to tell with dwarves, he looks rather young. His gaze seems to sweep around the room constantly, though rarely locking gazes for long, he seems to be addressing each person with a simple nod. The dark explorer's garb he wears looks functional if non-descript, but over that he is adorned in a shirt of mail that looks of mithral. In the seat beside him rests a large shield, of the same material as the chain shirt, over a what appears to be a backpack.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Hookfang Half Ord Druid

Is it a grin? You're not quite sure, but the mouth is displaying jagged rows of pointy teeth. A large hooked tusk juts from either side of his the huge mouth, each looking decayed and cracked but upon closer inspection (not too close you're not sure if he might bite) you see that they are actually carved and engraved with runes and symbols. The skull of some horrid beast protects his head and his face is shaded with various hued inks giving the half-orc's (for surely that is what he is) features a decidedly alien cast. His eye (yes he only has one, where the other should be is a ragged hole) roams around the room, seeming to size each of you up, his head bobs gently as though he has weighed your worth and finds your presence acceptable.

A cloak of scales and furs trails down his massive back. He wears armour made of leather and stained a deep green. The leather has been carved with magical symbols and eldritch runes and is covered in tiny studs. Patched leather breeches cover his legs and high heavy leather boots protect his feet. A potion belt makes sure that his breeches remain up and his potions close at hand.

A wickedly curved purple hued scimitar hangs from his belt and he grips a long spear with a very sharp, painful looking point. He wears magical rings on the thumb of each hand and an amulet of scale and feathers hangs around his throat, dangling next to the crystal capped necklace that he uses as a focus for his magic.

You couldn't fail to notice when you entered that there was a large boar teethered to a hitching post outside. You are probably safe in assuming that the boar is the companion of the half orc.

"What bring you?" the half orcs question breaks the silence. His eye darting from the gnome, to the dwarf, to the woman. "You look for work too?"

cool hand luke

First Post
Upon being addressed by the hulking half-orc, the gnome stands, and silent as death glides across the room, coming to stand at the brutes feet. He stares up, craning his neck way back to look fearlessly at the large man. "Is that your boar outside?" he questions, "You look like you too are more comfortable in the forest or plains then this city. Yes, THe only reason I grace this pile of rat dung they call a city is to find employment."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Half Orc Druid

The half orc slowly lowers himself to the floor. His corded muscles bulging he kneels before the gnome so that they are eye to eyes. "Yes little one, that be Sithik and a truer friend I not want. I be Grilok, I am happy to meet with you" he growls in his 'friendly' voice.

Prof Yeti

First Post
After being addressed and seeing the gnome make his way over the Dwarf turns his attention solely to the Half-Orc. After the gnome' answer the dwarf speaks in a quiet but deep brogue "Yeh, I'm also searching for work, and the name is Brodin." While he resumes scanning the others in the room, he continues speaking "As for what brought me, I would say elves and to much conscience. But that's a story for another time and a good ale." and after a brief pause "What about yourselves?"

eabha

First Post
It always comes back to this, thinks the woman as she gets up and walks over to join the others. Strangers who, to all outward appearances, have no business being together, waiting in some stuffy office.

"Work?" she asks. "I've never really thought of it as work before. But, yes. That's why I'm here. I'm Aalin."

Last edited:

Remove ads