• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc (Recruitment closed)

Rhun

First Post
One more question, LR...do you want the PCs to be from Waterdeep? That is, do we use Waterdeep as the region for our Regional Feat?

Thanee

First Post
This sounds really interesting. :D

I had already played in a campaign based on this once, but that didn't really go over the introduction stage unfortunately.

Not entirely sure, what kind of character I would like to play, but I'm sure I would find something. :)

I very much like martially oriented spellcasters (i.e. Eldritch Knight based on Sorcerer), but if Tyler Durden wants to play a Duskblade, which might possibly be considering the question about PHB II, and Rhun is already making a wizard, that might lean a bit too much on the arcane side of things, though. ;)

Another idea would be a Pixie Spellthief. :D

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I was also in the game with Thanee, we didn't get past the opening bar scene.

I'm interested. I'm thinking a dwarven tattooed monk, heavy on strength and con, not so much on mysticism, his tattoos are dwarven runes. A bareknuckled bruiser type.

I had fun playing a bareknuckled bruiser dwarven monk in Evil Halfling's FR undermountain Maddgoth's Castle pbp game so I'm thinking of taking the character and remolding him to this higher level game.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'm looking at putting together a ranger-as-knight type character. Sword and board, shiny armor, horse animal companion, the whole nine yards. Details to follow.

How offensive is slight metagaming due to just the title of the adventure? Favored enemy: Undead :cool: ?

Rhun

First Post
Questions, questions, questions... :D

1) How much do I have to spend for extra spells (above and beyond my 2 per level)? It seems just about every DM has a house rule for this, thus I am asking?

2) How much XP are you allowing to be spent on Crafting Items and/or Permanent Effects?

Voadam

Legend
Konrad Stonefist

Konrad Stonefist

Dwarven Monk 12 Tattoo monk 1

Str 19 (+4)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 16 (+3)
Int 10
Wis 14 <20> (+2) <+5>
Cha 8 (-1)

F +13, R +14, W +12<15> (+2 vs. spells, Spell-like abilities)
HP 107 (8 +5x12 + 39)
AC 27 (+4 armor, +2 dex, +5 wis, +3 monk, +3 deflection), touch 23, 25

Attack +14 unarmed 2d8+4 (magic, lawful) or
+15<17> kama 1d6+4<6> (magic, silver +2d6 vs. undead)
Flurry +14/+14/+14/+9 unarmed 2d8+4 (magic, lawful) or
Flurry +15<17>/+15<17>/+15<17> kama 1d6+4<6> (magic, silver +2d6 vs. undead)

BAB +9
Grapple +17
Initiative +6
Trip +8

Feats:
Thunder Twin (B), Improved Unarmed Strike (B), Improved Grapple (B), Deflect Arrows (B), Improved Trip (B), Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus Unarmed Strike, Blind Fighting, Endurance, Improved Initiative,

Skills
Climb 16+4 = 20
Jump 16+4+4+2 = 26
Spot 15+2<5> = 20
Tumble 16+2+2 = 20
Knowledge religion +1 = 1

Dwarf:[SBLOCK]• +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
• Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
• Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
• Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
• Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
• +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
• +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
• +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
• Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass dwarf ’s fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing
[/SBLOCK]

Monk:[SBLOCK]Bonus Feat: At 1st level, a monk may select either Improved Grapple or Stunning Fist as a bonus feat. At 2nd level, she may select either Combat Reflexes or Deflect Arrows as a bonus feat. At 6th level, she may select either Improved Disarm or Improved Trip as a bonus feat. A monk need not have any of the prerequisites normally required for these feats to select them.

Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level or higher if a monk makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a monk is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Improved Evasion (Ex)
At 9th level, a monk’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Fast Movement (Ex): At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to her speed, as shown on Table: The Monk. A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed. +40 ft

Still Mind (Ex): A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment.

Ki Strike (Su): At 4th level, a monk’s unarmed attacks are empowered with ki. Her unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Ki strike improves with the character’s monk level. At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. At 16th level, her unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction and bypassing hardness.

Slow Fall (Ex): At 4th level or higher, a monk within arm’s reach of a wall can use it to slow her descent. When first using this ability, she takes damage as if the fall were 20 feet shorter than it actually is. The monk’s ability to slow her fall (that is, to reduce the effective distance of the fall when next to a wall) improves with her monk level until at 20th level she can use a nearby wall to slow her descent and fall any distance without harm. 60 ft.

Purity of Body (Ex): At 5th level, a monk gains immunity to all diseases except for supernatural and magical diseases.

Wholeness of Body (Su): At 7th level or higher, a monk can heal her own wounds. She can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to twice her current monk level each day, and she can spread this healing out among several uses. 24 hp.

Diamond Body (Su)
At 11th level, a monk gains immunity to poisons of all kinds.
[/SBLOCK]

Tatto Monk[SBLOCK]Ocean Tattoo (Su)
Does not need to eat, drink, or sleep.[/SBLOCK]

Equipment 130K
13K monk's belt
16k Bracers of Armor +4
18K Ring of protection +3
36K Periapt of Wisdom +6
38K Scarab of Protection
8,322 silvered kama +1 undead bane
678 gp

Konrad is a dark haired broad chested dwarf, dressed in brown breeches with stout boots, a broad belt, and thick bracers he appears quite the dwarven roughneck bruiser. A small ring and a periapt hanging from his neck are the only current signs of dwarvish wealth about him.

Picture: http://www.hallofhero.com/warrior/tm/dwarf2.jpg

Konrad is a practitioner of the dwarven Flowing Magma school of combat. He has trained to harden his mind and body and use them to roll with an opponent's punches and turn their power against them. He is partial to acrobatic leaps in combat and his flying jump kicks have knocked more than one opponent off their feet and staved in other unfortunates' ribs.

One of the thunder generation, Konrad journeyed with his twin Theobold and together they fought humanoids and giants across the lands. The pair were interested in finding the "flying castle" of undermountain and the renegade wizard who lairs there and journeyed into that fabled locale to hunt him down.

After an underdark vampire killed Theobold Konrad has been working with a famed vampire hunter and has even taken up the use of a silvered weapon, normally he prefers to just smash living opponents with his meaty fists. He had dwarven magical runes tattooed onto his chest so that he can pursue vampires night or day without pause for rest or eating.

Past exploits: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=158013

Last edited:

I'm interested, if there is still room...

I'm thinking Roguish-type. Maybe CN rogue/shadowdancer, or rogue/shadow-walker/Telflammar Shadowlord (provided the last two are allowed, they are from Forgotten Realms: Unapproachable East, I've had a GM veto it before).

Are you taking first-come first-served, or if you have more than 5 character sheets by the 11th, are you picking 5 from them?

Last edited:

Remove ads