Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc (Recruitment closed)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Corinna Lathankin, a noted vampire slayer and a prominent leader of the Order of Aster (a militaristic organisation in service to the Church of Lathander) invites you to a private meeting at the Spires of the Morning. She tells you that she has learned that a reputed drug dealer, Lord Orlpar Husteem, has recently come into possession of a large quantity of bloodroot (an addictive drug oft used by vampires to heighten the taste of blood). Despite her efforts to involve the Order of Aster, Corrinna's superiors are sceptical that there's more than a simple drug deal involving a scion of a prominent noble family and are inclined to leave the policing of the city to the watch. Corinna asks you to stake out the Grinning Lion, Lord Orplar's usual haunt, and attempt to figure out who is buying the bloodroot and why.

~~~~

Greetings I'm interested in running the 'Vampires of Waterdeep' Campaign Arc, which are a series of three adventures detailed in Dungeon Magazines 126, 127 & 128 set in the City of Splendours, Waterdeep.

The first adventure entitled 'Blood of Malar' is an adventure for 13th level characters, I'm willing to take on a group of 5 characters for these adventures.

Character Creation Guidelines
Point Buy: 32 points.
Effective Character Level: 13th.
XP: 84000 (1/2 way between 13th and 14th level)
Gold: 130,000 GP (No more than half of this can be spent on any single item), also no custom items will be allowed.
HP's: Max at 1st level, 1/2 +1 for all other levels.
Alignments: Any but you obviously must be able to work together
Books: Any WoTC sourcebook, excluding world specific sourcebooks for worlds other than Forgotten Realms.
Races: Anything from the above books, but no LA's above +4.
Posting Rate: 3-5 times a week.
Special: You will each receive a free bonus regional feat at 1st level, this is in addition to any other bonus feats you'd ordinarily be allowed.

It will be assumed that you are a notable adventuring group that has been working together for years, also lets assume that Corrina payment is included in your starting gold.

If you're interested in playing in this game please post your completed character sheets by the 11th of August (+12 GMT).

Temporary Rogues Gallery

Interested Players
Tyler Durden (Geric, Synad Monk 1 / Barbarian 4 / Warshaper 8)
Rhun
ByteRynn (Brandon Moonsoul, Human Favoured Soul 6 / Silverstar 3 / Divine Disciple of Selune 4)
Thanee
Voadam (Konrad Stonefist, Dwarven Monk 12 / Tattooed Monk 1, and Wolf Henger Aranea Rogue 2 / Warshaper 4)
hafrogman (Kenneth Durnstad, Human Ranger 13)
Ferrix
GoddessFallenAngel
Candide
Pinotage (Cray Battleheart, Dwarven Barbarian 1 / Fighter 12)
Isida Kep'Turaki (Evendur Tallstag, Human Fighter 8 / Divine Champion of Helm 5)
Dog Moon
Jemal
Albedo
Old Gumphrey (Jedero the Destroyer, Gnome Barbarian 3 / Fighter 3 / Frenzied Bezerker 7)
Bloodweaver (Inquisitor Caladen, Human Cleric 6 / Radiant Servant of Lathander 7)
TwistedMindInc

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

First Post
I'm new around here and I've been testing the waters in a few other games, but this one looks especially interesting. Most of my 3.5 D+D experience comes from real life games that are usually between 10th and 20th level, since that's where my friends and I tend to have the most fun it the game.

The one question I have for you before I try to come up with a complete character concept is whether or not you allow the PHB II. Thanks.

Rhun

First Post
Lord_Raven, it would be an honor to play in another one of your games. I have greatly enjoyed Adventures In Cormyr thus far, and I would be interest in this one as well.

I believe I shall put together a wizard or sorceror for this, as I've yet to play one in PBP. It will take a while to put together a 13th level PC, but I think I'll be able to come up with something in short order!

BTW, how do you feel about the Domain Wizard variant in the SRD/UA?

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Tyler Durden said:
I'm new around here and I've been testing the waters in a few other games, but this one looks especially interesting. Most of my 3.5 D+D experience comes from real life games that are usually between 10th and 20th level, since that's where my friends and I tend to have the most fun it the game.

The one question I have for you before I try to come up with a complete character concept is whether or not you allow the PHB II. Thanks.
I forgot about the PHB2, but I'll allow it, so submit away. :)

Also like you, I enjoy higher level games, as such after I've finished running these adventures I'm going to run the Lich Queens Beloved as an 18th level adventure that pits you against Vlaakith, Ruler of the Githyanki. :]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rhun said:
Lord_Raven, it would be an honor to play in another one of your games. I have greatly enjoyed Adventures In Cormyr thus far, and I would be interest in this one as well.

I believe I shall put together a wizard or sorceror for this, as I've yet to play one in PBP. It will take a while to put together a 13th level PC, but I think I'll be able to come up with something in short order!

BTW, how do you feel about the Domain Wizard variant in the SRD/UA?
I look forward to seeing your character Rhun, since this variant is in the SRD I commonly use, I'll allow it. :heh:

Rhun

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
I look forward to seeing your character Rhun, since this variant is in the SRD I commonly use, I'll allow it. :heh:

Excellent. I should be able to come up with something decent, considering Waterdeep is probably my most favorite city ever...and has been since FR1: Waterdeep and the North. Damn, that was almost 20 years ago.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rhun said:
Excellent. I should be able to come up with something decent, considering Waterdeep is probably my most favorite city ever...and has been since FR1: Waterdeep and the North. Damn, that was almost 20 years ago.
You must be really really old :p

Remove ads