• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc (Recruitment closed)

Pinotage

Explorer
This sounds interesting. The last PbP I tried here one ENWorld died on me. I'm not quite sure what I'll be playing, but I'll keep you posted if I come up with something that tickles my fancy.

Pinotage

Thanee

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
XP: 96500 (1/2 way between 13th and 14th level)

Something stuck me weird with that number, so I checked... it's probably meant to be 86,500 (or rather 84,500). 96,500 is already well into 14th level. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
A question...

Is Planar Binding alright?

Can it be used to call good-aligned outsiders with a Magic Circle of Evil (which cannot hold them, just to fulfill the spell requirement)... basically to call them and then ask them for help, offering something in return instead of forcing them.

Bye
Thanee

Pinotage

Explorer
Another question: Are the 'Races of' books allowed?

At the moment I'm thinking of filling the brutal melee role, probably with some form of dwarven barbarian/fighter something or other. Standard fare mostly, I think.

Edit: Just to make sure what your take on this is, can you use a buckler and a two-handed weapon with Improved Buckler Defense and retain the AC of the buckler when attacking (with the -1 penalty, of course)?

Pinotage

Last edited:

Question

First Post
Thanee said:
Something stuck me weird with that number, so I checked... it's probably meant to be 86,500 (or rather 84,500). 96,500 is already well into 14th level. ;)

Bye
Thanee

No no he meant you start at 14th level :p

Rhun

First Post
Voadam said:
Updated Konrad, I believe he is now complete.

It will be good to see Knorad in action, again! I only got to see him do his thing for a short period of time in that Maddgoth's Castle game.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Thanee said:

Bye
Thanee
My bad, since I didn't have the PHB handy I attempted to work out the XP manually, obviously I got it wrong. You should have enough XP to place you squarely between 13th and 14th level which is 84000 XP.

Thanee said:
A question...

Is Planar Binding alright?

Can it be used to call good-aligned outsiders with a Magic Circle of Evil (which cannot hold them, just to fulfill the spell requirement)... basically to call them and then ask them for help, offering something in return instead of forcing them.

Bye
Thanee
Yes you can do this, but don't be surprised if a good-aligned outsider chooses to 'teach' you a lesson for being impertinent enough to forcefully summon it.

Pinotage said:
Another question: Are the 'Races of' books allowed?

At the moment I'm thinking of filling the brutal melee role, probably with some form of dwarven barbarian/fighter something or other. Standard fare mostly, I think.

Edit: Just to make sure what your take on this is, can you use a buckler and a two-handed weapon with Improved Buckler Defense and retain the AC of the buckler when attacking (with the -1 penalty, of course)?

Pinotage
In General the 'Races of' books won't be allowed, as I want to keep this a strictly FR affair, having said that if all you want to use is a piece of equipment of a feat then I might allow it. Regrading the Improved Buckler Defense, I'll allow it.

Voadam said:
Updated Konrad, I believe he is now complete.
Great stuff, I'll starting looking him over.

Thanee

First Post
And another question... Ring of Theurgy (Complete Arcane).

Can a divine caster (i.e. a cleric) cast a spell into the ring, so that a sorcerer can then cast it from there (as long as the spell is on the sorcerer's class list, of course, i.e. Resist Energy)?

Can you use scrolls to cast spells into the ring?

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads