Let's run a module: The Whispering Cairns (spoiler discussion)

Crothian

First Post
The winner of the vote is Dungeon #124: The Whispering Cairns. So, that is qwhat we are going to run. So, now time to talk about the book. Since it is from a magazine it muight be harder for someone to find (I know I have to try to hunt down a copy) so if you happen tom know where one can be found give a post about it and maybe someone else will be able to get it.

Scaleing the adveture can be a problem, so any cool ideas or notes how you scaled or would scale the adventure would be very useful. Also, having the story line from the adventure fit into your campaign would be cool to hear. How did you set it up? What changes did you have to make? Or perhaps some will just run uit as is as a one shot? It would be great to hear how the adventuire runs with zero changes.

Everyone who participates with this adventure is also going to get a little prize. Expeditious Retreat Press has offered a copy of 1 on 1 Adventures #1: Gambler's Quest. So, that's really cool of Joe and Suzi.

THe other adventures that were nominated are also going to see threads on them as it might be more convient for some people to run them or if you can run all or most of them.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
IronWolf said:
I can loan you my copy.

Cool, can you bring it Thursday then? And I hope you haven'ty read it, but if you have I'll just have to kill you or just make things a bit different and keep you off your feet..... :lol:

I'm planning on running it, though I'm pretty torn between doing a one-off, or converting it to use in my C&C campaign.

Either way, I plan on changing some of it around. To me, the plight of the ghost is more compelling than the tomb.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Well,

I'll be running this adventure in about a year's time. :)

I've only just gotten my party through the halfway point (Test of the Smoking Eye) in the Shackled City campaign and it's taken a full year to do that.

Jack

P.S. This is not to say I'm not really jonesing to do Age of Wurms.

delericho

Legend
Well, I'll run it one day, but not until I'm ready to tackle the Age of Worms as a whole. Which may be a while, since I'm currently between groups.

Jaws

First Post
I'm about 4/5 through Whispering Cairn. I figure I'll be done by the end of August. Then my friends DM for a bit before I continue with The Three Faces of Evil.

I've run it as is. Set in Greyhawk.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Remove ads