• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide! (Recruiting Closed, Players Selected!)

Malvoisin

First Post
The Savage Tide cometh!

In anticipation of the next big thing from Paizo and Dungeon Magazine, I am going to start recruiting now for The Savage Tide Adventure Path campaign, set to begin in late August/early September. It's my hope that by starting this process now, we will be nearly ready to start at the time that the first installment arrives.

I'll be taking on six players for this game, and PCs will start at first level. This initial recruitment process will remain open until Friday August 11th, so it's definitely not first-come first-served. Take your time, and really think about your submission.

At this point in time, I just want character concepts, not fully developed character sheets. We'll worry about the sheets only after the six players have been chosen. In choosing the players, I'll be strongly considering creativity, party balance, and campaign appropriateness. To the latter end, be aware that the campaign heavily features vicious pirates, mysterious jungle islands (including the famous Isle of Dread!), loads of swashbuckling action, and an eventual confrontation with a certain two-headed demon prince on his home layer of the Abyss.

I'll be happy to consider races, classes, feats, etc., from non-core Wizards supplements, so the sky's pretty much the limit. Go ahead and submit your psions, incarnates, beguilers, and what have you. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with sticking to the core rules if that's what you prefer. Druids, rangers, clerics with the Water or Plant domains...all could really shine here. Ultimately, I'll be looking for a well-balanced mix of old and new, familiar and unfamiliar.

Players should be able to post at a minimum of every other day. Every day (with the exception of weekends and holidays) would be better, but I won't make it a firm requirement. Just be aware that I expect regular participation from the players to keep things moving.

I think that's enough rambling from me...holler if you have any questions. I look forward to reviewing your submissions!

Thanks for reading!
Malvoisin
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Interested Persons List:

Voadam: Kalenestarianthalus Floriandin, Gray Elf Beguiler
Brogarn: Ozurr Brandskegg, Dwarf Wizard (Earth and Water elemental focus)
hafrogman: Human Dragon Shaman (Bronze Dragon Totem, w/sea serpent flavor)
Tonks: Damash Eriskan, Aventi Priest (Ocean and Travel domains)
Tonks: Ghent, Hadozee Polearm Fighter
Rhun: Anar Tovanni, Human Rogue/Fighter (future Shadowdancer, Dervish, or Duelist)
Land Outcast: Nicolai, Human Sorcerer (ex-pirate, headed for Stormcaster PrC)
A'koss: Valin Kholgard, Aquatic Human Scout (swashbuckling pilot concept)
scranford: Gnome Artificer or Alchemist (think MacGyver)
stonegod: 'Mad' Col Tobinson, Human Archivist (divine magic, knowledge, buffing)
rowport: Vakra Quinn, Half-Elf Warlock (defender of the race)
Ringmereth: Human Barbarian
JDragon: Akagi Harishia, Human Shugenja (Water Elemental Focus)
JDragon: Aquatic Elf Fighter
Tabbycatt: Irisa, Half-elf Druid
Saloric Windrunner: Sebrina Cardell, Human Sorcerer/Rogue
neg: Wavecrest Gnome Fighter or Ranger
neg: Seacliff Dwarf Scout
Watus: Morn Buckman, Half-Orc Thug
Watus: Salih Dariyah, Human Swashbuckler w/ Major Djinni Bloodline
Waylander the Slayer: Zelar Goodhope, Half-Orc Barbarian/Paladin
Candide: Sylus, Half-Elf Bard
A'koss: Valin Kholgard, Aquatic Human Swordsage/Warblade (from Tome of Battle)
sans: Innia Vei, Human Hexblade
GwydapLlew: Amedio Human Barbarian/Fighter
Isida Kep'Tukari: Makuvin Lirado, Water Genasi Monk

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I enjoyed the short lived one you ran with the demon cloak and the swamplands, so I'm interested. I'll start thinking of concepts. Core plus WotC supplements, got it.

Malvoisin

First Post
Voadam said:
I enjoyed the short lived one you ran with the demon cloak and the swamplands, so I'm interested. I'll start thinking of concepts. Core plus WotC supplements, got it.

I enjoyed running Fiend's Embrace as well, and I'm sorry I had to let it go. To be honest, though, its purpose was just to cut my teeth as DM in anticipation of this campaign, so there you go.

I'm glad to see you're interested in this, despite the other game's premature end. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, Voadam. :)

Rhun

First Post
I'm definitely interested in this. Sounds exciting! What campaign world is this set to take place in? Homebrew?

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
I'm definitely interested in this. Sounds exciting! What campaign world is this set to take place in? Homebrew?

Ostensibly, this is going to be set in Greyhawk, but for all practical intents and purposes it may as well be homebrew. The locations are far from established Grayhawk geography.

Really, 'Greyhawk' is only relevant to this game for its pantheon of deities. These will be the gods to choose from, should your character be of a divine bent.

Brogarn

First Post
I've been wanting to play a Dwarven Wizard named Ozurr Brandskegg for a while now. That's not his real name. He had his clan name stripped from him and was exiled for accidently burning off the Chief's beard in an unfortunate accident while casting a cantrip. So, he doesn't cast fire spells. I'm thinking of making him a Water or Earth Elemental Savant eventually. Or maybe an Abjurer. Either way, though, no burning booms from this guy.

EDIT: Err.. and I mean that in a "I'd like to participate, here's my character concept" way. Ahem. Don't mind me. The thoughts ramble through my brain, out my fingers, and off into the ether leaving me a bit dazed and wondering why I'm not wearing pants.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Seeing as the Fiend's Embrace died just as soon as I joined it, I'm going to have to try and come up with a concept for this one. Perhaps a Dragon Shaman, give it a shot with a sea-serpent flavor.

Tonks

First Post
Would you consider any of the races from the Shipwrecked book, or perhaps some of the aquatic themed races from the Unearthed Arcana? I would like to try a water based cleric and with the game not starting right away, all the better for my schedule to support it.

Malvoisin

First Post
Tonks said:
Would you consider any of the races from the Shipwrecked book, or perhaps some of the aquatic themed races from the Unearthed Arcana? I would like to try a water based cleric and with the game not starting right away, all the better for my schedule to support it.

I'm not sure what Shipwrecked book you mean....did you mean to say Stormwrack? If so, then yes, that's an acceptable source. In fact, I'd say a great deal of the material in that book is quite appropriate for the setting of this game.

As for UA variant rules, I'll consider anything, but I reserve the right of veto power.

Also, a character of an aquatic race will certainly require a very strong background to explain why such a character would join a (nonaquatic) adventuring party. Having said that, I'd be happy to consider your character concept. I'll let you know if I think it needs tweaking.

Last edited:

Remove ads