• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus in Eberron

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Whisper72 said:
Hmm.... how about making Ptolus the capital of Riedra?

Not enough mind control in the city for that.

Here is my suggestion: Say that one of the peninsulas in the south of Cyre was unaffected by the Day of Mourning - see this map for a close-up of the region. Decide whether you want the one closer to Valenar or Darguun, depending on which one you want to be the big "external theat" that might attempt to conquer the city, and place Ptolus there. Some surrounding parts of the countryside also survived - just barely enough to feed the city.

The city is now the last true remnant of Cyre, and the surviving nobility has probably relocated there, and there is much discussion between the inhabitants whether to try and rebuild Cyre with much blood and effort, or whether to cut their losses and merely trying to protect the city-state itself.

There's much tension between the Commissar and the Prince - the former has a firm grasp on the power of the city, but he won't move against the Prince as long as the Prince makes no overt moves to oust him.

Apart from that, much of Ptolus could be used as written - though you should add Dragonmark House enclaves and a refugee camp outside of the city walls.

How does that sound?

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
In order not to mess with the geography of the city (facing the ocean to the east on the water) and the climate, I ripped Skairn out of the Lhazaar Principalities and put Ptolus in its place. It's far enough removed from the Five Kingdoms that any other discrepancies won't be all that noticable.

I have yet to see how well this is going to work, but I should be starting this campaign in about a month.

JediSoth

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
JediSoth said:
In order not to mess with the geography of the city (facing the ocean to the east on the water) and the climate, I ripped Skairn out of the Lhazaar Principalities and put Ptolus in its place. It's far enough removed from the Five Kingdoms that any other discrepancies won't be all that noticable.

On the other hand, that would isolate Ptolus from much of the politics of the continent, since then it would be at the back of nowhere. From what I've read of the book so far, you get the impression that events in Ptolus are important to the rest of the world...

BOAZ

First Post
I really like he idea of placing Ptolus in the mournland. The city might even hold the secret of Cyre's downfall. Juergen had some cool ideas on how to make that work. Thank you all for helping me out...

BOAZ

First Post
...and now we shall place Rappan Athuk in the middle of the mournland so my party has another little dungeon to explore... :p

Khairn

First Post
I like the idea of Ptolus being the capital of Galifar. A city that is now neutral ground due to the treaty that ended the Last War. Place it on the island of Thronehold, in the center of all the action around the Scion Sound.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads