• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crypt of Crimson Stars

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Half Orc Druid

A bit over an hour after the meeting with Tophran has ended the doors of the Drunken Dragon bang open and Grilok strides into the room. Water drips steadily from his helm and cloak, pooling on the floor around him. The clamour of the busy tavern dies down for a moment as the crowd takes in the tavern's newest patron. Grilok meets the stares of the drinkers, his head held proud and erect, slowly the banter resumes. Looking around the room he spies his new companions-in-arms and quickly makes his way across the room, shrugging out of his cloak and removing his helm. He looks down at the drinkers and smiles "Sit may I?" he says "I finished job and Sithek happy. Now me get happy and drink beer with new friends."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Death Gift, elf wizard

Death Gift actually cracks a smile at Grilok's arrival, and Krell crawls down her arm to twitch his whiskers at him in greeting. She has only a small glass of wine in front of her, and seems ill-suited to be in a bar, but she seems content to be here. "As I was saying, I don't believe I heard everyone's name..." she says, turning back to the others.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Brodin Stoneheart - Ranger 3/ Fighter 4

Turning with the sound at the entrance, Brodin raises a hand and gestures his new companion over. "Aye Grilok...come have some ale, and rest your bones by the fire." turning back to the lady "Sorry M'lady...to much time by myself in the deep tunnels. I am Brodin Stoneheart of Clan Kundarak."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Grilok Hookfang Half Orc Druid

The huge half orc drops his cloak and helm to an empty seat and bends at the knees before the mysterious elf woman "Grilok Hookfang is good to meet you; and little friend" he says reaching out and letting Krell run up his arm "I meet you my friend, think you like her I do". He slowly rises, his great muscles rippling as he moves and pulls up a chair. He drops heavily into it, the chair creaking under his weight, stretching his legs out before him he shakes his dreadlocked hair in relief "It good take that thing off" he says pointing to the skull "not nice wear, little smelly.....but look mean" he says with a wink of his one good eye. Signalling the serving girl he turns to the dwarf "Brodin yes? Me bad with names. I buy drink?"

eabha

First Post
Aalin scoots her chair over a little to make room at the table for the hulking half-orc, then returns her gaze to Death Gift. She has always been mystified and a little awed by elves, by their often peculiar outlook on life. And death.

"I'm Aalin Ranohrel, of Aundair. Though I've not been home in many years. I'm pleased to meet you."

Prof Yeti

First Post
With a smile very uncharacteristic of dwarves Brodin let out a laugh. "Nay my large friend. The first round is on me." Turning to the serving girl as she comes over "Lass I am going to need some help quenching my thirst and that of my friends, I would suggest a pitcher or two just to cut down on your work." he say while laying a platinum coin on her tray. "Lady Death Kiss do you need another wine? And you Lady Aalin?"

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
"It please me to slack thirst with you all" the half orc growls "I and Sithek eager to get out of city, not like being caged" Grilok sniffs at the air "You been on great water?" he asks of Aalin "have smell of salt and water on you. Me like good story. Have story to tell?"

eabha

First Post
At Grilok's mention of the sea, Aalin feels her stomach turn violently. She recalls with vivid detail the sensation of having been snatched from the deck of The Sea's Strumpet and dangled above the furious waves, a giant squid tentacle wrapped about her waist.

"Stories? Yes, I have stories. But I'm not at all certain now is the right time..."

Remove ads