• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus in Eberron

BOAZ

First Post
Hi there,

so after reading the thread regarding Ptolus in the FR I was wondering where we should place that wonderful city in the world of Eberron?

ruleslawyer

As with the Realms, the easiest solution is to place Ptolus somewhere remote; perhaps off the continent of Khorvaire entirely. Xen'drik has lots of empty space into which to plop a city.

One interesting idea might be to slap the city and its environs in the middle of the Mournland; maybe Ptolus is an island of safety in the midst of that blasted land (or perhaps it's drawing its power from the Mournland itself!).

One idea I like (though it does require some historic retooling) would be to make Ptolus the ancient capital of Galifar. Putting it in the center of the Mournland would probably work well with this; perhas the assaults on the city created so much collateral damage as to render the surrounding land a waste, but Ptolus and its environs survived through powerful magic.

If the Sharn sourcebook weren't so excellent, I'd consider replacing Sharn with Ptolus, but the former city seems a bit too iconic to Eberron to dispense with.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I dont know much about Ptolus but there are other big cities in the other nations you could use.

If you wanted to mess with the size a bit in the Eberron mythology New Throne in Q'barra might be a good place.

You could also shove it off into Sarlona.
There is Stormhold in Aundair?

You could use it with modifications to key npcs to make it in Drooam, Zilargo or Darguun?

Mournland and Xen'drik are used too often I feel to place things.

Graf

Explorer
Arbitor is kinda right.
Plotus is a huge, technically advanced (guns, etc), metropolis. You can’t just stick someplace like New York City off in a cubby hole.

The biggest problem is that the history of Plotus, with the “the emperor’s descendent lives here” needs to be changed somehow. The only one of the Five Kingdom’s that isn’t still ruled by the respective scion of Galifar is Thrane; maybe you could stick it there?

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
You might consider as well just moving the parts of Ptolus that interest you the most into an existing city, such as Sharn, rather than moving it wholesale. It may take a bit of work, but may be easier than moving an entire city.

Remove ads