• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crypt of Crimson Stars

D20Dazza

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Well, where's the food?"
Smiling and stifling a laugh of pleasure Grilok begins digging in the pouch at his side "Aahhh, here you go my small friend" he says as he fishes some seeds from the dark recesses of the pouch. He turns his attention back to Tophran, his mind thinking about the 'sleuths' he could hire to help with his investigation. "Grilok interested" he drawls "although he find some homes of the dead unsettling. Do you know anything of what gaurds this crypt?" The last word he spits out with particular distaste.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Brodin Stoneheart - Ranger 3/ Fighter 4

"What of the curses of the ancients? Did they leave any wards behind to guard this great treasure?" Death Gift asks. Though she was fatalisitc about most things, anything having to do with the wishes of the ancestors was to be considered seriously.

"Aye...It's not smart to anger the Gods, or the dead. And this smells of doing both." the deep brogue calls from the other side of the room. With tension seeping back into his stance Brodin continues "I would also like to know if there are any rumored beasties we should know about?"

Last edited:

eabha

First Post
The Crypt of Crimson Stars, thinks Aalin. A good name. A name worthy of song and story, perhaps. And curses are good as well. For stories, anyhow.

{OOC: Bardic Knowledge check (+8) on this Crimson Dragonshard.}

Krauss von Espy

First Post
cool hand luke said:
Standing up from his spot on the floor, the gnome, studying the man carefully, quickly questions, "2000 each, or 2000 total? And what can you tell us of the crypt? Tell me you at least no generally where it is. And if this IS the largest 'shard, why had nobody else laid claim to it?" he questions suspiciously.

"Two thousand each, I'm not a cheapskate!" Tophran seems mortified at the thought.

He continues, "I know exactly where the crypt is. My sources have provided me with its location, which I in turn will provide to you. The exact location of the crypt has been a mystery for hundreds of years, and was only recently uncovered by one of my close associates."

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"What of the curses of the ancients? Did they leave any wards behind to guard this great treasure?" Death Gift asks. Though she was fatalisitc about most things, anything having to do with the wishes of the ancestors was to be considered seriously.

D20Dazza said:
"Grilok interested" he drawls "although he find some homes of the dead unsettling. Do you know anything of what gaurds this crypt?" The last word he spits out with particular distaste.

Prof Yeti said:
"Aye...It's not smart to anger the Gods, or the dead. And this smells of doing both." the deep brogue calls from the other side of the room. With tension seeping back into his stance Brodin continues "I would also like to know if there are any rumored beasties we should know about?"

The questions of Death Gift, Grilok, and Brodin all elicit a common answer. "I presume the crypt is not unguarded, but I don't know any details, whether curses, wards, or...'beasties'. You all look capable of handling yourselves, though. That's why you're here."

eabha said:
The Crypt of Crimson Stars, thinks Aalin. A good name. A name worthy of song and story, perhaps. And curses are good as well. For stories, anyhow.

{OOC: Bardic Knowledge check (+8) on this Crimson Dragonshard.}

[Bardic Knowledge Check 2+8=10] Aalin has never heard of the Crimson Dragonshard.

Tophran holds out a faded map of the northern Talenta Plains. A large crimson star has been marked on the map on the southern edge of a small lake a few days' journey north of Gatherhold. "So then," he asks, "Do we have a deal?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Death Gift answers immediately. "Yes, I will go. Such things require delicacy to be certain the dead are not disturbed. However, what do you desire from the shard?" she asks in a low voice. Krell simply eats his seeds, twitching his whiskers occasionally as if to emphasize a point of Death Gift's words.

cool hand luke

First Post
At the mention of the Talenta Plains, arundel springs quickly to his feet, and with two amazing long strides for his seemingly short legs, is up examining the map. "At least I know something about the area, I spent the last 10 years of my life roaming those plains, but I've never heard of this place."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Brodin Stoneheart - Ranger 3/ Fighter 4

Moving forward to get a better view of the map and Tophran. After a short moment Brodin exclaims "Aye...You have my axe. I am not sure why but this Hunt intrigues me."

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Hookfang Half Orc Druid

The half orc stands behind the dwarf and the gnome peering over their heads and looking at the map. "Hmmmm, have business in Tower City but need gold to pay people talk. I and Sithek in. It is long journey, we walk?" Who find map? When we need be back? We keep everything but shard? How we move big shard? Where...." He looks around at the startled faces of his new companions as he trails to an end, his voice getting higher as he runs short on breath. "What?" he sheepishly growls, scowling at the group, a slight twinkle in his eye.

eabha

First Post
Aalin looks at the map.

It is an area she is not wholly familiar with, and even if there were not 2,000 gold in it for her she would likely take the offer. A dragonshard of great size and unknown power? It was hard for her to resist.

"Okay. I'm in. Though, I think I would prefer not to walk," she says, grinning at the enthusiastic half-orc.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Death Gift answers immediately. "Yes, I will go. Such things require delicacy to be certain the dead are not disturbed. However, what do you desire from the shard?" she asks in a low voice.

Tophran clears his throat, then answers. "Well, to sell it of course! I've already had lines of inquiry from more than one of the Dragonmarked Houses, not to mention Morgrave University."

cool hand luke said:
At the mention of the Talenta Plains, arundel springs quickly to his feet, and with two amazing long strides for his seemingly short legs, is up examining the map. "At least I know something about the area, I spent the last 10 years of my life roaming those plains, but I've never heard of this place."

"Well, the crypt was only just discovered, and in a very obscure location. The Talenta Plains cover a pretty fair stretch of ground, do they not?"

D20Dazza said:
The half orc stands behind the dwarf and the gnome peering over their heads and looking at the map. "Hmmmm, have business in Tower City but need gold to pay people talk. I and Sithek in. It is long journey, we walk?" Who find map? When we need be back? We keep everything but shard? How we move big shard? Where...." He looks around at the startled faces of his new companions as he trails to an end, his voice getting higher as he runs short on breath. "What?" he sheepishly growls, scowling at the group, a slight twinkle in his eye.

Tophran does his best to answer all of the half-orc's questions. "I can arrange transportation for you to and from Gatherhold. After that, you're on your own, so yes, for a few days, you might need to walk. If you follow this map you should be just fine. The sooner you can return the better, but this isn't a race."

"The crypt was located by an associate of mine, as I said. If you expect me to reveal my source, you can forget it. I'd hardly be a very good businessman if I did."

"You can keep anything you find, certainly. I care only about the Dragonshard."

At the last question, Tophran shakes his head, barely disguising his amusement. "Not seen a lot of 'shards have you, big fellow? Most Dragonshards are but tiny fragments...an extremely large one would be about as big as my fist. Even if the Crimson Dragonshard is as big as the legends say, you'll have no trouble carrying it."

Prof Yeti said:
Moving forward to get a better view of the map and Tophran. After a short moment Brodin exclaims "Aye...You have my axe. I am not sure why but this Hunt intrigues me."

eabha said:
Aalin looks at the map.

It is an area she is not wholly familiar with, and even if there were not 2,000 gold in it for her she would likely take the offer. A dragonshard of great size and unknown power? It was hard for her to resist.

"Okay. I'm in. Though, I think I would prefer not to walk," she says, grinning at the enthusiastic half-orc.
"Excellent! If you come back tomorrow morning, that should give me enough time to book your transportation."

Remove ads