Crypt of Crimson Stars

cool hand luke

First Post
Measuring up the group, the gnome speaks to them all. My name is Arundel. I imagine I'll be the one out in front of the rest of you, not being seen or heard, bu keeping my eyes and ears open, and you guys out of trouble."

Prof Yeti

First Post
"Just not to far out front, dwarves aren't made for long distance running." the dwarf adds with a grin. As the group continues to banter he seems to begin to relax somewhat. "And you never know when my axe might become handy to have close."

cool hand luke

First Post
Turning to the dwarf, the gnome speaks back up.
Don't worry, If I get into trouble, I'll let you guys do the fighting, little old me is more effective when I'm not noticed, IF (and that's a big if) I am, I don't plan to stick around and get thumped on.

eabha

First Post
"I, too, am more effective behind the scenes," Aalin says. She turns to Brodin. "I'm sure you wield a mighty axe and I'd be glad to have it on my side in a fight, but if you are ever looking for ways to improve it, well..." She pats one of the large belt pouches on her hip. "Just ask."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Brodin Stoneheart - Ranger 3/ Fighter 4

cool hand luke said:
Turning to the dwarf, the gnome speaks back up.
Don't worry, If I get into trouble, I'll let you guys do the fighting, little old me is more effective when I'm not noticed, IF (and that's a big if) I am, I don't plan to stick around and get thumped on.

Shifting his weight from one leg to the other he ponders the gnome for a brief second. In his deep brogue he replies "No worries friend. Those not as accomplished as I might like. I learned long ago the benefits of a more stealthy approach. For me get'n the job done is the key, not how many fights we can get in. Me and the wolf prefer quality over quantity." with the last his face breaks into a large grin

Prof Yeti

First Post
eabha said:
"I, too, am more effective behind the scenes," Aalin says. She turns to Brodin. "I'm sure you wield a mighty axe and I'd be glad to have it on my side in a fight, but if you are ever looking for ways to improve it, well..." She pats one of the large belt pouches on her hip. "Just ask."

He turns to face her "No problem, I seem to always find more than enough fun, whether I'm looking or not." on hearing her second statement he turns the rest of his body, giving his sole attention "Excellent! That's a good thing to know. Though how are you with armors? A lil extra is never a bad thing."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Half Orc Druid

"Brodin, Aalin, Arundel, I pleased to meet. Think you that we need work as group?" The half orc rumbles, you're pretty sure that the grimace set on his face is actually a grin. "If so I hope you not hold tightly to your races prejudice against those with my blood Brodin" Grilok looks Brodin in the eye, keeping his glare steady and unwavering "I see you friend of nature" Grilok says as he takes in Brodin's woodsman's garb "That one thing in your favour. We have no trouble friend?" he says over his shoulder to the dwarf. As quickly as a storm sweeping in off the seas he changes tact "Know anything of our host?" he asks of no one in particular.

Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Ezala the secretary comes back into the room, interrupting further conversation. "Tophran will see you now, please come in." She waves her hand rapidly, ushering you through.

Tophran's office is lavishly decorated, but surprisingly small. The main feature of the room is an enormous desk, which looks as though it is made of densewood abd must have cost a small fortune. Several couches and stuffed armchairs dot the remainder of the room, while the walls are decorated with rich tapestries and beautifully illustrated landscapes. A pervading sense of organized chaos fills the room. The desk is cluttered with several piles of papers, while most of the paintings hang slightly crooked. The faint smell of cinnamon hangs in the musty air.

A small, middle-aged man with white hair and a bushy mustache sits behind the massive desk, looking oddly diminutive behind its huge span. In a scratchy but firm voice he introduces himself. "Welcome, all of you. I'm Tophran Damilek." He casts an appraising eye over the lot of you before muttering, "Yes, you lot look like you might fit the bill. Please, be seated." Then, with a sharp bark, "Ezala, some refreshments please? Tea and biscuits? Quickly now, please."

Returning his attention to the assembled adventurers, Tophran queries, "So then...to business?"

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Half Orc Druid

Grilok takes a deep breath and inhales that sickly sweet smell that has been plaguing his dreams for the last 3 years - cinnamon. Quickly his mood changes from one of light hearted banter to that of an alert, aware predator, stalking its prey, his eye is steady on Tophran "Business indeed, know you Belkor??" the half orc grunts "your office has his smell about it"

[sblock]Sense motive when he answers; keeping alert, ready for any developments[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads